Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (152 Viewers)

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
8/10. But I'd say it's closer to a nine rather than a seven. I just rewatched the last part. Both had positives and negatives IMO. I also really liked Rogue One. By far the worst one was Solo: A Star Wars Story. I think that one was total garbage.
To each his own :tup: I know it's not fun when some discredit a movie you like. It's simply my opinion.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
To each his own :tup: I know it's not fun when someone hates on a movie you like. Sorry about that, it's simply an opinion.
Oh, no, I don't have anything against that as long as it has a reasonable critic behind it. I also don't like plenty of the movies.

And while we're at Star Wars... I watched Marriage Story. :tup: It had Adam Driver in it (Kylo Ren) and oh boy, was that phenomenal acting. Pure class, he totally owned the scenes, especially in the second part of the movie. EASILY an Oscar nomination imo. Scarlett Johansson was also great, her best performances so far. The movie itself is quite good too, it shows the divorce and the ugly part of it. Very enjoyable and I recommend watching. 8/10 for me

Juvenann

Sep 3, 2018
I haven't seen The Lighthouse yet :sad:.

I will watch SW this weekend...

Trainspotting - I hate movies about drugs. Not that I've seen many but it puts me in a horrible mood as it's really disgusting to watch that shit. McGregor was incredible here, it shows he can do plenty of stuff, top notch performance. As for the movie itself, it had funny and great movies, but overall it's just decent/good-ish movie.
RkRmZ5.gif

I love Trainspotting. Those characters and that soundtrack are amazing :heart:.

- - - Updated - - -

@Post Ironic have you seen In Fabric?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Uncut Gems was amazing. The Sadfie brothers are up there with the best movie makers there is working right now.
Oooh, it's out? Been waiting for it what feels like forever. Cant wait til it comes out in Sweden.

How was my all time favourite basketball player like in the movie? Kevin Garnett.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I haven't seen The Lighthouse yet :sad:.

I will watch SW this weekend...

RkRmZ5.gif

I love Trainspotting. Those characters and that soundtrack are amazing :heart:.

- - - Updated - - -

@Post Ironic have you seen In Fabric?
I have. I’m a big fan of Peter Strickland. Hasn’t made a poor film yet. I loved Katalin Varga, Berberian Sound Studio, and The Duke of Burgundy... but this one is his best effort yet imo.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, do you know of the filmmaker Bertrand Mandico? Has been making some great experimental shorts for years. But you should check out his first feature film The Wild Boys. Saw it recently. So good and I believe it would be just your cup of tea.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I haven't been watching movies at all lately, I can't remember when was the last time I did. Yesterday we went and watched Knives Out

Damn that was a brilliant movie, I loved it a lot.

Ahead of that there were some trailer and this one popped up Parasite. It looks great too, I want to watch it.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Oooh, it's out? Been waiting for it what feels like forever. Cant wait til it comes out in Sweden.

How was my all time favourite basketball player like in the movie? Kevin Garnett.
Yes it's out. One of the best movies of the year for me easily.

He was great you would never know he wasn't an actor by trade.

Would you not just watch an online stream?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Nah I dont like watching on less reliable quality stream in some random site for movies I look forward to (downloading is another matter). If it was provided in a HD quality with zero buffer and issue it would be another matter. Tho those are usually just paid stream services.

Plus I barely have any movies to watch in cinema so dont mind waiting.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Nah I dont like watching on less reliable quality stream in some random site for movies I look forward to (downloading is another matter). If it was provided in a HD quality with zero buffer and issue it would be another matter. Tho those are usually just paid stream services.

Plus I barely have any movies to watch in cinema so dont mind waiting.
I've gave up on the cinema sadly I just can't relax and get into a movie enough as I'm too easily distracted.

The Joker was the last straw for me too much laughter in the audience and over reacting.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
I've gave up on the cinema sadly I just can't relax and get into a movie enough as I'm too easily distracted.

The Joker was the last straw for me too much laughter in the audience and over reacting.
Same. I've had really good experiences in specialized Cinema with niche, indie and international films. But the standard cinema experience is terrible for me, people moving in and out, whispering, moving, eating, laughing (happened to me recently with Joker as well)

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Just watched Ep. IX and it wasn't bad at all. I have never put SW on some pedestral like these blokes who stand up during comic con panels and ask why on page 42 of the comic somebody did this or that. So I won't give a shit about many incoherences within the lore as long as they are not completely over the top. And unlike the PT and Ep. VIII this movie doesn't shit on common sense and feels like a decent and fun enough space adventure movie to me. Of course there is a multitude of cringe moments, it's Disney after all.

Also it appears that I have won some bets regarding Rey's ancestry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 141)