Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (97 Viewers)

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
lol I did just now. It's great. Actually, better than their remakes.
I am a huge Terminator fan. Duh, right? :D But only of the 1st 2 parts. The rest is shite. They are raping the franchise over and over. Dark Fate is easily the worst part, like somebody put it in recycle bin and then restored it.

Buraz, kakvu knjigu pišeš?

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I am a huge Terminator fan. Duh, right? :D But only of the 1st 2 parts. The rest is shite. They are raping the franchise over and over. Dark Fate is easily the worst part, like somebody put it in recycle bin and then restored it.

Buraz, kakvu knjigu pišeš?
Part 1 and 2 are legendary. The rest is pure shit but I find it pathetic how they try to revive it by making even worse than the previous ones.

Ne pisem nego zavrsio i izdao pre mesec i po dana. Pisao sam roman u formi pisama u periodu devetnaestog veka gde je radnja smestena u Rusiju. A pisao sam o coveku, zivotu, ljubavi i tako nekim temama koje su sveprisutpne i duboko danas potisnute u ljudima, vise u nekom arhaicnom stilu, gde sam i kroz glavnom lika pokazao greh, licemerstvo i protivrecje dok knjiga kao takva u velikoj meri predstavlja i kritiku danasnjeg drustva gde vrednosti i ne postoje.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
So I'm in Santa Lucia night cinema event, once a year, you get to see 2-3 movies straight, they are a surprise to you, movies not out in cinema yet (for Swedish premieres), sometimes you get a dud. Generally the first film (last year had bumble bee LOL).

I sit down, a movie I didnt even know was being made rolls up, it was surreal, funny, thought provoking, gut wrenching, charming and unmitigated wonderful satirical but serious movie.

Called Jojo Rabbit (reminds me so much of one my fav books ever catch 22). Not seen much movies this year, but easily movie of the year for me.

If it wasnt obvious before, it is now, Taika Waihiti movies is a must see movies (I know I butchered his name, still sitting here waiting for next movie).

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
So I'm in Santa Lucia night cinema event, once a year, you get to see 2-3 movies straight, they are a surprise to you, movies not out in cinema yet (for Swedish premieres), sometimes you get a dud. Generally the first film (last year had bumble bee LOL).

I sit down, a movie I didnt even know was being made rolls up, it was surreal, funny, thought provoking, gut wrenching, charming and unmitigated wonderful satirical but serious movie.

Called Jojo Rabbit (reminds me so much of one my fav books ever catch 22). Not seen much movies this year, but easily movie of the year for me.

If it wasnt obvious before, it is now, Taika Waihiti movies is a must see movies (I know I butchered his name, still sitting here waiting for next movie).
JoJo Rabbit is great

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Daaamn, what a great two piece of brilliant cinema (pretty much saved the cinema year for me lol). The 2nd movie for viewing was another one I didnt know about (too lazy for cinema nowadays, so settle for tv or books half the time) even tho I used to be up to date with Korean cinema, this is apparently oscar nominated, tho I barely check anymore for nominations. Needless to say, I loved Jojo Rabbit, but it was the film of the year for me for just 2 hours :oops2:

Parasite :delpiero:(Honestly, stop reading right now, not because I'm about to spoiler anything, but its a movie perfectly viewed just not knowing anything about, just the name parasite, and go see it).

Absolutely haunting and obsessively brilliant thriller of a story that has you experiencing the complete roller coaster range of emotions for these very human characters. Psychotic and bleakly depressing class warfare. SO MANY captivating scene stealers for just one movie. Cant even describe it fully, feels like its not enough to call it masterpiece, its exceptionally close to perfect cinema piece.

Huge visual spoiler to watch this, but mainly interesting technical review (basically nothing about the story).

This was me throughout the whole movie:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Parasite was indeed great.

I watched some. Here's my short reviews:

The Deer Hunter - Bad. It's so incredibly overrated. First 1/3 was total bore fest and I couldn't even connect with the characters. The wedding was so boring, oh God, I thought I'd fall asleep there. Then it moves on and it's still bad, just less bad. Kinda lame how majority of the movie rotates around russian roulette... meh. The character study was quite weak and shallow. Movie might have left a better taste during the years when it came out but now, to me at least, it's just a bad movie. De Niro was just average which makes me think of another point... is there any other actor who's more overrated than De Niro? I highly doubt it. The guy is just... average. There's not one his performance where other actors wouldn't pull even better job. Yes, I even think he's average in Taxi Driver. His best performance is Raging Bull imo, but still, to even call him one of the best actors is laughable. Majority of his movies/acting is linear just like The Irishman.

The Sixth Sense
- I had to re-watch this. It's been like 15 years since the last time I saw it lol. It's nice and entertaining defo.

The Help - Not bad. Nothing special, though.

Trainspotting - I hate movies about drugs. Not that I've seen many but it puts me in a horrible mood as it's really disgusting to watch that shit. McGregor was incredible here, it shows he can do plenty of stuff, top notch performance. As for the movie itself, it had funny and great movies, but overall it's just decent/good-ish movie.

Dangal - Entertaining and a nice movie to kill your time. Very predictable, though. The most bizarre scene was at around 1 hour where the two girls talk to each other and in the background you see a Partizan towel hanged. That was like... LOL... what the fuck. Indian movie. Totally random.

The White Ribbon - Pretty great movie. Haneke knows his shit. Not a killer of mood, unlike Amour of his, but it felt semi depressive to watch this. Loved the atmosphere, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 96)