Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (88 Viewers)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I liked it too. They did take liberties with the story lines on this, though. If they really did follow the comic books, Steve Rogers would have died after Civil War
I haven’t read the comics but I really liked how it ended. Spoiler alert, not crazy about Falcon getting the shield tho, mainly because I don’t think he’s a good enough actor to be Captain America if they do another movie.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I haven’t read the comics but I really liked how it ended. Spoiler alert, not crazy about Falcon getting the shield tho, mainly because I don’t think he’s a good enough actor to be Captain America if they do another movie.
It's supposed to be Bucky Brooks. He was the next Captain America.

But, you know. Since they didn't kill him off after Civil War, I guess nothing was off the table at that point.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
They will do limited TV series for Falcon and Bucky, Black widow (how?) And Hawkeye, and Wanda and Vision (latter also how, is dead). That's 3 separate series of avenger characters.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
The problem is that all the DC movies that I have seen have sucked with the exception of Wonder Woman. I haven't seen Shazam yet.

- - - Updated - - -

And then of course you have the Joker origin movie, but I highly doubt that is going to be tied into the DC Universe in any way.

- - - Updated - - -

Because quite frankly, Joaquin Phoenix is far too good to be lumped into that train wreck
Shazam was good it was a light hearted superhero movie alot less dark.
Wonder woman was very good
The dark Knight trilogy was epic!
Aquaman was pretty good as well

I think DC will build on those more individual films first before doing the new justice league

Matt reeves version of Batman is said to be a Noir detective movie more Batman centric with a whole rogues gallery sounds very interesting

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Shazam was good it was a light hearted superhero movie alot less dark.
Wonder woman was very good
The dark Knight trilogy was epic!
Aquaman was pretty good as well

I think DC will build on those more individual films first before doing the new justice league

Matt reeves version of Batman is said to be a Noir detective movie more Batman centric with a whole rogues gallery sounds very interesting

I'm not counting the Dark Knight trilogy. You can't for this current DC Universe story arc. Now if Christian Bale were to reprise the role, that's a different story altogether. It just looks like it is going to be reboot after reboot for every main character except for Wonder Woman and possibly Aquaman. Ben Afflek as batman was a horrible choice, and as much as I love the Superman comics, Henry Cavill doesn't have much charisma.

There is only one Superman in my book, and that is Christopher Reeve.

The one thing that DC has going for it is that it is home to easily the greatest villain of all time in The Joker. There isn't even a close 2nd. In fact, an argument could be made that the 2nd greatest of all time is Lex Luthor. They need to somehow incorporate Joaquin Phoenix's version of the Joker into the DC Universe for these films.

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
I'm not counting the Dark Knight trilogy. You can't for this current DC Universe story arc. Now if Christian Bale were to reprise the role, that's a different story altogether. It just looks like it is going to be reboot after reboot for every main character except for Wonder Woman and possibly Aquaman. Ben Afflek as batman was a horrible choice, and as much as I love the Superman comics, Henry Cavill doesn't have much charisma.

There is only one Superman in my book, and that is Christopher Reeve.

The one thing that DC has going for it is that it is home to easily the greatest villain of all time in The Joker. There isn't even a close 2nd. In fact, an argument could be made that the 2nd greatest of all time is Lex Luthor. They need to somehow incorporate Joaquin Phoenix's version of the Joker into the DC Universe for these films.
Well this arc is dead so it's back to individual movies. Which I think makes sense. Build the strength of the characters then merge the league

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Well this arc is dead so it's back to individual movies. Which I think makes sense. Build the strength of the characters then merge the league

The problem with the characters, in my opinion, is that the biggest superhero in the DC universe is basically without flaw, and practically unbeatable. Modern movie goers want to see frailties, even in our superheroes. It's tough to captivate an audience when Superman's only weakness is a glowing green rock. And I think that the other issue is that with Batman and Superman, everyone knows their origin story. It's basically canon at this point. There is no wiggle room for interpretation. We've all known their origins for over 80 years. I think the one thing that Marvel had going for it is that not nearly as many people know the origins of Iron Man and Captain America, who are far and away the two biggest characters in their movie universe. It wasn't a "been there, done that" situation. So even though these characters have been around for nearly 60 and 75 years, respectively, it was fresh in the minds of the movie going public.

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
The problem with the characters, in my opinion, is that the biggest superhero in the DC universe is basically without flaw, and practically unbeatable. Modern movie goers want to see frailties, even in our superheroes. It's tough to captivate an audience when Superman's only weakness is a glowing green rock. And I think that the other issue is that with Batman and Superman, everyone knows their origin story. It's basically canon at this point. There is no wiggle room for interpretation. We've all known their origins for over 80 years. I think the one thing that Marvel had going for it is that not nearly as many people know the origins of Iron Man and Captain America, who are far and away the two biggest characters in their movie universe. It wasn't a "been there, done that" situation. So even though these characters have been around for nearly 60 and 75 years, respectively, it was fresh in the minds of the movie going public.
Well technically the biggest superhero is Batman in comic sales and merchandise. I understand the Superman conundrum and as Superman was a modern retelling of the Messiah this makes sense. The problem is too often just like with movies about Christ they forget the humanity and focus only on the divinity. You need to show both and then it can succeed

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Most interesting story go go for Superman is Injustice arc. But that's only possible after they put in solid continuity in casting and JL characters to have this as the arc, an anti hero demigod overlord tyrant story for Superman, who completely loses it and murders Joker for killing Lois (and nuclear bombing 11m metropolis) and his unborn child. For them to dare to do this story, you need an epic Joker and a solid fleshed JL cast. Batman is super important in this arc, so they would need to stop changing actor every couple of years.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Most interesting story go go for Superman is Injustice arc. But that's only possible after they put in solid continuity in casting and JL characters to have this as the arc, an anti hero demigod overlord tyrant story for Superman, who completely loses it and murders Joker for killing Lois (and nuclear bombing 11m metropolis) and his unborn child. For them to dare to do this story, you need an epic Joker and a solid fleshed JL cast. Batman is super important in this arc, so they would need to stop changing actor every couple of years.

You just nailed it. Not so much the plot line that you thought of, but the fact that a Batman villain crosses over into the Superman universe. Something that simply doesn't happen in the DC Movie Universe.

Maybe the end credits for Justice League could show some hope with Lex Luthor and Deathstroke meeting on the yacht, but we will see.

OP
Elvin

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
  • Thread Starter #26,795
    They will do limited TV series for Falcon and Bucky, Black widow (how?) And Hawkeye, and Wanda and Vision (latter also how, is dead). That's 3 separate series of avenger characters.

Now they're just over-milking it.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005

I think it’s going to be some prequel stuff. Also no one will really watch that stuff since it’s going to be on the Disney app only. With all the Star Wars series.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Disney app? Fuck that then. I need the streaming services to get less, not more. I already pay for 3 or 4 lol.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
    Aug 27, 2008
    Disney app? Fuck that then. I need the streaming services to get less, not more. I already pay for 3 or 4 lol.

Disney, with the Fox acquisition in particular, will have a crazy large catalogue of popular content. They also own 100% of Hulu iirc. Add ESPN to that and they have a pretty compelling service.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 83)