Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (107 Viewers)

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Doing a Dule classic:

The Best of Youth - Life is a mess
La Notte - Life is a mess
Yi Yi - Life is a mess
Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter... and Spring - Life is a mess

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
First Class and Days From Future Past were pretty good, whereas Apocalypse was embarrassing

Hopefully it's going to be more like the formers

PS: I can't get used to Sansa playing Jean Grey
Agreed. First Class is probably my fav one.

I also liked X Men (2000), X2 (2002) and to a lesser extent The Last Stand.

Will be XMen be good?
I think it's gonna suck and I think it's gonna be the worst one. I don't like the trailer. Btw I read the comic which this movie is based on and trailer seems rather dumb. My guess is that they won't stick strickly to the comic, they will roam around, and it's gonna suck. Also, Sansa? What a horrible choice. I don't even mind her in GoT but this role is just so, so bad for her.

As for Swamp Thing it's a gem coming from Alan's Moore comic. That guy is literally insane and almost everything he ever touched became gold. I have such huge expectations from it that watching this trailer almost made me cry. Almost made me cry how bad it looks. Hopefully it's just a wrong first impression. Comic also has philosophical stand point and is well grounded. It seems they will just to detective thing here.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Agreed. First Class is probably my fav one.

I also liked X Men (2000), X2 (2002) and to a lesser extent The Last Stand.

I think it's gonna suck and I think it's gonna be the worst one. I don't like the trailer. Btw I read the comic which this movie is based on and trailer seems rather dumb. My guess is that they won't stick strickly to the comic, they will roam around, and it's gonna suck. Also, Sansa? What a horrible choice. I don't even mind her in GoT but this role is just so, so bad for her.

As for Swamp Thing it's a gem coming from Alan's Moore comic. That guy is literally insane and almost everything he ever touched became gold. I have such huge expectations from it that watching this trailer almost made me cry. Almost made me cry how bad it looks. Hopefully it's just a wrong first impression. Comic also has philosophical stand point and is well grounded. It seems they will just to detective thing here.
X-men 2 was pretty good too. It's been too long since I watched X-men (2000), I don't remember that much

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Life is a mess but that's not a Dule classic :mad:

I didn't like Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter... and Spring .
It was a decent Dule classic. :D

I thought Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter... and Spring was a great idea and well executed. The third act is a bit weaker than the rest, but still, it's a great film.

The Best of Youth - It's six hours long and a pretty straightforward narrative, but after watching it, you feel like you lived a whole life with the main characters - in the best way possible. I have thought about it a lot after watching it.
La Notte - One of the better Antonionis and definitely worth watching, but he's never going to be one of my favorite directors.
Yi Yi - Reminiscent of Ozu. About the everyday life of an average family - and about the need to accept the messiness of life. Very good, but requires lots of patience.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Agreed it sucked. Lately marvel has shit the bed. I am pro DC as it is so I hope they start ramping it up. Matt reeves The Batman sounds so promising
The problem is that all the DC movies that I have seen have sucked with the exception of Wonder Woman. I haven't seen Shazam yet.

- - - Updated - - -

And then of course you have the Joker origin movie, but I highly doubt that is going to be tied into the DC Universe in any way.

- - - Updated - - -

Because quite frankly, Joaquin Phoenix is far too good to be lumped into that train wreck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 105)