Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (30 Viewers)

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
@Völler my dad wanted to watch some movie. I asked what does he want and he said Tarkovsky :D He watched tons of movies throughout his life and it's generally what made me love movies as a kid. We watched a couple of movies every week. Back then I couldn't even read :lol2: but he does have a good taste (most of the time). Even without looking at the Internet he says what's good/bad and it's usually on point. He watched tons of stuff but rarely anything artistic or Tarkovsky-like. I was always afraid of suggesting such movies as I thought he'd stop watching. We have some good TV show and that's where he heard about Tarkovsky (as they talked a lot about him and his creation). And by the way, on one of those episodes, I watched when a guest came and it was a kid who was in Ivan's Childhood so he talked about the movie, casting and Tarkovsky himself.
So you only just discovered that your father likes Tarkovsky films? :D And instead of discovering Tarkovsky through him, you did it here, and now you both found out that you like the same films? Am I getting this right? If so, that's pretty funny. :D

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
So you only just discovered that your father likes Tarkovsky films? :D And instead of discovering Tarkovsky through him, you did it here, and now you both found out that you like the same films? Am I getting this right? If so, that's pretty funny. :D
We (almost) always liked the same movies. It's nothing new discovered. But it's just that he wanted to give Tarkovsky a shot and I was skeptic about it. He ended up really liking Stalker the other day. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 23)