Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (102 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I've heard Vincent Cassel is great in it, but the film itself isn't all that special. Cassel is a great actor, one of my current favourites but he seems to have a penchant for choosing to act in middling films.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
So I downloaded but managed to not watch Gangs of Wasseypur for a couple years now. I changed the finally watching part this weekend.

Holy crap, what an awesome, epic movie.

Only to discover that 2 and a half hours into it, it ends with a cliffhanger for the second two-and-a-half hours I now need to download. :shocked:

Sardar Khan is so badass....

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Anyone see The Martian? God it was cheesy. Cringeworthy amount of cheese. Matt Damon was especially annoying.

But there were some very, very funny bits (probably not intended to be funny) which had me in tears of laughter.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Anyone see The Martian? God it was cheesy. Cringeworthy amount of cheese. Matt Damon was especially annoying.

But there were some very, very funny bits (probably not intended to be funny) which had me in tears of laughter.
I don't remember it being too funny but it was cheesy, in the same way Armageddon is, with the addition of nerd 'humour'.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I don't remember it being too funny but it was cheesy, in the same way Armageddon is, with the addition of nerd 'humour'.
People hate on Armaggedon, but that movie has everything that type of movie is supposed to have. Including, apparently, the single worst idea on how to prevent a meteorite impact.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
People hate on Armaggedon, but that movie has everything that type of movie is supposed to have. Including, apparently, the single worst idea on how to prevent a meteorite impact.
I read a time ago that it was massively rushed and just thrown together. TBH I enjoy those type of movies, but they are pretty trash.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I read a time ago that it was massively rushed and just thrown together. TBH I enjoy those type of movies, but they are pretty trash.
Of course it's trash. But it's supposed to be. It's like criticising a romcom for being easy and predictable.

Btw I just saw the breakup last week. Awful movie, of course, but the ending was awesome. They actually broke up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 98)