Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (37 Viewers)

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
I'm gonna do a Dule classic:

Southpaw - Formulaic, but well made. Enjoyable, but nothing more.
Höstsonaten (Autumn Sonata) - Bergman isn't actually covering new ground here, but it's still hard-hitting as hell. Great.
Jag är Ingrid (Ingrid Bergman in Her Own Words) - Interesting portrait, but perhaps a bit too superficial despite access to journals and private recordings.
Draft Day - Predictable, mediocre clichéfest. If you're interested in football, it's watchable though.
Inside Out - Pixar's best since Up. It's original and sparking with energy. Impossible not to love.
Krigen (A War) - Not Tobias Lindholm's (R, A Hijacking) best. A bit too ordinary and the part in Afghanistan and the part in Denmark could have been meshed together better. Still a good film though.
Sommeren '92 (Denmark 92) - A movie about Denmark winning the European Championship in football in '92. It's clumsy, but decent.
Im Labyrinth des Schweigens (Labyrinth of Lies) - In terms of style, it sadly reminded me of a polished mainstream Hollywood movie. The subject matter, however, is interesting as hell. Definitely recommendable.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Lots of interesting movies are premiering these days at the film festivals in Venice and Telluride.

Everest, Black Mass, The Danish Girl, Steve Jobs, Beasts of No Nation, Suffragette and Spotlight are all getting something between fairly good to great reviews.

Charlie Kaufman and Duke Johnson's stop-motion film Anomalisa sounds like the most interesting one though. At least this review sounds very promising: "With the animated tale of a motivational speaker struggling to cope with his isolation in the universe, the Telluride film festival has screened a future classic".
http://www.theguardian.com/film/201...charlie-kaufmans-superb-stop-motion-breakdown

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Lots of interesting movies are premiering these days at the film festivals in Venice and Telluride.

Everest, Black Mass, The Danish Girl, Steve Jobs, Beasts of No Nation, Suffragette and Spotlight are all getting something between fairly good to great reviews.

Charlie Kaufman and Duke Johnson's stop-motion film Anomalisa sounds like the most interesting one though. At least this review sounds very promising: "With the animated tale of a motivational speaker struggling to cope with his isolation in the universe, the Telluride film festival has screened a future classic".
http://www.theguardian.com/film/201...charlie-kaufmans-superb-stop-motion-breakdown
Can't wait to see Everest, Gylenhall is the man.

On a different note, what's your favourite movie soundtrack?

I could listen to this all day

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Can't wait to see Everest, Gylenhall is the man.

On a different note, what's your favourite movie soundtrack?

I could listen to this all day

My favorite soundtrack? Ugh, that's a tough one. :D Probably something Morricone. Cinema Paradiso, Once Upon a Time in America or The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, probably. Depending on the mood. :D

I liked the Interstellar soundtrack a lot too. Thought it was refreshing compared to what Zimmer has done lately (I prefer some of his earlier stuff like The Thin Red Line and The Lion King). Though, I must say that the best Interstellar track, Stay, is a borderline rip-off of this:

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Damn, I can hear it too :D

Love the movie, must have watched it 5 times since it came out. ''Make him stay Murph'', get's me every time

Gonna have to give the Thin Red Line a re-watch. That bit with the melting flesh on that one guy's legs was horrific.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Damn, I can hear it too :D

Love the movie, must have watched it 5 times since it came out. ''Make him stay Murph'', get's me every time

Gonna have to give the Thin Red Line a re-watch. That bit with the melting flesh on that one guy's legs was horrific.
I liked The Thin Red Line a lot more the second time, but I guess it depends on if you like Malick or not. I understand why some find his movies to be too sentimental.

In any case, Journey to the Line is an incredible track that just keeps building.

Time from Inception and Solomon from 12 Years a Slave are basically other renditions of this track. :D

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Iggy & Black Flag :mark:
I liked The Thin Red Line a lot more the second time, but I guess it depends on if you like Malick or not. I understand why some find his movies to be too sentimental.

In any case, Journey to the Line is an incredible track that just keeps building.

Time from Inception and Solomon from 12 Years a Slave are basically other renditions of this track. :D
This is the shit

Hans is the master :delpiero:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

Fuck yes.:tuttosport:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)