Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (86 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I finally saw Mr. Turner over the last couple of nights. Liked it, in an odd way. Real crotchety dude, well acted. Saw this after attending an art exhibit in SF of works from the last 15 years of his life -- some of which I quite like. (They had Snow Storm, but not Slave Ship, in the exhibit -- but I'd still take it.)

Definitely more of a mood movie.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
If someone suggest to watch Get Hard with you, I suggest you slap the melanin off their skin.

Man what an awful awful comedy. It's late just before sleeping and you figure well it should be OK, but no its not. So friggin bad. Kevin Hart is alright (tho not funny in this one) in general for me, but man is Will Ferrell beyond terrible. Like seriously horribly unfunny.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He's better at scoring with hot chicks while trying to look as homeless as possible.
So true. I truly think he is trying to challenge how much of gold digging hoes they are (or just troll media) , someone who is/was known for his boyish handsome looks trying to look more like an old Jack Nickolson will Amish beard just doesn't make sense otherwise.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
So true. I truly think he is trying to challenge how much of gold digging hoes they are (or just troll media) , someone who is/was known for his boyish handsome looks trying to look more like an old Jack Nickolson will Amish beard just doesn't make sense otherwise.
Or maybe he's just preparing for a role...

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
That's possible, but he has looked what I describe for few years.
Let's do this Access Hollywood style. They made an enlightening article called The Evolution of Leonardo DiCaprio's Beard.

We first see the Amish beard mid 2014, and The Revenant was shooting in October:

Principal photography began in October 2014 and was originally scheduled to end in March 2015,[25][26] though González Iñarritu stated that production would last "until the end of April or May"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Revenant_(2015_film)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Amish beard bit is a good point for a role, but generally my sis reads these TMZ/access hollywood stuff, and its very noticeable how bloated and sleaze hobo appearance he seems to go for.

- - - Updated - - -

Trailer to Alejandro González Iñárritu's The Revenant with Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hardy.

Looks pretty spectacular.

- - - Updated - - -

Lubezki is just the best in the business. Hands down.
Holy shit it looks epically amazing. Cant wait to see this.

Also one of the youtube comments made me lol hard:

"Much like my sexual encounters. Lots of heavy breathing intertwined with people screaming and getting shot"

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
Just saw Ex Machina , great movie

Isaac's character didn't choose his participant so well after all , can't believe that forever alone fucker let AI freaking kill him . Also I really like the revelation of him not being an AI . Suspected that halfway through the movie and when he cut his hand I was excpecting him to be like the terminator , but this way was even better .

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
If someone suggest to watch Get Hard with you, I suggest you slap the melanin off their skin.

Man what an awful awful comedy. It's late just before sleeping and you figure well it should be OK, but no its not. So friggin bad. Kevin Hart is alright (tho not funny in this one) in general for me, but man is Will Ferrell beyond terrible. Like seriously horribly unfunny.
I have never found Ferrell to be funny . The scene where he had to give a blowjob to the guy was plainly idiotic .

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Just saw Ex Machina , great movie

Isaac's character didn't choose his participant so well after all , can't believe that forever alone fucker let AI freaking kill him . Also I really like the revelation of him not being an AI . Suspected that halfway through the movie and when he cut his hand I was excpecting him to be like the terminator , but this way was even better .
Agreed. That's what I thought would happen too. :agree:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 79)