Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (86 Viewers)

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
That was a snoozfest, even though it was highly acclaimed by the critics. Gary Oldman is such a boring actor.
Gary Oldman is usually good but in this movie he was a sleeping pill. The entire movie was a big fail anyway.
I really liked Tinker, Tailor.. Great movie imo.
Somewhere in between for me. Definitely not a snoozefest, but just not a great movie either. I thought the director's previous movie (Let The Right One In) was easily one of the 5 or 10 best movies I've seen the past few years, so this one turned out to be a bit disappointing.

Mean Streets

Pathetic does not even begin to define it. One of the worst movies i have ever seen. How this movie is called a classic is beyond me.
Really hasn't aged well. Wouldn't call it pathetic, but it's not a classic for me either.

La Piel Que Habito - Looks like I'm still not a big Almodovar fan. Decent film, but it all feels so fake, the acting tends too be hammy at times & there's just too much melodrama.

L'Ivresse du Pouvoir - Pretty boring after a promising start. A few plot holes along the way as well.

The Thing - The 80ies one. I've now seen & liked all three versions. Surprisingly enough.

Kate

Feb 7, 2011
Hmm, what have I watched.

The Amityville Horror is rubbish, but I do like the bit with the pig with flaming eyes.
Carrie was good, but man you couldn't get away with showing teenage bush these days.
Captain Phillips was excellent.
The Lone Ranger was...bizarre.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Why is the lone ranger 2 and half hours long? Movie night with friends earlier this week, and this was the last film, I just wen home instead when I saw it has the length of an epic drama when it should be a popcorn movie.

Kate

Feb 7, 2011
Why is the lone ranger 2 and half hours long? Movie night with friends earlier this week, and this was the last film, I just wen home instead when I saw it has the length of an epic drama when it should be a popcorn movie.
There was so much in it that wasn't needed. It was one of those movies that really just left you feeling confused as to whether it was enjoyable or not.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
I think I just saw the movie of the year here the other day. It's called La Grande Bellezza (aka The Great Beauty). It perfectly manages to capture everything wrong with Italy and the modern day life, but without being lecturing. It's clever as hell and has quite a few jaw-dropping moments. Go see it!

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
The East. Cool spy thriller.

- - - Updated - - -

Gore Verbinski. Nothing more to say.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 81)