Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (124 Viewers)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I told you so. :D

- - - Updated - - -

Wow... Nothing about it justifies the word average. I don't know where you got that propaganda from. ;) Except some stupid Americans that think it is propaganda, most people understand where it is going, and what the message is.
It's definitely not pro-torture like John McCain thinks.:agree:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Silver lining playbooks was amazing indeed.

And I watched zero dark thirty tonight, it was quite good, not average or propoganda at all (the opposite, this movie barely puts a human face to this sensitive plot, we dont get to know any character really), just all around good spy chronicle,not too exciting (or charm), more like super clinical study of a decade long hunt, almost like a documentary (which isnt a plus exactly, but I wasnt expecting much, if you want to watch a film that "moves" you in any way, this aint it). The one thing that stands out about is the depiction of the seal team, even if they are in just at the end part of the movie, its easily one of the best and well worked depictions I seen, made me forget I was watching a movie at that part.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

And I watched zero dark thirty tonight, it was quite good, not average or propoganda at all (the opposite, this movie barely puts a human face to this sensitive plot), just all around good spy chronicle,not too exciting (or charm), more like super clinical study of a decade long hunt, almost like a documentary (which isnt a plus exactly, but I wasnt expecting much). The one thing that stands out about is the depiction of the seal team, even if they are in just at the end part of the movie, its easily one of the best and well worked depictions I seen, made me forget I was watching a movie at that part.
Chris Pratt of Parks and Rec comes out of nowhere and delivers a great performance.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yep, he was stand out, I overally liked the whole setting of the Seal team alot, very professional and authentic. Besides them, only character I would bother to remember or want to see more of is the initial CIA guy at the beginning, her "mentor" Dan, the interrogator, I realize he was just a set up for her, but movie would have been better if we had gotten to see more of him and how he works (even if yeah we dont want a whole movie of torturing/breaking down terrorists lol). Rest of the characters were fairly blank and uninteresting, her included. Kinda feel sorry for the main actress, interesting project to be involved in, but not much of any fleshed out and written character to work with.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Yep, he was stand out, I overally liked the whole setting of the Seal team alot, very professional and authentic. Besides them, only character I would bother to remember or want to see more of is the initial CIA guy at the beginning, her "mentor" Dan, the interrogator, I realize he was just a set up for her, but movie would have been better if we had gotten to see more of him and how he works (even if yeah we dont want a whole movie of torturing/breaking down terrorists lol). Rest of the characters were fairly blank and uninteresting, her included. Kinda feel sorry for the main actress, interesting project to be involved in, but not much of any fleshed out and written character to work with.
I kind of enjoyed how the entire film was really just a means to an end. Culminating with the Seal mission, which was very, very detailed. I think it takes up more than 30 minutes of screen time.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yep, as I said best way to describe the film was clinical, I liked its lack of emotions to a point (clouds things, leads to propoganda in part), but movie defenitely could used some more skins and bones. The whole search felt too sterile for most of the movie, and its a really long movie (2 hours and 40 mins) to sit through just trucking on without any fuss or ruckus most of it, but yeah those 30 mins at the end truly felt like you were watching the real thing.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest - brilliant, gotta watch more classics. When I get free time again, gonna follow it up with Elephant Man, that one has also been recomended lot's of times to me.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011

And I watched zero dark thirty tonight, it was quite good, not average or propoganda at all (the opposite, this movie barely puts a human face to this sensitive plot, we dont get to know any character really), just all around good spy chronicle,not too exciting (or charm), more like super clinical study of a decade long hunt, almost like a documentary (which isnt a plus exactly, but I wasnt expecting much, if you want to watch a film that "moves" you in any way, this aint it). The one thing that stands out about is the depiction of the seal team, even if they are in just at the end part of the movie, its easily one of the best and well worked depictions I seen, made me forget I was watching a movie at that part.
Why can't it be propaganda without whoring out emotions? I couldn't help but smile since the entire mission at the end is carried out in 1:1 how the administration explained it. Still can't wrap my head around why they threw him in the ocean - so I'll stay here with my tinfoil hat on and let you guys enjoy the movie :p

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
I saw Silver Linings Playbook yesterday as well. It is well made and the acting is brilliant. It was touching from time to time and funny a few times as well. It had a lot of potential basically. The characters were also interesting and constructed well. Just a shame that the movie decided to turn into basically every bad Hollywood movie ever. It slowly became more and more predictable and boring until it turned into one big cliché.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 116)