Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (106 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Saw Cowboys and Aliens and Rise of the planet of the apes, I enjoyed the latter more for sure, found Caesar and how he evolved and reacted to and lead rest of the chimps quite intriguing. The former was decent light entertainment though.

If you guys are into intense Korean movies, check out 'The Chaser' too, it's a pretty decent watch.
Watched tons of korean movies (00's been excellent age for korean flicks) and heard about the chaser, recall couldnt get hold of it last year then forgot about it. Any other korean flicks you would recommend?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Just saw In Time. Cool story, could have been done better. Amanda Seyfried was ridiculously hot that it made me lose track of what was going on in the movie sometimes.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Just watched X Men: First Class. I liked it better than the first three. Mostly because it's not so serious. McAvoy and Fassbender are great in their roles. Will be interesting to see if this is the beginning of some sort of re-boot.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
It defenitely must be, as you said easily better then previous ones (main cast), and plus the angle of mutans imerging in the 60s has good potential.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Saw Cowboys and Aliens and Rise of the planet of the apes, I enjoyed the latter more for sure, found Caesar and how he evolved and reacted to and lead rest of the chimps quite intriguing. The former was decent light entertainment though.
I found the ending for the later VERY disappointing. I mean this being the sequel and with that much room in the plot....

And the ending was about the apes going, well, ape shit, in the woods :sergio:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Just finished watching Thor. Thought it was one of the most solid Marvel movies to come out this summer. Behind X-Men, but better than Captain America. I love the Hawk-Eye cameo and Brannaugh made it like Hamlet in space.

The narrative however was a bit simple and short which didn't the lend the director much to work with.

Jun 7, 2003
Just finished watching Thor. Thought it was one of the most solid Marvel movies to come out this summer. Behind X-Men, but better than Captain America. I love the Hawk-Eye cameo and Brannaugh made it like Hamlet in space.

The narrative however was a bit simple and short which didn't the lend the director much to work with.
iron man was the highlight from marvel. thor was not bad but its a pity that they dont give the film more soul, they do it just to make money. the worst comic film was the punisher with tomas jane i wanted to cry after the film seriously i love the punisher and they destroyed everything about the punisher. the second one was killa punisher: war zone a woman directed the movie and its the punisher i wanted to see.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Sulligol, have you read the max punisher comics, by Garth Ennis? (pretty much the gritty insanely raw punisher, not campy one) Sounds like you have, because indeed the warzone punisher was like a true punisher movie, not the campy nonsense one of the first.

And what do you have against McAvoy? He was pretty good as young Xavier. And yeah Thor story was STRICTLY introduction basic story, in that sense it was too simple, but it was pretty good adaption, if it had a sequel it would grow more. But if we will see more in Avengers movie. But yes Iron Man gotta be the best marvel movie.

JBF, I didnt have a problem with the ending, because firstly I dont see this as a sequel at all but as a stand alone movie with similar theme, and secondly I prefered this angle more then previous ones. And the apes were fighting to go to their natural habitat and just be themselves, instead of Caesar going back to being his pet, a beloved pet, but one nontheless.

Jun 7, 2003
Sulligol, have you read the max punisher comics, by Garth Ennis? (pretty much the gritty insanely raw punisher, not campy one) Sounds like you have, because indeed the warzone punisher was like a true punisher movie, not the campy nonsense one of the first.

And what do you have against McAvoy? He was pretty good as young Xavier. And yeah Thor story was STRICTLY introduction basic story, in that sense it was too simple, but it was pretty good adaption, if it had a sequel it would grow more. But if we will see more in Avengers movie. But yes Iron Man gotta be the best marvel movie.
yeah back then i read all the comics from the punisher and was extremly dissepointed but punisher war zone was the film i hoped for.

i dont know about james mcavoy i saw him the first time with forest whitaker in the king from scotland or whatever the name was. i didnt like his role and the next film i saw from him was "wanted" also a film which i didnt like. somehow i cant stand him. xmen first class is from matthew vaughn im a fan of his, so the presence of mcavoy didnt stop me from visiting the cinema.

Conan the Barbarian :lol: :lol:
best film ever haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 102)