Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (42 Viewers)

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
The holdovers was boring. The fact this was a comedy, nominated for many Oscars and was one of the most highly rated movies of the year shows how bad Hollywood is right now.

Edit: it's not a bad movie. It's good but 10+ years ago this would of been seen as very average. Same can be said for so many of the 'big' movies from the last couple of years.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Road House.

Just like the original... It's so bad it's good. Awful acting, terrible soundtrack, cheesy dialogue, far fetched script. Everything to remind us of some of the cult classics from the 80s.

I just wish they went more over the top with the comedy and cheese.

Springyouth

Sep 7, 2023
Road House.

Just like the original... It's so bad it's good. Awful acting, terrible soundtrack, cheesy dialogue, far fetched script. Everything to remind us of some of the cult classics from the 80s.

I just wish they went more over the top with the comedy and cheese.
It can not be as good as McGregor tweaking in front of the camera while holding onto his dear life during a MASSIVE comedown:

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
It's not done, they making a 3rd movie.

Unless you mean dune as in first book should been 3 movies, then I agree. The 3rd movie will cover the 2nd book Dune messiah.
Yes.

I've heard that he only wanted to make 2 more movies, so I guess he'll stop after Messiah. I've never read the books but I've read online that Children of Dune is pretty crucial too. I guess we'll see where he actually stops.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
The holdovers was boring. The fact this was a comedy, nominated for many Oscars and was one of the most highly rated movies of the year shows how bad Hollywood is right now.

Edit: it's not a bad movie. It's good but 10+ years ago this would of been seen as very average. Same can be said for so many of the 'big' movies from the last couple of years.
I actually really enjoyed that movie.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
It's not done, they making a 3rd movie.

Unless you mean dune as in first book should been 3 movies, then I agree. The 3rd movie will cover the 2nd book Dune messiah.
Not sure how they plan to do that. Second book is quite political, dialog heavy. But then again, not that many scenes to cover 2.5h imo, considering it's a thin book. Seems to me that it's gonna cover 2nd book and at least first half of the third one.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Man to be honest it was tragic enough, didn't need the cut out brother also
But it's a true story. I'd understand if it was fiction but it actually happened.

It's also even more ironic as he was also over looked and left out in life and that was one of the main reasonz for his tragic end.

Disrespectful to his memory imo and a shame he was over looked.

Jun 7, 2003
But it's a true story. I'd understand if it was fiction but it actually happened.

It's also even more ironic as he was also over looked and left out in life and that was one of the main reasonz for his tragic end.

Disrespectful to his memory imo and a shame he was over looked.
I guess they needed to make it realistic, with him also with that kind of tragedy movie would have become unbelievable...

Jun 16, 2020
Not a movie guy by any means, but I found this movie on YT this week and decided to watch it, I thought it would be cool since it’s an Italian ‘60s movie. I don’t regret watching it was quite fun. I’m sure that I will remember more about this movie compared to a random Netflix action movie.

Somehow toward the end it made me remember my youth where my grandparents would watch old movies on VHS, I never bothered a second watching it back then, I went full circle watching a comparable movie myself now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 36)