Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (78 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Where and how do you discover all those films? I mean they're known but I'm speaking if you want to discover something

- - - Updated - - -

@Post Ironic The question applies to you too
I find them by search the biggest names in Europe when it comes to directing. So it's usually big names from France, Poland, Germany, Russia etc. It's usually underground movies which are rated high(er) among critics. Then, if not that, I try to find interesting names from movie festivals.

I'm usually logged into IMDB so when I run into something I put on a watch-list so I don't forget about it.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Where and how do you discover all those films? I mean they're known but I'm speaking if you want to discover something

- - - Updated - - -

@Post Ironic The question applies to you too
I check out a couple dozen films at the local international film festivals each year. The main theatre that hosts the Vancouver International Film Festival is a year-round festival theatre as well for various country specific film festivals (Iran, Italy, Latin America in the last 12 months) and various other films. And then there’s a local cinematheque that mostly plays old/arthouse cinema from around the world and does retrospectives of great directors.

I also use MUBI which introduces to me some interesting directors I’d never have heard of otherwise. And then I keep an eye on the line-ups for Berlin, Cannes, Karlovy Vary, and Venice film festivals and check the reviews to see what’s worth watching.

In other words, I waste a lot of time on film. :lol2:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 75)