Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (27 Viewers)

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
It is MUCH worse. I actually didn't hate TFA and cos it had its strengths. Yea it was stupid at times and the script was unoriginal and Mary Sue beating a Sith out of nowhere was just LOL but you got a solid straight forward action adventure with some cool sequences. And TFA didn't shit all over the SW legacy

This one is however had me shaking in rage for two and a half hours

Your mileage may vary
So much wrong in TFA, not even a Star Wars movie, it felt like a fan fiction parody of a 12 years old. It would take me a long time listing all the things wrong with it.

Btw saw this on IMDB, this is actually similar to what you think of episode 8 :lol:

Disney is the Death Star

Oh my, where do I begin. I am a huge fan of the Star Wars universe and always enjoyed the movies and the games out there.

But this.. this thing is unbearable. The movie is not even about what Star Wars could have been. It is plain and simple bad. It's not slightly bad, it's atrocious.

The dialogue is at best corny and the story is a melange of old series mixed with pathological cases of dysfunctional families. Remember the 80's would be awed hearing that perfect line "I am your father" nowadays? Gone! Not the line but the feeling, those discoveries that made the series great, the implications.

It is not even a children movie. I could not understand what they were aiming at. The plot is sketchy and hard to follow not because of complexity but because of huge holes and complete lack of storyline. The movie could have been shot in 10 minutes in a single room with plenty of time for actors to deliver the useless one-liners.

Kudos to special effects team. They had nothing to work with but at least the ship battle action scenes were dynamic and enjoyable (even though utterly implausible).

I am so disappointed in this. So disappointed..

Buy on AliExpress.com

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
So much wrong in TFA, not even a Star Wars movie, it felt like a fan fiction parody of a 12 years old. It would take me a long time listing all the things wrong with it.

Btw saw this on IMDB, this is actually similar to what you think of episode 8 :lol:
Guy who wrote that TFA review has thrown himself under the first bus after watching TLJ, I guarantee. Also the way the plot moves the characters instead of the other way around drives me crazy. And those endless quips just won't end. Quips from General Hux, Kylo, Rey, Finn, Luke every 5 seconds quips quips quips everybody laughs HOO HOO HOO HAHAHA LOOK AND THE FUNNE CUTE PENGUINS ISNT THAT MOVIE GREAT FOR KIDS BRING YOUR KIDS ONE MORE TIME.

I don't accept Marvel Wars as SW canon. Fuck that

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Watched a movie called Wind River, was utterly fantastic suprise :tup: Would recommend it @Post Ironic @Enron @swag

Nice Cormac McCarthy type of story, somber, gloomy open nature and genuinely broken people. Never seen Jeremy Renner this good, dude had gravitas, you could feel his vulnerability and strenght at the same time.

Kinda reminded me of Hell or high water in its western like tone of bleak desperation (except this is better). And no wonder, the screen writer for that movie ( and sicario, similar sudden brutality) is the debuting director for wind river.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Watched a movie called Wind River, was utterly fantastic suprise :tup: Would recommend it @Post Ironic @Enron @swag

Nice Cormac McCarthy type of story, somber, gloomy open nature and genuinely broken people. Never seen Jeremy Renner this good, dude had gravitas, you could feel his vulnerability and strenght at the same time.

Kinda reminded me of Hell or high water in its western like tone of bleak desperation (except this is better). And no wonder, the screen writer for that movie ( and sicario, similar sudden brutality) is the debuting director for wind river.

:tup:

Cormac McCarthy-esque is a perfect way to describe it. I had no idea Renner had that sort of emotional depth to his acting. Impressive. Elizabeth Olsen had kind of fallen off my radar since her brilliant performance in Martha Marcy May Marlene several years ago, but this was a very impressive performance by her as well.

Best movies I have seen over the last couple months are:

The Shape of Water ~ Guillermo Del Toro
Loveless ~ Andrey Zvyagintsev
On Body and Soul ~ Ildiko Enyedi
Wind River ~ Taylor Sheridan
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri ~ Martin McDonagh
Bad Day for the Cut ~ Chris Baugh
The Killing of a Sacred Deer ~ Yorgos Lanthimos
Directions ~ Stephan Komandarev
Lucky ~ John Carroll Lynch
Thelma ~ Joachim Trier
Scary Mother ~ Ana Urushadze
The Other Side of Hope ~ Aki Kaurismaki

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I did very much enjoyed the new Star Wars, but

the flying Leia (really going to miss her *sigh*) in space part REALLY took me out of it. It was so odd looking and out of nowhere. I get she's force sensitive, but it was just so odd looking. I'm upset Luke died too, though I fully expect (and really hope) that Hamill will be involved in 9 in some way. Also, since when can force ghosts interact with the physical world? They can just call down lightening now?

Was a bit of work to keep track of everything. Also, did anyone else notice

before Luke died when he looked into the sun, it showed something in the center of it, does anyone know what that was? It looked like a ship or something.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008

Wind River was indeed :tup: I didn't know Renner could act :D

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
just rewatched the movie 'Enemy'. I first saw in theaters and left feeling confused.

Very underrated movie IMO, the less you know about in going in the better but would definitely recommend. Real mind bending the kind of movie you have to google after watching

OP
Elvin

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
  • Thread Starter #25,700
    That part where Guillermo bumpfires a beretta with his finger. Not sure how possible that is, but still badass for a movie
    Something never seen before. Badass indeed :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

Guys, do not watch Flatliners. Dumbest movie of all time :sergio:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)