Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (298 Viewers)

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Finally finished watching The Hobbit Trilogy in a marathon, watched the 3 movies in 2 days. And while the last one wasn't that good it was clearly much better than The Desolation of Smaug, which is imo the worst Middle-Earth movie by far.

For those of us who like fantasy movies, we don't get many of those D&D style so we kind of appreciate anything better than the average shit but reading the book twice, i honestly expected more from Peter Jackson when he had a bigger budget than LOTR.

It's like he spent it all on that horrible over the top CGI. Didn't like the build up and the choice of dialogues. Apart from the first one, which was okay, the other two were very forgettable and didn't do justice to the book.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Peter Jackson basically said "fuck you" to Tolkien to dumb it down and add Hollywood tripe for gormless audiences.

I've been going through some movies I never got around to watching in the last 10 or so years. The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas (dat ending...) and Downfall tied in together for a nice Nazi theme. Couldn't be more different, but both very good.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Niiice, gonna watch it tomorrow then.

But today is the day for Songs From The Second Floor @PostIronic :weee:

There's no way I'm gonna learn that fancy new name of yours btw

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Niiice, gonna watch it tomorrow then.

But today is the day for Songs From The Second Floor @PostIronic :weee:

There's no way I'm gonna learn that fancy new name of yours btw
Enjoy! :D

The name is from a character in Pynchon's epic novel Against the Day.

Kieselguhr (diatomaceous earth) was used in experiments as an absorbent to stabilize nitroglycerin in the 1860s by Alfred Nobel, and that's how dynamite was invented!

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Enjoy! :D

The name is from a character in Pynchon's epic novel Against the Day.

Kieselguhr (diatomaceous earth) was used in experiments as an absorbent to stabilize nitroglycerin in the 1860s by Alfred Nobel, and that's how dynamite was invented!

And Roy Anderson was once again a pretty unique experience :D
In comparison to A Pigeon Sat On A Branch Reflecting On Its Existence I mostly thought that it was much much more clear cut and straightforward with its general message. With APSOABROIE :)lol:) I'd argue that there are a lot of perspectives from which the movie as a whole could be analyzed, while here the criticism of modern capitalistic society is very straightforward. "Life is a market", the ones who regard life as more as work and business ideas are institutionalized and shut off from society, the economists sit around a table trying to read a crystal ball while spouting nonsenical analyses and begin to panic the very moment something occurs that doesn't fit in their limited view of the world. Oh, and of course the pointless sacrifice of youth and innocence in the hope of turning things around.

Looking forward to You, The Living now :D

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I loved it. Gritty, well written and its always nice seeing Gandolfini doing his thing.
:tup:

icemaη;4849718 said:
Just finished watching Nightcrawler. Jake Gyllenhaal was creepy as fuck. Nice, gritty movie overall.
Gyllenhaal was absolutely brilliant in it. Can't believe he wasn't nominated because that was just ho-lee-fuck.

I also liked the movie, pretty great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 296)