Mourinho Quits Chelsea! (5 Viewers)

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
Mourinho will go to Inter and we will sign Mancini, and we will win many many titles cos we will have the best coach in Europe.

lavenderguy

Feb 28, 2005
Maurinho will go to Barcelona(if FR still not performing well in the la liga) or Inter Milan. (since Mancini just look like a coach who cannot conquer Europe)
Portugal NT? very unlikely NOW, unless Scolari fails to bring Portugal NT into Euro2008, then maybe Maurinho would like to give it a try for the wc2010.
as for the Chelski team...I think Lippi is out of the picture. He has won the NT, so, i don;t think he would wanna risk his reputation since this chelski time is undergo transition time. .i think it would be Hiddink or Crapello..

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
This really is shocking news, Chelsea are sooo stupid to fire a coach at the beginning of the season. I don't see another coach that will handle all the big names and egos like Jose did, and he also did an excellent job of directing media attention at himself instead of the players.
Chelsea fans must be soooo pissed right now

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
God, Mourinho was born to coach Juve quite like Lippi was. But it just wont be right to pack off the good ol tinkerman. Till January anyway. Abramovich seems to want a puppet who'll do as he's told - and that's why I think Hiddink's the man for the job. I'm sure Chelsea will play some super attacking football, but I dont know how much they'll win with him at the helm. I see Mourinho go to Madrid or Juve, if the results of those two teams dont go as desired. Hiddink at Chelsea no doubt. Lippi wont want to contend with Abramovich's ego hassles. Capello, the greedy goblin that he is should not be ruled out however.

AbuGadanzieri

Jan 8, 2006
Deschamps leads Chelsea race Thursday 20 September, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Didier Deschamps is the favourite to take the Chelsea job after Jose Mourinho’s shock exit, but Fabio Capello and Marcello Lippi are also in contention.

The Portuguese tactician left Stamford Bridge by mutual consent just 24 hours after the Blues’ 1-1 draw with Norwegian minnows Rosenborg in the Champions League on Tuesday night.

The ex-Porto hero’s relationship with the club’s owner Roman Abramovich had been tempestuous in recent times with reports of a spat after a 2-0 defeat at Aston Villa.

Mourinho leaves with a glowing record on the Chelsea bench of 124 wins, 40 draws and just 21 defeats fom 185 games – including a 60-game unbeaten run in home Premier League fixtures.

Former Israel boss Avram Grant – who joined as director of football in the summer – will take over temporarily, but the search for a permanent replacement may lead Abramovich to Italy.

The early favourite for England’s most high-pressure job is ex-Juventus man Didier Deschamps. The French boss quit Juventus after securing promotion from Serie B last term and is currently unemployed.

Aside from leading Monaco to the Champions League Final – in which he was beaten by Mourinho’s Porto – Deschamps’s CV is less impressive than his fellow candidates.

However, the ex-midfielder played for Chelsea in their 1999-2000 campaign that saw them lift the FA Cup and is allegedly at the top of a shortlist to replace 'the Special One’.

Meanwhile, whispers in the peninsula suggest that contact will be made with ex-Juventus Coach Fabio Capello, who has made no secret of his desire to work in England.

Since being axed by Real Madrd despite delivering last term’s La Liga title, Capello has chosen to work as a TV pundit rather than re-enter the world of management and has reportedly turned down offers from American MLS sides.

However, the 61-year-old has been recently linked with the Tottenham post as he has arranged meetings in London to discuss his representation there.

Capello stated a month ago that it would take one of Europe’s great to lure him out of retirement and has admitted his dream is to lead Manchester United.

Italy’s World Cup winning Coach Marcello Lippi is also in the frame, but is seen as one of the outsiders despite his glittering past.

The Tuscan has also been linked with Tottenham during his Sabbatical, but has turned down all offers since the triumph in Germany.

Lippi is often ruled out of posts outside Italy because of his reported reluctance to learn another language at this stage in his career.

The next few weeks are set to see the rumour mill work overtime with the media already tracking the movements of Deschamps who has made no statement as yet.

What you think
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/sep20b.html
Please discuss

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
What a turn of the books this is, I did predict in my blog that Mourinho would not last the season though

The interesting thing is now, that so many manager would be quaking in thier boots for 2 reasons, first they would be thinking if Chelsea can get rid of Mourinho why would my chairman think twice about firing me

2) Those underperforming managers would be very aware that perhaps the best tactician of all is waiting in the wings to take their job

Unlike Capello, Mourinho is extremely marketable

Sep 19, 2006
Please don't call me arrogant, but I'm European champion and I think I'm a special one" - Mourinho introduces himself to the English press after arriving from Porto in summer 2004.

"It is omelettes and eggs. No eggs - no omelettes! It depends on the quality of the eggs. In the supermarket you have class one, two or class three eggs and some are more expensive than others and some give you better omelettes. So when the class one eggs are in Waitrose and you cannot go there, you have a problem" - Shorn of the likes of injury victims Frank Lampard, Michael Ballack, Ricardo Carvalho and Didier Drogba, Mourinho cooked up a surreal analogy ahead of Tuesday's fateful draw with Rosenborg.

"When I saw Rijkaard entering the referee's dressing room I couldn't believe it. When Drogba was sent off I didn't get surprised. There is something that tells me that in London the referee will be Collina, the best in the world. A perfect referee with personality and quality" - Mourinho claims in Portuguese newspaper Dez Record that Barcelona coach Frank Rijkaard visited referee Anders Frisk's dressing room at half-time in the first leg of the teams' Champions League last-16 clash in February 2005. Mourinho was banned from the dug-out for two matches and fined £9,000 by UEFA for bringing the game into disrepute over his claims.

soulslider

Rregula sound
May 16, 2006
Probably Hiddink, he coaches the Russian NT so surely Abramovitch will be able to make an arrangement for Hiddink.
Yeah I also think that Hiddink will end up Chelsea. Chelsea with Hiddink that would be sick , IMO he is a brilliant tactician better then Mourinho.

How great would it be if Deschamps took over Chelsea, and then won the Champions League. We would have such egg on our face that the people running this club should rather be shot to death. We need a new board no doubt.

Hire mother-fucking Mourinho.
:tup:

Bring him to Juve, NOW!!!
:agree:

Altough the chances to see him in Juve are less then none, our club is run by a bunch of idiots , i don't think they will use this great opportunity to bring him

OP
Red

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
  • Thread Starter #55
    I'll miss him, he always made the EPL more interesting

"It is omelettes and eggs. No eggs - no omelettes! It depends on the quality of the eggs. In the supermarket you have class one, two or class three eggs and some are more expensive than others and some give you better omelettes. So when the class one eggs are in Waitrose and you cannot go there, you have a problem" - Shorn of the likes of injury victims Frank Lampard, Michael Ballack, Ricardo Carvalho and Didier Drogba, Mourinho cooked up a surreal analogy ahead of Tuesday's fateful draw with Rosenborg.
    Couldn't help but think of Eric Cantona's 'Seagulls and Trawlers' quote when I saw this one the other day.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    How orgasmic will it be if we get the special one?

I will start thinking of real chances of winning the league THIS season.

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    if mourinho comes in this season then Ranieri would've went really bad and at this point this is not it. And if he does come in and does well then my opinion will really change.

Dont get me wrong,I have some respect for the man and i give him a lot of credit for his time at porto a little less for his time at Chelsea. To me he emulates capello so much in his style so he is a bit of modern day Don fabio.

But the epl has lost a big chunk of interest from my part with him gone, and i think there goes Chelsea's chance to win the league. Also its back now with the boring rows between Ferguson and Wenger instead of the interesting ones between the former two and mourinho.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)