Mourinho Quits Chelsea! (9 Viewers)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2175177,00.html

More Speculation of what really happened behind the scenes in CSKA Chel$ki
My boy my boy my oh my boy.

This is some very good read. Further evidence of how good Mourinho is as a manager.

I have always wondered how Mourinho would think either Alex or Ben Tal haim were good defenders now i realise it was not his choice.

I wonder how many more managers suffer for this nonsense when you have too many idiots at a club trying to rule the roost and forcing players on managers.

Buy on AliExpress.com

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
You would have to clarify that for me because I fail to see how you can say that because without being a great tactician you cannot consistently outwit the top managers like he has done in his short career.

He has a better head to head with almost every top manager that he has come up against so I don't know why you are syaing he is not a great tactician.

If he was was not a great tactician, how come Wenger could not beat him? It is not as if Chelsea bully Arsenal like Bolton and Blackburn do

How come Ferguson only beat him once?

Look at the FA cup final, Man United had all the momentum coming into the final but Chelsea had all the problems but with Mourinho's tactics he was able to triumph 1-0

How come he has been able to come from behind to salvage matches on countless occasions in both at home and Europe?

Why did his Porto team wallop Ericsson's lazio 4-0? Deschamps' Monaco 3-0?

Beat Irueta's Depor who had previously walloped Milan 4-0, home and away?

Tactics Tactics Tactics and even more tactics thats what.
Those are all fair and valid points but we have to remember that with Chelsea he had one system playing for two whole seasons with absolutely no flexibility what so ever.

Then last season when he had to change the tactics just one bit to accommodate the new players that were brought in, everyone saw how bad chelsea were.They had absolutely no structure or shape. They won games based only the talents of the players he had in his disposal. I know he had injuries to his wingers but even when they were back he stuck to that pathetic excuse of a diamond 442.

Its not only tactics cause look at the way he approached the away game at barca with all accusations that made that poor ref retire. And bring Collina to allow a goal that was clearly a foul.

Also although he beat Rafa time and again in the league, it was Benetiz who beat him when it mattered and thats twice in the CL semi finals, while having an inferior squad.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Those are all fair and valid points but we have to remember that with Chelsea he had one system playing for two whole seasons with absolutely no flexibility what so ever.

Then last season when he had to change the tactics just one bit to accommodate the new players that were brought in, everyone saw how bad chelsea were.They had absolutely no structure or shape. They won games based only the talents of the players he had in his disposal. I know he had injuries to his wingers but even when they were back he stuck to that pathetic excuse of a diamond 442.

Its not only tactics cause look at the way he approached the away game at barca with all accusations that made that poor ref retire. And bring Collina to allow a goal that was clearly a foul.

Also although he beat Rafa time and again in the league, it was Benetiz who beat him when it mattered and thats twice in the CL semi finals, while having an inferior squad.
I dont think a Liverpool fan woule be very happy with you when you say Cl matters more to them than the league. In fact they would go ape-shit for you even saying that.

The league is their bread and butter and they have won it 18 times more than anyother team, so it irks them that they have not won it for 17 years

How is Liverpool's squad inferior when all the players were signed by Rafa? You give him money and he would spend 7m on Crouch and the amounst he spent on Pellegrini, Kuyt, Gonzales, Agger, Josemi, Aurelio, Zenden etc?

Which wingers were back, Cole was not fit after being out for a long time, Sheva was forced upon him to play no matter how bad his form was. Read the article and see the amount of crap he had to put up with

Robben is never fit

He was upset with Frisk for sending off Drogba for no reason whatsoever when Chelsea were leaing at the Nou Camp

The Collina one, I don't know which game you are refering to but we are not talking about his character

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Now when I red those long posts above I must agree on some things and also disagree on some.

First Denco thank you on a huge statistic you brought but we all know that statistic can lie. Maybe Mourinho have a superior stats but he also had a superior team, he had at least two world class players on each position but still we must give him credit for that and way he controlled all superstars at the team. Unlike Ranieri he bought players he really needed and transfer listed ones he doesn't. For me that was one of the main reasons for his succes. One thing I can't agree with U is that you said that Mourinho made Asley Cole while it's obvius that Cole didn't reached his form from Arsenal, and SWP didn't made any impact on Chelsea till this season. However people are easily forgot what Mourinho made with Porto and their transfer budget, his job at Chelsea was underrated because of money he spent, but I'm pretty sure that many managers couldn't know how to spent that amount wisely (Chelsea did overpaid many players but I don't blame them cuz money was no problem for Abramovich and not to mention that Mourinho wasn't one who negotiated prices).

On the other hand Chelsea style of playing became boring and painfull to watch but it seems that was the price of winning. But also as Denco said Moruinho's team fought in all competitons till end unlike Liverpool who gave up on league before Januray and concetrated on CL only.

All in all Mourinho belong to top four manager in Engleand in this order: 1. Ferguson 2. Wenger 3. Mourinho 4. Benitez

Ferguson is first because of all he done in his 20yrs at Man Utd. Wenger is second cuz he was the only one who managed to compete with Man U and if he hadn't concetrated on developing youths Arsenal would have more secces (but it seems like his work is coming to pay off). Mourinho is third because all he had done in PL and even his statistic might be superior to Wenger's and Fergie's, his big minus is that he is not so good in developing players like Wneger and Ferguson are. And finally Benitez is fourth cuz he showed his knowledge but however I object him his lack of succes in the League, it seems that Liverpool can succed in only one competition in the season.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I dont think a Liverpool fan woule be very happy with you when you say Cl matters more to them than the league. In fact they would go ape-shit for you even saying that.

The league is their bread and butter and they have won it 18 times more than anyother team, so it irks them that they have not won it for 17 years

How is Liverpool's squad inferior when all the players were signed by Rafa? You give him money and he would spend 7m on Crouch and the amounst he spent on Pellegrini, Kuyt, Gonzales, Agger, Josemi, Aurelio, Zenden etc?

Which wingers were back, Cole was not fit after being out for a long time, Sheva was forced upon him to play no matter how bad his form was. Read the article and see the amount of crap he had to put up with

Robben is never fit

He was upset with Frisk for sending off Drogba for no reason whatsoever when Chelsea were leaing at the Nou Camp

The Collina one, I don't know which game you are refering to but we are not talking about his character
exactly..i've been saying this for ages..Rafa's signings have always been mediocre..buying players like Bellamy for 12M,Pennant for what? 10M? its nones fault but Rafa's IMO that he didnt have a good enough squad in the past.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
exactly..i've been saying this for ages..Rafa's signings have always been mediocre..buying players like Bellamy for 12M,Pennant for what? 10M? its nones fault but Rafa's IMO that he didnt have a good enough squad in the past.
Thanks I forgot about the money forked out on Bellamyand Pennant

What was that about?

That what happens when you give managers a lot of money to spend they tend to buy either garbage or pay over the odds for average players.

When he had to pit his second team, a team that he bought almost all the players against Arsenal's babes he got walloped 6-3

@Goggo

I did not say Mourinho made Ashley Cole, I said he made him into a better defender. Ashley Cole can now defend very well unlike when he was at Arsenal that his pace used to cover up for his bad positioning and he was known for his forward play.

Also it is not tru to say Mourinho does not develop players as he brought the likes of Ferreira, Carvalho, Deco, Maniche to the fore but at Chelsea he was brought to bring instant success and therefore he had to buy ready made players and some players like we know now were bought whether he wanted them or not

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
I'm watching replay of the show about Mourinho on Chelsea TV and it seems that noone believe Chelsea can replace him or even win any trophy this or next year. They all sound very pessimistic, and I agree with them.

Moreover I would be very scared if Mou joins Inter...

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
My boy my boy my oh my boy.

This is some very good read. Further evidence of how good Mourinho is as a manager.

I have always wondered how Mourinho would think either Alex or Ben Tal haim were good defenders now i realise it was not his choice.

I wonder how many more managers suffer for this nonsense when you have too many idiots at a club trying to rule the roost and forcing players on managers.
Damn. That was a good read. Talk about a club that is ready to implode. Good for Mourinho to get out of there before the walls came in.

Let's see what Abramovich's "genius" billions now do for this club without Mourinho...

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Thanks I forgot about the money forked out on Bellamyand Pennant

What was that about?

That what happens when you give managers a lot of money to spend they tend to buy either garbage or pay over the odds for average players.

When he had to pit his second team, a team that he bought almost all the players against Arsenal's babes he got walloped 6-3

@Goggo

I did not say Mourinho made Ashley Cole, I said he made him into a better defender. Ashley Cole can now defend very well unlike when he was at Arsenal that his pace used to cover up for his bad positioning and he was known for his forward play.

Also it is not tru to say Mourinho does not develop players as he brought the likes of Ferreira, Carvalho, Deco, Maniche to the fore but at Chelsea he was brought to bring instant success and therefore he had to buy ready made players and some players like we know now were bought whether he wanted them or not
completely agree with this point..he was never a good defender for Arsenal..But he had enough recovery pace to cover it up as you said.

I think its harsh to say Mourinho cant develop players,he might not be as good as Arsene or Fergie in this aspect..but he's definitely good at developing players..If he was given more time at Chelsea.i'm pretty sure he would have made a very good player of Kalou..other than that he moulded J.Cole to the winger he is..he made Terry more than just a solid defender..and he was also in the proccess of making a star player of Obi Mikel..who imo is a very very talented player.(needs to control his temper though)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Well if you consider our highest transfer (until this summer) ever was 11 million pounds its easy to see why Rafa had a rough time in the transfer market. I'm sure if he had the money he could have purchased a little more quality.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Well if you consider our highest transfer (until this summer) ever was 11 million pounds its easy to see why Rafa had a rough time in the transfer market. I'm sure if he had the money he could have purchased a little more quality.
now correct me if i'm wrong but he did spend approximately 30-35M on players last summer..

Instead of spending it on 4-5 mediocre players..he should have got 2 quality players that improved the team..whats the point of spending 12M on a player that wont improve the team?

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
now correct me if i'm wrong but he did spend approximately 30-35M on players last summer..

Instead of spending it on 4-5 mediocre players..he should have got 2 quality players that improved the team..whats the point of spending 12M on a player that wont improve the team?
I'm not sure if Rafa had full control of tranfers with the previous owners. Our club has had a tradition of being cheap in the transfer market. The truth is we needed help in more areas than we could afford. Beggars can't be choosers when your lacking in up to four positions. Basically we needed help at right and left back. Right and left wings and strikers. Thats an awful lot of positions to cover with only 30 mill. And with players costs being as inflated as they have over the last few years a 15 mill player may not be great value for money. I won't make any excuses for Bellamy though, he is crap. Pennant was only about a 6M cost and can be great at times.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003

Robben is never fit

am not only talking about liverpool fans here, it was just the importance of the game mutually for both teams.

Well with liverpool look at the difference in the way they are going now, from the way they were going two years ago. Now that Rafa has more money to spend.

I know that mourinho had to put up with a lot of crap from his management and i admire him a bit more after he got let away.

The way he dealt with the Frisk situation was just why i my respected is limited to him.I know he got what he wanted and everything, then went on to win. But those dodgy ways is what i dont like. I guess i should just get on with the times

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
am not only talking about liverpool fans here, it was just the importance of the game mutually for both teams.

Well with liverpool look at the difference in the way they are going now, from the way they were going two years ago. Now that Rafa has more money to spend.

I know that mourinho had to put up with a lot of crap from his management and i admire him a bit more after he got let away.

The way he dealt with the Frisk situation was just why i my respected is limited to him.I know he got what he wanted and everything, then went on to win. But those dodgy ways is what i dont like. I guess i should just get on with the times
I have to be honest here and say I have never respected Frisk as a referee, he always seemed to make strange decisions

He sent off Davids against Depor for very little or no reason when they beat us 2-0

Roma fans were so incensed with him that they threw a coin at him when Roma met a Russina team in Cl some years back.

He used to prounce around like he owned the place and i was always irritated by him.

Liverpool have started the season better not because they have money to spend but because Rafa is starting his 1st team more than he used even though he si still irritating Liverpool fans by his needless rotations

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
I have to be honest here and say I have never respected Frisk as a referee, he always seemed to make strange decisions

He sent off Davids against Depor for very little or no reason when they beat us 2-0

Roma fans were so incensed with him that they threw a coin at him when Roma met a Russina team in Cl some years back.

He used to prounce around like he owned the place and i was always irritated by him.

Liverpool have started the season better not because they have money to spend but because Rafa is starting his 1st team more than he used even though he si still irritating Liverpool fans by his needless rotations
Benitez said that Torres might not start next match for Pool because his rotation policy, after the poor guy just scored hat-trick :disagree:

OP
Red

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
  • Thread Starter #237
    Benitez said that Torres might not start next match for Pool because his rotation policy, after the poor guy just scored hat-trick :disagree:
    I thought he just dodged the question. Benitez has always rotated his team without regard to form so it wouldn't surprise me if he is rested before the CL game net week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)