Most Naturally Gifted Italian Player (1 Viewer)

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
Mate, I almost cried watching those video's- THANKS FOR SHARING THEM !!!! :D:D:D:D

I just keep thinking, what a shame that Roby never was able to lift the WC trophy............
You are right...
It's a schame that a champion like him never been a world champion, but I prefer him to be an Italian who never won a WC that a Brazilian who won it 2 times :D
I am just a little bit not objective (I'm Italian) but owers soccer need his simbol... it will be so gray and sad without him...

Today I saw the tape of a special that the TV program "sfide" (challanges) made about him the 30 of december, it was so good... not the always-the-same Baggio goal parade but his story from when he was at school till his 300 goal few weeks ago.
They interviewed everybody, his first school teacher, his first coach at Caldogno team, the surger who took care about him when he destroyed his knee 4 the first time in 1985, some coaches like Maifredi, Vicini, Ulivieri, Mazzone and his teammates from Schillaci, who said that he will never forget when Baggio during Italia 90 WC decide not to kick a penalty cause he wanted him to be the topscorer to Appiah who said that his dad can not already belive that he is playing with Baggio and others Brescia guys who said that they are still emotioned when they see him also if they are playing with him for years...
Than they schow his most important moment in the field and outside... the one who emotioned me more is maybe the day when he entered at the and of Brescia-Fiorentina last year after a record recovery from the last knee surger... I know that his career had moments more important than this, like the WC's the golden ball, the FIFA world player ecc... But that day I thing all Italy was crying... from all the serie A field fans where celebrating when they saw that Baggio scored 2 goals in few minutes.

It is made so good, it is a pity that I can't post it also :down: (it last howers and it's in Italian). I like to schare emotions :D
And sometimes I think that it's a schame that Baggio fans abroad can't know everything about him and can't watch all this staff that they make here 4 him...

Buy on AliExpress.com

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Usually the TV is crap also over here...
And also the soccer programs are boring and talk more about the polemics and the referee mistakes than schow the players gestures :(
But "sfide" is actually a grate program, they usually don't speak about sport but they came out with one of the best Baggio special I ever seen...

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Mate, which RAI showed "sfide" ??

Last year, about this time in January, RAI INTERNATIONAL showed "sfide" on 1 or 2 mondays in a row. It was mostly about the previous season of Serie A (when Roma won the scudetto). It was a good series with many clips and interviews. I hope RAI INTERNATIONAL shows this new one with Roby

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Rai 3.
Check it out... If they will schow it in Rai International you cant miss it!

Sfide actually did also somethig about the WC few monts ago (sfide mondiali) in which a part is dedicated to Roby, a schort clip is avaliable in internet on this link:

http://www.sfide.rai.it/R3_popupBlocco25Blob/1,6969,1418^1662,00.html

But it has noting to do with this other one, cause "sfide" is always made in a studio wheare they schow videos and they are talking about different things.
While this is a "special" just about Baggio story. It's so good! ;)

mate

Aug 28, 2002
About who???
Berkamp???
Maybe you don't know what he did in Italy... and beeing rai an Italian TV, if they will ever do a "special" about him, it will be to have fun about him...

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by mate ] ++
About who???
Berkamp???
Maybe you don't know what he did in Italy... and beeing rai an Italian TV, if they will ever do a "special" about him, it will be to have fun about him...
well, I meant that Baggio is not really that interesting. It's not as if they are going to tell you anything that you don't know already.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++

well, I meant that Baggio is not really that interesting. It's not as if they are going to tell you anything that you don't know already.
It depends... If you are a Baggio fan maybe you know already everything, but I don't think that everybody already know all!
4 example did you know that when he was selled to Juve, in Florens there was a "civil war" who ended with more than 50 peaple at the hospital and many others in gel?
Well ther's so many amenyties in his careear, and also if usaully all the "special" they do on him are all the same (also if I'm his fan I got bored to see them) those one is :cool:
They even interview the surgers who rebuild his knee 4 the first time in 1985, his first coach, everybody... I have to say it's well done. It really gives you and idea of what Baggio career was.

And than Baggio is the "most loved" sportman in Italy so is normal that if they want who do a special 4 the end of the year they do it on him. In Holland probably there are specials about Berkamp and not about Baggio, and that will normal too...

mate

Aug 28, 2002
I guess you don't really need to know how he was at school, how is his house, how is his dog and all this staff :D but 4 soccer (and sport in general) lovers is really worth it to know how his career evolved and to see his goals :thumb:

Ahmed_

Bench Warmer
Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++

If Baggio was not interesting ...... who is interesting then????:(

OP
denco

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #99
    ++ [ originally posted by Ahmed ] ++

If Baggio was not interesting ...... who is interesting then????:(
    Loads and loads of controversial players like Asprilla, Stoichkov, Maradona, Romario and most of all Edmundo, not to mention George Best and all those colorful xters that have graced the game

This was supposed to be the most gifted Italian but has turned to a Baggio tribute:rolleyes: which can only mean Mate is in da house:D

mate

Aug 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
    Loads and loads of controversial players like Asprilla, Stoichkov, Maradona, Romario and most of all Edmundo, not to mention George Best and all those colorful xters that have graced the game

This was supposed to be the most gifted Italian but has turned to a Baggio tribute:rolleyes: which can only mean Mate is in da house:D
    You are the one who opened the trade!
    If you don't like when peaple speak about Baggio don't open trade about the most gifted Italian player ;)

Ant then :confused: what the hell has Baggio to do with Edmundo and with Asprilla? Baggio isn't controverial like them... he just had a wonderful career as a soccer player and he's more interesting cause he get over many injures and many other problem and cause the passion of the peaple he created many strange things (like the "civil war" in Florence in 1990" or the mess with the NT) but he didn't do it on purpose... he's not the kind of player who run away to the carnival or something like that :fero:

And Best was "controversial" cause he was a real Don Giovanni but 4 your information Baggio is married for something like 15 years and have 2 kids.

And about Maradona... I hope you are speaking about the skill...

Denco, I'm sorry but I guess you don't really have a clue about Baggio life...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)