Momo Sissoko (13 Viewers)

Zidaninho

Aug 31, 2010
Yes he is the worst. He is by far the most limited player from a technical standpoint to command a status close to being "world class", regardless of position. Makelele looks like Rui Freaking Costa out there compared to Sissoko.
Yeah technically he is murder

btw: that dude in your avatar has one ugly head!

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
But that's like saying gee, this BMW's engine is so powerful and shiny. Too bad we have to build a body frame around it to actually use it to drive anywhere.
From what you are saying, there is not a single frame at the drivers disposal. But that is not the case, there IS a body frame, but the driver needs to be smart and find a way to place the engine inside......since it is a BMW engine....

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Sissoko and Chiellini were the only ones defending today.
:tup:
I thought I was the only one who noticed it.

exactly, and didn't misplace that many passes either.
But that's not really true :D

I still see Momo as an important player, but playing both him & Melo at the same time is suicide. They're just not clever enough, plain and simple.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Problem with Sissoko as much as he covers he gets us in those situations in the first place with his terrible passing.
That's not entirely true. But I am well aware of his deficiencies.

Both Melo & Sissoko get us in difficult situations way too often (the former even more so), but Momo's constant hustling (when he's on his game at least) puts a lot of pressure on the opponent, breaking down their play. Something Melo should be capable of as well, but he clearly isn't right now.
But playing both of them together is just asking for trouble, simply because you can forget about keeping possession.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Lets leave it at this Red......lets say this is true....my only wish is that people stop saying that Sissoko is a bad player who cant do shit. He is the same as Viera in my eyes. Saying that Sissoko sucks and that he is a bad player only because he doesnt fit in Juve's idea is the same as saying that Raul cant do shit just because there was no place for him in Real imo.

Vieira was far, far better than Sissoko.
Absolutely he was. :tup:

Im not comparing Momo to Raul, i was only trying to make a point that a player can not be classified as shit just because he doesnt fit in a certain system.
This really has nothing to do with the system. Momo Sissoko can not pass and that, as a central midfielder, is his MASSIVE downfall. It is like having a physically strong GK with one arm...
Yes he is the worst. He is by far the most limited player from a technical standpoint to command a status close to being "world class", regardless of position. Makelele looks like Rui Freaking Costa out there compared to Sissoko.
Make a highlight tap of his mistakes just for the last 2 games. It is to the point I am laughing when he loses the ball now. If people can't see that he is our weakest link right now, when playing then I am not sure what he needs to do. The guy has incredible tackles only to lose it on his very next pass.

It is like a sniper with a great shot, just can't get into position with out getting caught. You have a talent but also your weakness limits you completely useless.

Gamaro

The Arabian Knight
Aug 6, 2007
I thought I was the only one who noticed i

I still see Momo as an important player, but playing both him & Melo at the same time is suicide. They're just not clever enough, plain and simple.
You are surely not the only on here.

The problem with the ppl here that they blame Sissoko mainly for the poor performance.They don't want to understand that the whole system sucks.

How the hell DN plays both Momo n Melo in his formation 4-4-2? it doesn't suit 2 pure defensive CMs at all.

DN clearly doesn't know how to deal with different matches n different situations.Jose Mou for example changes his formation from match to match depending on who is available for him n who is not.Aquiliani can't play n Claudio had to be rested the he should have played 4-2-3-1,this formation is the only one that suit Melo-Mom partnership.

And i have a Q to those who are attacking Momo as if he is an enemy of them,what about Doria's match?who had to be blamed?
Sissoko was not even on the bench.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
No one here is blaming yesterday's results on momo. However, I am blaming him for a lot of the unneeded pressure that was placed on our team throughout the match yesterday from lost possession that came from his many mis-placed passes.

It doesn't matter what system you put sissoko in if he can't complete simple passes. On the flip side, the whole system comes crashing down as a result of constently losing possession. When he loses the ball he begins to mentally crumble too and you can see it when he starts making rash decisions and silly tackles.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
That's not entirely true. But I am well aware of his deficiencies.

Both Melo & Sissoko get us in difficult situations way too often (the former even more so), but Momo's constant hustling (when he's on his game at least) puts a lot of pressure on the opponent, breaking down their play. Something Melo should be capable of as well, but he clearly isn't right now.
But playing both of them together is just asking for trouble, simply because you can forget about keeping possession.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)