Momo Sissoko (107 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
The main reason I was fine with gambling on Motta was because I hoped that we could save money on the RB with him, despite being squad quality at best right now, because it would mean we could invest in a real quality LB.

That it would make sense on gambling somewhat decent but limited young RB like him for that. Instead of buying a 2nd RB who is more reliable/solid, that we do that for LB instead. I waited all summer and honestly thought we would do it, properly invest in the defense for once (instead of loans/free transfers and Andrade-Bonnucci in 4 frigging years), by getting a quality/good LB. Its so fucking typically sad it ended up with Traore...

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Ok, since there are people who obviously cant understand what is Sissoko all about and where is Juve making a mistake with him, ill have to draw that.....

.........Pepe.........................(other than Melo)........Krasic

--------------------->Sissoko<-------------------SHOULD PLAY HERE

............................Defence.......................

-------------------------------------------------------------

----------------->Sissoko<-------------NOT HERE

Pepe.....................................(whateva)............Krasic

............................Defence.............................

He should have the least amount of contact with the ball, his task is to DESTROY not CREATE!!

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Ok, since there are people who obviously cant understand what is Sissoko all about and where is Juve making a mistake with him, ill have to draw that.....

He should have the least amount of contact with the ball, his task is to DESTROY not CREATE!!
The problem is that he needs to be in different positions depending on whether Juve have the ball.

With Juve in possession, he should hide behind the rest of the midfield.

With the opposition in possession, he should be in front of Juve's other midfielders, pressing the ball as hard and as high up the pitch as he can.

Making Sissoko an effective player is not easy.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
The problem is that he needs to be in different positions depending on whether Juve have the ball.

With Juve in possession, he should hide behind the rest of the midfield.

With the opposition in possession, he should be in front of Juve's other midfielders, pressing the ball as hard and as high up the pitch as he can.

Making Sissoko an effective player is not easy.
But Red, many of the mistakes that he makes in passing is when he is in the attack. What you say is correct but the problem is that he goes in the attack even when Juve has the ball.....and im pretty sure that that is not his idea, but the coaches....Just remember Red, when he first came to Juve, when he was played as a classic DM, when the whole of Olimpico was on its feet every time he destroyed the oppositon's attack, when he would make an incredible sliding tackle. But back then, his position was defined, his duties were defined, Ranieri understood the player he was, saw the characteristics he had and gave him his duties accordingly. He would win the ball, quickly pass it to someone free and that was it, he was just waiting for another victim from the opposition to come and eat his boot.....

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

You have the backwards, well almost. Sissoko playing directly in front of the defense is not successful at all.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Fanatic, He still gave the ball away a lot then.

Sissoko is not a clever player, which makes things very tough.

If Sissoko is playing deep, it is tough for Juve to play out from the back, and it ends up with lots of long balls.

I just don't see a place in the team for Sissoko, except in games that Juve expect to have little possession and will defending most of the time.

Playing him at home against weaker teams is just asking for trouble.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

If Sissoko is playing deep, it is tough for Juve to play out from the back, and it ends up with lots of long balls.

I just don't see a place in the team for Sissoko, except in games that Juve expect to have little possession and will defending most of the time.

:tup:

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006

Lets leave it at this Red......lets say this is true....my only wish is that people stop saying that Sissoko is a bad player who cant do shit. He is the same as Viera in my eyes. Saying that Sissoko sucks and that he is a bad player only because he doesnt fit in Juve's idea is the same as saying that Raul cant do shit just because there was no place for him in Real imo.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Lets leave it at this Red......lets say this is true....my only wish is that people stop saying that Sissoko is a bad player who cant do shit. He is the same as Viera in my eyes. Saying that Sissoko sucks and that he is a bad player only because he doesnt fit in Juve's idea is the same as saying that Raul cant do shit just because there was no place for him in Real imo.
Vieira was far, far better than Sissoko.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
but Vieira is probably the greatest dm to ever play in EPL (along with Keane and Makalele) and Raul is a legend for Madrid. you can't compare Sissoko to 2 legendary players.

and i like Sissoko

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

And in that system, how exactly do you suggest we keep the ball away from Sissoko? He's between the defense and the attack, a position that sees perhaps the most of the ball during an entire match. You want the other player to come back and take the ball from him, leaving just the wingers forward?

This is exactly why in a straight 4-4-2, Sissoko is useless. When we have the ball, he is simply a zombie out there. The only way this sort of thing would work is if we play a more narrow system with overlapping fullbacks so that the central midfielders are shadowing Sissoko, sort of like how Pirlo, Gattuso and the other accomplice work together. But even then, Gattuso can at least complete simple passes consistently.

It makes absolutely no sense to try to FORCE such a limited player in the team, as opposed to building the team around a Zizou or the like. Wasting resources and positions on a one-dimensional player is like wasting your budget to buy a shiny new trailer for a truck you don't even have.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
but Vieira is probably the greatest dm to ever play in EPL (along with Keane and Makalele) and Raul is a legend for Madrid. you can't compare Sissoko to 2 legendary players.

and i like Sissoko
Im not comparing Momo to Raul, i was only trying to make a point that a player can not be classified as shit just because he doesnt fit in a certain system.

Zidaninho

Aug 31, 2010

and i like Sissoko
With the right mentor and coach he could form into a great player, but the poor guy has had rubbish coaching him for a while now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 106)