Momo Sissoko (8 Viewers)

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Even before the red (for a tackle which was completely avoidable), he was very poor. Constantly gifting the opposition possession either through a poor 1st touch or pass.

We have always known he is a very limited player. When he plays his role, he is awesome, but when he takes on added responsibilities or tries to do anything but a simple pass he hinders our side tremendously.
:agree:

About two minutes before he gave the ball away in our own half then brought down a player right on the edge of the area.

He is a liability at the moment

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
There is nothing you can do for a player when he makes a decision like that. Based on that I have to assume he's unsalvageable. Just a complete idiot.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Even before the red (for a tackle which was completely avoidable), he was very poor. Constantly gifting the opposition possession either through a poor 1st touch or pass.

We have always known he is a very limited player. When he plays his role, he is awesome, but when he takes on added responsibilities or tries to do anything but a simple pass he hinders our side tremendously.
We can't baby Sissoko and hold his hand into covering up his weaknesses. He has very few strengths, and even when he plays well defensively he's usually poor with the ball. Time to move on and get better players in here.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
There is no role on the pitch that doesn't involve passing or making decisions. These are unavoidable facets of being a footballer and Sissoko has neither of these skills. I used to love him but goodbye please.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
There is no role on the pitch that doesn't involve passing or making decisions. These are unavoidable facets of being a footballer and Sissoko has neither of these skills. I used to love him but goodbye please.
Indeed.

Little early to sell him...see how the players play under a new coach first. One season should not determine if he is sold. Maybe he shouldn't start for a while
We shouldn't be using a one-dimensional destroyer anymore. The game is moving away from that. People need to understand these guys have been more of a detriment to our attacking play than anything else, and it needs to change. I don't care if Sissoko goes back to his first season form because we need ball-playing midfielders out there in the modern game.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
And he played well for most of it. No one said they wanted to sell him last year. Actually that would have been rediculous.
So no I wasn't refering to Melo I think its to early to sell him for one bad season when the year and a half he was top 3 player for us
I replied to your post because you said "One season should not determine if he is sold", and Sissoko has been here for 2 and a half seasons. I assumed you were referring to Melo.

Apr 19, 2007
The modern game??? I couldn't care less about playing the modern game. I say if Milan had their 2005 team back or our teams back we would do just as good and I think our 2006 would have been equal to Barca of today. If Capello comes back we will see that you dont have to play sexy football to win. In fact you have to be very good individually to win all the time playing that attacking. Just look at the Dutch National team compared to the Italian. Dutch have great players and never win because they Get shut down one game. Play tactically sound and we will win again

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
And he played well for most of it. No one said they wanted to sell him last year. Actually that would have been rediculous.
So no I wasn't refering to Melo I think its to early to sell him for one bad season when the year and a half he was top 3 player for us
I'd say he was mediocre last season. This season has been a straight disaster.

He's clearly on the wane. Clear downtrend.

But regardless of this fact, we should be looking to get better players in here anyway.

mondo1

May 14, 2006
i think that both melo and sissoko are even worser when they are both on the pitch.... it should be either him or melo... both together without a player next to them that actually can pass a ball is just ..................................
but in the end we also play with grosso and zebina..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)