Momo Sissoko (16 Viewers)

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Legro definetly is a christian guy (if im not wrong, for 3 or 4 years). And it`s nothing wrong if our guys have strong character and stay with their principles of life no matter what.
Yeah but Legro's principles have earned him a recall in the Azzurri and a new Juve contract whilst Momo's principles result in sub-par performances ( not that I have anything against him or his religion; infact I love Momo :heart: ). I think he just shouldn't be playing at all till the end of the month.

Jun 13, 2007
This is a much more complicated issue than what most of us believe it to be. To put it simply, Ramadan is a very big deal with muslims and whether we like it or not, it is considered a great blasphemy if one does not fast.

Muslims fast at a very young age, traditionally between the ages of 10-12, fasting is something that has been implemented on them by their parents, society, and peers. They grow up this way; no matter what profession they choose later in life, not fasting is never an option.

We may view this as unprofessional and pointless, but this is something he takes very seriously and we are obliged as human beings to respect that. This is not a matter for discussion, if you don't believe in the Muslim faith, then you may keep this to yourself, but it is unacceptable to bash Muslims and their traditions no matter how strange they may seem to you.

Personally, I am a Greek Orthodox Christian, I'm not a Muslim, but I truly believe it unethical to insult a player for following his religion, we should understand that somethings are simply none of our business, religion is a personal issue and youmust therefore remain considerate to other people's feelings when speaking about such a delicate subject.

cunninlynguists

Amsterdam Ambassador
May 7, 2006
Islam is a religion, not a sport I agree.But football is a job and not a hobbie for Mommo(and any other player).
So he has to try to do his best in his job, because he is paid for that.
Hell, that's like going to my job tommorw under drugs, because the Holy green buffalo says so.What will be my excuse?That this is my religion?
Don't get me wrong, I have not hard feelings against Momo particulary, but I find this unprofessional for every player who does it.
Yes he is trying to do his best in his job. Next to that, being under narcotics is forbidden by law. Being high/stoned/alcoholic during work is also forbidden by law.
Being a Muslim and preforming Ramadan is not forbidden by any law.
So why is it unprofessional?

conmebol

Sep 30, 2007
I'm not muslim, but I came from predominantly muslim country. Fasting is one of the five pillars of islam. I don't know whether this is a fair comparison, but if you don't fast, it's like breaking the ten commandments in christian faith. I have no problem with Sissoko fasting. We just have to practice a little bit tolerance in this case.

cunninlynguists

Amsterdam Ambassador
May 7, 2006
I'm not muslim, but I came from predominantly muslim country. Fasting is one of the five pillars of islam. I don't know whether this is a fair comparison, but if you don't fast, it's like breaking the ten commandments in christian faith. I have no problem with Sissoko fasting. We just have to practice a little bit tolerance in this case.
'Thats not possible. We as Juventus football club cannot afford that, because it can cost us some points this season. We could lose the Serie A, all thanks to Sissoko's Ramadan. He should be professional and stop fasting because he plays for us and we need him and the points. What his own beliefs are is not interesting, because he is in the system now. He cannot have own beliefs and religion because his duty is to help Juventus as hard as he can. Juventus is his God, his reason for existence.'

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Islam is a religion, not a sport I agree.But football is a job and not a hobbie for Mommo(and any other player).
So he has to try to do his best in his job, because he is paid for that.
Hell, that's like going to my job tommorw under drugs, because the Holy green buffalo says so.What will be my excuse?That this is my religion?
Don't get me wrong, I have not hard feelings against Momo particulary, but I find this unprofessional for every player who does it.
The management is supposed to be prepared for these things in advance. Either sign adequate cover, or just don't sign Momo in the first place. If the club knows that you're a Buffalogoloist and you use drugs beofre you sign the contract, then they are supposed to accept that.

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
Yes he is trying to do his best in his job. Next to that, being under narcotics is forbidden by law. Being high/stoned/alcoholic during work is also forbidden by law.
Being a Muslim and preforming Ramadan is not forbidden by any law.
So why is it unprofessional?

So Ronaldinho and Adriano are great proffesionals, even if they go for clubbing, staying sleepless etc when the next day have to go for training.
That's not forbidden by law, and their coaches don't fine them.:disagree:

Anyway I have nothing against the Islam, or better nothing more against Islam than the other religions.I generaly find the religious ethics silly, and in this occasion, negative for our team.

cunninlynguists

Amsterdam Ambassador
May 7, 2006
So Ronaldinho and Adriano are great proffesionals, even if they go for clubbing, staying sleepless etc when the next day have to go for training.
That's not forbidden by law, and their coaches don't fine them.:disagree:

Anyway I have nothing against the Islam, or better nothing more against Islam than the other religions.I generaly find the religious ethics silly, and in this occasion, negative for our team.
It is forbidden by the club. They have a special program, for example:
they aren't allowed to play football outside with kids during some periods, they arent allowed to leave the house after 23:00 during a time period, etc.
But I don't think that there's ANY club in the world who'd say that you cannot fast during fastingmonth in Islam religion

delpierofan82

Apr 24, 2005
'Thats not possible. We as Juventus football club cannot afford that, because it can cost us some points this season. We could lose the Serie A, all thanks to Sissoko's Ramadan. He should be professional and stop fasting because he plays for us and we need him and the points. What his own beliefs are is not interesting, because he is in the system now. He cannot have own beliefs and religion because his duty is to help Juventus as hard as he can. Juventus is his God, his reason for existence.'
Oh!! stop that!!! Everyone has a personal life and every kind of job is at least on the second place, after his/her personal lifes. So he has every rights to do so and as his belief is his personal life.

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
'Thats not possible. We as Juventus football club cannot afford that, because it can cost us some points this season.
But It can

We could lose the Serie A, all thanks to Sissoko's Ramadan.

You speak the truth.We could lose some points, that would lead us to finish in a worse position than this we can.

He should be professional and stop fasting because he plays for us and we need him and the points.

He should be a professional-->Yes
We need him-->Yes
We need the points-->Yes

his duty is to help Juventus as hard as he can.

Indeed, this is his duty.He is paid for this.

Juventus is his God, his reason for existence.'

That's somehow extreme

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
Oh!! stop that!!! Everyone has a personal life and every kind of job is at least on the second place, after his/her personal lifes. So he has every rights to do so and as his belief is his personal life.

Ok, maybe.As he has the right to do something I find wrong, I have the right to complain about that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)