Momo Sissoko (14 Viewers)

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
turn to Jesus,he doesn't expect from you to go hungry on the pitch......
or blow innocent people up in his name :p

seriously, he shouldnt play during Ramadan....he is not only hurting himself trying to play without any nutrition, but he is hurting the team even more

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
That's unbelivable!!
Juventus is a company, and the players have to act with responsibility.
So what would happen if one religion of which we had a player, said that the belivers shouldn't work for 1 month?Would we accept that?
If Momo is off-form for 3-4 games, this can harm our chances for something good this season.And that's unnaceptable.
The Christians(at least the orthodox) do an idiotic fast too but it lasts only one week...not one month(the same silly but with less duration)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
That's unbelivable!!
Juventus is a company, and the players have to act with responsibility.
So what would happen if one religion of which we had a player, said that the belivers shouldn't work for 1 month?Would we accept that?
If Momo is off-form for 3-4 games, this can harm our chances for something good this season.And that's unnaceptable.
The Christians(at least the orthodox) do an idiotic fast too but it lasts only one week...not one month(the same silly but with less duration)
Agreed. Good post.

I find it unprofessional really, but I still love Momo. He just should not be starting if he's tired from fasting.

cunninlynguists

Amsterdam Ambassador
May 7, 2006
Islam is a religion, not a sport.
You are raised in a Muslim way than you can't deny that. So if you turn into a professional footballer, your history and life-visions still stay the same.
He cannot use football as an excuse to not preform his religion.
There are enough other Muslim players who are doing Ramadan, so it's not going to harm ANY of our chances.

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
Islam is a religion, not a sport.
You are raised in a Muslim way than you can't deny that. So if you turn into a professional footballer, your history and life-visions still stay the same.
He cannot use football as an excuse to not preform his religion.
There are enough other Muslim players who are doing Ramadan, so it's not going to harm ANY of our chances.

Islam is a religion, not a sport I agree.But football is a job and not a hobbie for Mommo(and any other player).
So he has to try to do his best in his job, because he is paid for that.
Hell, that's like going to my job tommorw under drugs, because the Holy green buffalo says so.What will be my excuse?That this is my religion?
Don't get me wrong, I have not hard feelings against Momo particulary, but I find this unprofessional for every player who does it.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Islam is a religion, not a sport I agree.But football is a job and not a hobbie for Mommo(and any other player).
So he has to try to do his best in his job, because he is paid for that.
Hell, that's like going to my job tommorw under drugs, because the Holy green buffalo says so.What will be my excuse?That this is my religion?
Don't get me wrong, I have not hard feelings against Momo particulary, but I find this unprofessional for every player who does it.
same thing. different thread. so do we start all over again :confused:???
maybe i should... was fun last time...

i work in a company with over 1000 employees... there are about 10 muslims in the whole place... i get to go home early while am fasting coz my manager allows me to... if he didn't and i still left then it'd be unprofessional on my part... but because my manager knows it ain't unprofessional... same case with Momo... if he hides it from Ranieri and the management and performs poorly then hes unprofessional... but if they know then its not unprofessional...
now if you say its unfair advantage over the other players then you should also know that other players get to go to their homeland during Christmas... Momo cannot do the same and go off for a week to his homeland during Eid... I don't get leave for Eid either, but others do get for their festivals... but i cannot complain because in the end it all evens out... just my 2 cents...

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
well that explains his lack of form recently, he should be rested tonight - is it true that he cant even take on water during the hours of fasting? if so he shouldnt even be playing!!
I thought that if they were doing work involving a lot of exercise or strenuous in nature, they were allowed a meal during daylight hours! Have I got that wrong, or does football not count?

will he play today? he was quite tired in the last match
I agree! Momo has done a lot of running around in the past few games. Let him rest and recuperate in time for the Samp game!

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
same thing. different thread. so do we start all over again :confused:???
maybe i should... was fun last time...

i work in a company with over 1000 employees... there are about 10 muslims in the whole place... i get to go home early while am fasting coz my manager allows me to... if he didn't and i still left then it'd be unprofessional on my part... but because my manager knows it ain't unprofessional... same case with Momo... if he hides it from Ranieri and the management and performs poorly then hes unprofessional... but if they know then its not unprofessional...
now if you say its unfair advantage over the other players then you should also know that other players get to go to their homeland during Christmas... Momo cannot do the same and go off for a week to his homeland during Eid... I don't get leave for Eid either, but others do get for their festivals... but i cannot complain because in the end it all evens out... just my 2 cents...

Are you(and the other 9 people) a key employee for your company?Because I wouldn't care so much if some of our u-20 players were fasting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)