Momo Sissoko (8 Viewers)

Jul 2, 2006
Sissoko: I Am Better Than Mascherano

New Juventus midfielder Momo Sissoko has hit back at criticism over his ability and has sensationally declared that he is a better player than former Liverpool team-mate Javier Mascherano.

The Bianconeri were chasing both Sissoko and Mascherano during last month’s transfer window, but eventually plumped for the former, who signed for €13m.

This did not go down well with the majority of Juventus supporters who were heavily against the signing of Sissoko and would have liked to see Mascherano at their club instead.

The Malian international, who made his debut as a substitute in last week’s 1-1 draw with Cagliari, has moved to assure Juve fans over his ability and has sensationally declared that he is a better player than Mascherano.

"I want to win titles. Trust me, I am better than Mascherano," he told Tuttosport.

Sissoko could start his first match for Juventus this weekend at Udinese, although latest reports from Italy suggest that he will have to settle for a place on the bench once again.

Cristiano Zanetti has returned from suspension and will slot back into the team at centre-midfield in place of the dropped Tiago Mendes.

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
Determination, self-confidence... Im starting to like this dude allready.

He has a mission and he believes in him self. I like!!!

Momo, you better not let us down now!

pUnk

Jul 16, 2006
That was stupid to say from Sissoko...even if he IS better.
i agree..that realy was stupid to say.....let us decide if his is better then Mascherano(and i personaly think he isn't).....everybody can say:I'M BETTER THAN HIM, but few are apreciated by others...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
What was the point of saying that? If Sissoko is better than Mascherano, why wasn't he starting at Liverpool? Just another stupid comment from the player a week after saying he'll be desperate to hear the score of Liverpool's match right after he steps off our pitch. Just shut the fuck up already and show us on the pitch. Your annoying comments won't get you anywhere at this club.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
What was the point of saying that? If Sissoko is better than Mascherano, why wasn't he starting at Liverpool? Just another stupid comment from the player a week after saying he'll be desperate to hear the score of Liverpool's match right after he steps off our pitch. Just shut the fuck up already and show us on the pitch. Your annoying comments won't get you anywhere at this club.
Where did he say that?

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Where did he say that?
Momo Sissoko, who quit Liverpool to sign for Juventus this week, has sent the club a letter for supporters thanking them for making his time on Merseyside enjoyable.

The letter, released by the club today, says:

Dear Liverpool fans,

As soon as I arrived in Liverpool I realised how much this team meant.

Now, after two and a half years I have to say goodbye and I can't hide the great sorrow I feel in leaving one of the best clubs in Europe.

Liverpool FC as a club, its fans, its coaches and my team-mates have together helped me to become a better player and, above all, a better person.

Liverpool FC is one of the greatest. The Liverpool fans never desert their team.

Even in the worst moments you have a strong sense that the fans are with you, supporting you as much as they can, never giving up, those fans make Liverpool even stronger. I really want to thank them for helping me to feel and to understand what football means in its purest form.

I also think Liverpool FC functions this way because of its leaders; Rafael Benitez works from dawn to dusk, and the players know they must fight for the red shirt in every second of every match.

Now I am beginning a new adventure in another big European Club in Juventus. They have also now put their faith in me.

I shall play to my best in every single match, I shall fight hard for my new shirt to the end, but when every match is finished, I know what I'll do first - I shall ask about the results of Liverpool FC.

Everybody knows the legend "You'll Never Walk Alone" and I shall never ever forget the experience and the team.

I want to thank everyone for the opportunity and wish everyone all the best for the future.

With my best regards,

Mohammed Sissoko

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)