Momo Sissoko (92 Viewers)

MadballJuve

Oct 8, 2007
Goal.com realy sucks ass, Momo played a decent game and was not to blame for any of the goals! That guy that gives the ratings obviously never watches our games (it's not the firts time he's wrong).

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
What really bothers me is the fickleness of the members who were only 2 weeks ago calling him Shitsoko and now he is turning into a fan favourite?!

Gimme a break....

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
What really bothers me is the fickleness of the members who were only 2 weeks ago calling him Shitsoko and now he is turning into a fan favourite?!

Gimme a break....
Would you prefer them still calling him Shitsoko?

If Momo won them over good for him and good for us...

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Would you prefer them still calling him Shitsoko?

If Momo won them over good for him and good for us...
TBH I would have preferred them to be quiet in the 1st place. Now they are jumping on his bandwagon after he offered a good 90 minutes. Is that really enough to win them over? Can't they be more patient and sensible?

memo

Nov 18, 2005
i allways liked the idea of sissoko. . .also the iaquinta idea at the start of the season..they are hardworking this is what we neeed

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
TBH I would have preferred them to be quiet in the 1st place. Now they are jumping on his bandwagon after he offered a good 90 minutes. Is that really enough to win them over? Can't they be more patient and sensible?
I agree,

but then again are you sure it's the same people? You're just assuming...

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Sisso is the best thing that has happened to juventus since we won our last scudetto in '06 (right before we were stripped of it :p)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

Gimme a break....
Some of the comments Sissoko made when joining Juventus were rather inane, but if he proves his worth on the pitch, that's all that matters. Thus far he has shown himself to be better than Nocerino, so that's certainly promising.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Thus far he has shown himself to be better than Nocerino, so that's certainly promising.
You mean he actually connected a few passes, pulled forward with the ball, got in scoring oppurtunities, had a penalty on him, was involved in both offense and defense?

Seriously, people here think too much of Nocerino and statements like "he's no worse than Gattuso was at the same age" make me laugh. Milan always had some spart of creativity in their midfield, we are not in the position we "mould" our own Gattuso. Both Zanetti and Sissoko are defensive but offer at least something going forward, Nocerino doesn't.

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
You mean he actually connected a few passes, pulled forward with the ball, got in scoring oppurtunities, had a penalty on him, was involved in both offense and defense?

Seriously, people here think too much of Nocerino and statements like "he's no worse than Gattuso was at the same age" make me laugh. Milan always had some spart of creativity in their midfield, we are not in the position we "mould" our own Gattuso. Both Zanetti and Sissoko are defensive but offer at least something going forward, Nocerino doesn't.
from what i have seen , nocerino doesnt have much defensive qualities either

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Yeah, imagine that. A player in our midfield who actually doesn't look like a Chevy pickup on steroids. Amazing.

Indeed, Nocerino isn't anywhere near the level of Gattuso right now. I'm also sure Gattuso wasn't this poor when he played for Rangers, which consisted of the player even being fielded at right-back. :pumpkin:

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Indeed, Nocerino isn't anywhere near the level of Gattuso right now. I'm also sure Gattuso wasn't this poor when he played for Rangers, which consisted of the player even being fielded at right-back. :pumpkin:
Definetly. I've watched Gattuso when he started out for Milan and though he was reckless and overly rough, he was clearly more capable than our Nocerino currently. The Gattuso of now eats him for breakfast.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Definetly. I've watched Gattuso when he started out for Milan and though he was reckless and overly rough, he was clearly more capable than our Nocerino currently. The Gattuso of now eats him for breakfast.
Of all that has happened I think it would have been more benefical for us to have instead kept marchisio, after all he was used to playing for us, he started virtually all of our games and I think him and zanetti made a good paring, but with nocerino it makes it as though zanetti is our only central midfielder, not to mention marchisio's attacking is 100x better and he can defend equally as well, or even better.

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
I'm still not convinced Sissoko was worth the effort and cost, but he is definitely an upgrade on Nocerino.

As well, I don't think he is to blame for his "acrobatics." That penalty was the most disgusting abuse of a referee's authority that I've seen in a long time. There was zero attempt to foul or to hit the player... it should have been an indirect free kick for a dangerous play, if anything at all.

natedizzle89

Jan 11, 2006
Without a doubt this guy was superb on saturday. Honestly i thought he was the best player on the pitch! Did you see how many times he won the ball back, and i'm surprised no one has commented on how many headers he won in the middle of the field, he only lost one, and the ref gave us a freekick cus it was a foul. This guy is definitely a great buy, and i think his game is definitely better suited for italian football than for english. I admit his passing isn't sublime, however even if he loses the ball he wins it back just as quickly. I wasn't happy with his decision making in attempting an acrobatic kick, but he didn't do it with the intention of hurting the player. I have high hopes for this guy, and i know with more playing time he will develop into an absolutely fantastic defensive midfielder! He definitely is one for the future.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
If you watch the replay of the incident from the left side you can clearly see that Sissoko leaves the ground prior to the Reggina player even being close to him. Then you can see the Reggina player jump into his path diagonally and that's where it appears to be a harsh move. The funny thing is that the ref had the best view!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 92)