Momo Sissoko (53 Viewers)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
So what if Momo can't pass? He should be the one player we make sure to fit into the midfield three every match, his various talents more than make up for his dismal ball playing skills and it really shouldn't be his job to be making many long passes.

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
His passing today was better than Del Piero's -- which right now isn't saying much.

But his tackles were awesome and he won a lot of balls for us. That kept our midfield relevant throughout much of the match.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
So what if Momo can't pass? He should be the one player we make sure to fit into the midfield three every match, his various talents more than make up for his dismal ball playing skills and it really shouldn't be his job to be making many long passes.
When you're complaining about Sissoko being unable to create in the midfield, I think it's a sign.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
His passing today was better than Del Piero's -- which right now isn't saying much.

But his tackles were awesome and he won a lot of balls for us. That kept our midfield relevant throughout much of the match.
Plus I'm pretty sure he made Perotta cry.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
When you're complaining about Sissoko being unable to create in the midfield, I think it's a sign.
I'm not complaining about it, I've always known he can't pass for beans
Yeah, who cares about passing. It's just one of the most important aspects of the game, but who cares.
I'm not saying passing isn't important but we all know that Momo is not a regista. He was asked out of desperation from Ferrara to play a position that is not his own and he does not have the one of key attributes necessary for that position yet still managed to play as our best midfielder tonight. Momo should not be relied on for passing like he was tonight, he should be played ahead of a regista like D'agostino so you can't really blame him when he fails to show a skill we already know he doesn't have because we are out of other options.

There is alot of critisicm to go around this team right now but at Momo? You've got to be joking...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Yes, lets all praise Sissoko for doing what he always does, which is get stuck in. As long as he does that, surely he doesn't need to improve his passing game... surely he can make as many poor passes as he likes, just as long as he wins the ball back...

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Yes, lets all praise Sissoko for doing what he always does, which is get stuck in. As long as he does that, surely he doesn't need to improve his passing game... surely he can make as many poor passes as he likes, just as long as he wins the ball back...
He's never been able to pass. Even at Liverpool.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
So you would bench Momo for the next game?

Even your beloved Barcelona took notice of Momo's qualities despite that their youth teams probably pass better than him

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
He's never been able to pass. Even at Liverpool.
That's not excuse. He needs to do better.

So you would bench Momo for the next game?

Even your beloved Barcelona took notice of Momo's qualities despite that their youth teams probably pass better than him
I wouldn't bench him. But I wouldn't praise him either.

But alas, who cares, he doesn't need to improve his passing.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Deep lying playmaker. Simple. Is it hard for anyone here to understand? The moment you see Sissoko running up the field with the ball is the moment you see our first problem. The first person he should look for is a player that makes himself available deep to receive the ball. Looking forward to run is the last think Momo needs to do.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Way to miss the point. Too bad you apparently don't understand that a midfielder has to be able to pass the ball since they have so much of it.

Marchisio was good today, IMO.
The first players in any team that need to be able to pass are midfielders. Simple as that. Whether be it forward or backward, if a midfielder can't pass then their limitations are quite dismal.

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
LetsBrush, let's meet on the half way. We can praise his work rate and defensive performance and still want him to improve his passing game. That's where I stand at least.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 53)