Momo Sissoko (8 Viewers)

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Do we have any reason to have any faith in Yago's ability? If he hasn't been deemed good enough to make a single appearance for Bari he can't be great.
Well, I guess you're right. How can he be that good if he didn't even feature for their Primavera? Still, from what I've seen from him, which was not that much admittedly, he looks good. There's something about the kid, but I have a weak spot for short Spanish wizards, so I might be taking my love for him a bit far.

We can't get any worse though surely? It's understandable he won't play him, but I just want to see some young players, eager to prove themselves, in black and white right now. I'm tired of watching everything go downhill with plenty of rather old players.

Players like him and Rossi have plenty of potential to atleast give them a shot when you're at rock bottom anyway. At the same time it's obviously not a great time to step in for a youngster, and carry the pressure.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Well, I guess you're right. How can he be that good if he didn't even feature for their Primavera? Still, from what I've seen from him, which was not that much admittedly, he looks good. There's something about the kid, but I have a weak spot for short Spanish wizards, so I might be taking my love for him a bit far.

We can't get any worse though surely? It's understandable he won't play him, but I just want to see some young players, eager to prove themselves, in black and white right now. I'm tired of watching everything go downhill with plenty of rather old players.

Players like him and Rossi have plenty of potential to atleast give them a shot when you're at rock bottom anyway. At the same time it's obviously not a great time to step in for a youngster, and carry the pressure.
I agree that it would be nice to see some youthful enthusiasm and we'd may as well give a couple of youngsters a chance, we can't play much worse. Throwing youngsters into the first team just doesn't seem t be the done thing in Italy though. 26 year old Luca Antonini was a "youngster" at Milan last season. Even Giovinco isn't that much of a youngster any more at 22. He's being treated like 18 year olds are in other countries.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
That's the problem. It's like it's forbidden to play players under 25, which is rather ridiculous. I know not every youngster will become a great player and they won't insta-save us from this crisis, but it's rather painful how youth is treated in Italy in general.

Even in a quite severe injury crisis we never considered playing any of the youngsters, which is a bloody joke.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
IF he can be healthy and fit for a sustained period of time, he might be a double edged sword for us. For the team, VERY good. But he brings the kind of securing impact for this team that may and has before, clouded this "team"s obvious flaws, in doing so pretty much save Ciro's job bit more with better results then we been getting (dampen the floodgates of suckage).

You might think I'm giving one player too much credit. But it was zero coincidence that Momo got injured almost exacly a year ago, and we went on 2 months of awful form that opened up the floodgates that was/is this awful defence (like a switch, from cleansheets to getting thumped hard). Pretty much contributed quite a bit to covering for that defence, and in a sense "covering" for Ranieri (Ale did that offensively, Momo&Giorgio defensively, Momo more then Giorgio in covering the space in midfield).

Now Ranieri ATLEAST had a decent organised structure for the team, so one player could contribute bit more in that set up. While Ciro's team is more of free for all Mad Max kinda excuse of a team, Momo wont be able to influence as much. But yeah, if healthy and available as much as possible, I except him to "hide" Ciro's and this "team"s flaws more and make life easier for Ciro.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
He is fantastic player. But if Momo, Melo and Marchi will be fit all the time, we wont have any other possible formations other that 4-3-1-2.
it's impossible. Momo, Melo and Marchisio are almost never fit at the same time. Momo injured too often, and both him and Melo are card magnets.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
He is fantastic player. But if Momo, Melo and Marchi will be fit all the time, we wont have any other possible formations other that 4-3-1-2.
I don't want to see those 3 play as 3 man midfield. It's too defensive. Much better with 4-2-3-1 with 3 of them rotated for 2 position in DM. And used 3 man attacking midfielder to support the 1 striker

Dec 31, 2008
Sissoko turns 25! Happy Birthday Momo!

The day after his return to Turin following the adventure with Mali in the African Nations Cup, Mohammed Sissoko has another reason to be celebrate at Juventus. Today, Momo turns 25.

For the thrid year he is celebrating his birthday with Juventus as one of the most appreciated and loved players by the public. The best wishes to Sissoko from all at Juventus and the supporter

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)