Moment of Clarity (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
neverthat....just a bark as u like to say....why u so offensive anyways...you were cool a sec ago.........take it easy my friend...i am out of this religious argument my ball is with rami ....but like i said "i gots my eye on you" hehe

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Tifoso Lou said:
I DO NOT mean to stir up sh*t, OK?

Why was 7 banned again (major flu season at work---I even missed the Juve-Siena match :( )
you really dont want to know mate pretty bad stuff

LoScoglio

Dec 22, 2005
hambon78 said:
neverthat....just a bark as u like to say....why u so offensive anyways...you were cool a sec ago.........take it easy my friend...i am out of this religious argument my ball is with rami ....but like i said "i gots my eye on you" hehe
Haha, I'm sorry, I misunderstood. Sorry.

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
Tifoso Lou said:

Why was 7 banned again (major flu season at work---I even missed the Juve-Siena match :( )

it was a great match before the holidays...hope u feel better mate:agree:

ya seven got banned again ...unfortunatly...he was a funny guy:agree:

LoScoglio

Dec 22, 2005
LoScoglio said:
Although I have never chosen to react before and although I mostly read only Juve related threads, this thread caught my eye and I would like to have my say in it.

First off I don't want to offend anyone. If people are offended with what I'm going to say now, I want to make it perfectly clear that that wasn't my intention. Since religious discussions are always going to be inflammable, I'll try to keep as neutral as possible towards other religions and beliefs.

What has become clear in this thread is that Islam simply does not acknowledge the fact, yes fact, God isn't a certainty. Moreover, stating you're not sure about God's existence is deemed a personal insult. To defend that rather agressive opinion we are told it says so in the Qu'raan. Of course you couldn't challenge the Qu'raan either and of course the Qu'raan was written by Allah. We aren't allowed to doubt that either.

Now I happen to be studying history at my university and I happen to be studying the Islam. What strikes me most is that Mohammed does have the intention of killing the unfaithful. Unlike christians, muslims were very intolerant at the beginning. Killing has always been judged by christians, but it hasn't been by muslims. Perhaps we could understand this very agressive muslim attitude of some people on this forum now. Later on, Islam would prove to be a far more tolerant religion than catholicism though and one would expect that it would still be today.

But I do believe the line has been crossed on this forum. When one isn't allowed to even doubt God's existence and one is deemed harsh, stupid and offensive for doing so, that's when free will is abolished. That's when extreme fundamentalism is born. That's when religion forms a big threat. That's when the most fundamental right is brutally attacked: your right to think whatever you want.
Seven was banned, because of religious intolerance, Lou.

And because he acted like a five year old in a name calling contest as well.

LoScoglio

Dec 22, 2005
For Seven:

Funeral Blues

Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone, / Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone, / Silence the pianos and with muffled drum / Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.

Let aeroplanes circle moaning overhead / Scribbling on the sky the message He Is Dead, / Put crêpe bows round the white necks of the public doves, / Let the traffic policemen wear black cotton gloves.

He was my North, my South, my East and West, / My working week and my Sunday rest, / My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song; / I thought that love would last for ever: I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now: put out every one; / Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun; / Pour away the ocean and sweep up the wood. / For nothing now can ever come to any good.

W.H. Auden

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
Tifoso Lou said:

what is up amico mio?

seven was banned becaus of insulting relligions. it is temporary ban though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)