Moise Kean (78 Viewers)

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
Meh, he never wanted to be a bench warmer for us, and he would never start over our starting attackers. We could use him as a Morata alternative, but nothing more. I'm glad he has found a team where everything works for him. Plus him being a wannabe fashion-icon and hanging out with those partying manchildren like Neymar, PSG is most likely a dream come true for him. He's a lot happier there than he was ever here I think.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Show me a home grown player that have succeeded here in the last 10, 15 years except Marchisio. If I was Keanlé I’d want to be anywhere but here too. Can’t blame the guy.
i'm not blaming him, it's just a bummer that the first decent hg can't be kept because of our shitty youth policy. let's hope some guys from the u23 team can actually become regulars for the first team and the next kean won't fuck off for the first half decent offer.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
he failed at Everton, found right enviroment at PSG, doubt he would find it at Juve. It was painful seeing him yesterday, had some really good attacks, but what can u do, he wanted to leave.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
i'm not blaming him, it's just a bummer that the first decent hg can't be kept because of our shitty youth policy. let's hope some guys from the u23 team can actually become regulars for the first team and the next kean won't fuck off for the first half decent offer.
How was negatively affected by our youth policy? He was fast tracked through all levels and iirc we made him the first 2000-born player to score in Serie A. Juve played him a lot from a young age. He just didn't want to be on the bench.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
How was negatively affected by our youth policy? He was fast tracked through all levels and iirc we made him the first 2000-born player to score in Serie A. Juve played him a lot from a young age. He just didn't want to be on the bench.
exactly. we don't have the luxury to keep starting young players. isn't it part of our youth policy?

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
exactly. we don't have the luxury to keep starting young players. isn't it part of our youth policy?
No, it's part of our being-a-top-club policy. Kean played something like 10-15 games in a row under Allegri in his last season here, that was plenty. When you have Ronaldo, Dybala, Mandzukic, Higuain, Costa and Bernardeschi in the mix at different times its clear that a teenager should not be the main starter.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
No, it's part of our being-a-top-club policy. Kean played something like 10-15 games in a row under Allegri in his last season here, that was plenty. When you have Ronaldo, Dybala, Mandzukic, Higuain, Costa and Bernardeschi in the mix at different times its clear that a teenager should not be the main starter.
come on, other top clubs always find the way to integrate youth. just look at real madrid, varane and casemiro were starters since their early age. if varane was a juve player he would have been loaned to genoa until he's 24. bayern, barcelona, city, psg also play with plenty of young players. i surely don't have to remind you how verratti ended up at psg

how many youth players did we manage to integrate in the first squad's starting lineup? pogba who was a hidden gem, de ligt who was already class, and who else? i can't really remember any other names from the last 10 years. regardless of the kean situation, it sends a wrong message. ffs, haaland, who only had higuain to compete with (when he left salzburg, mandzukic was frozen out already, and higuain was gonna leave at the end of the season anyway), picked dortmund ahead of us.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
come on, other top clubs always find the way to integrate youth. just look at real madrid, varane and casemiro were starters since their early age. if varane was a juve player he would have been loaned to genoa until he's 24. bayern, barcelona, city, psg also play with plenty of young players. i surely don't have to remind you how verratti ended up at psg

how many youth players did we manage to integrate in the first squad's starting lineup? pogba who was a hidden gem, de ligt who was already class, and who else? i can't really remember any other names from the last 10 years. regardless of the kean situation, it sends a wrong message. ffs, haaland, who only had higuain to compete with (when he left salzburg, mandzukic was frozen out already, and higuain was gonna leave at the end of the season anyway), picked dortmund ahead of us.
Dybala 22 years old
De Ligt 19
Chiesa 22
Demiral 21
Kulusevski 19
Bentancur 20
Pogba 19
Frabotta 21
McKennie 22
Lemina 21
Sturaro 21
Kean 17

U23 players I can remember that we integrated heavily into the squad recently. Which top clubs do significantly more? not too many. Dortmund is not a top club in the same breath as Juve, they can allow themselves to sacrifice results for development.

I would have loved for him to stay as well, but Kean was impatient. He would have found enough room if he wanted to stay.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
You know that would be too easy, right?

Paratici let that ship sail. Morata needs a backup, I mean it would make sense but we are too fucking stooopid to do the obvious.
Paratici cannot be held accountable

- - - Updated - - -

I don't see any reason why the club's inability to develop solid first teamers nor their desire to profit off of them will change

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Dybala 22 years old
De Ligt 19
Chiesa 22
Demiral 21
Kulusevski 19
Bentancur 20
Pogba 19
Frabotta 21
McKennie 22
Lemina 21
Sturaro 21
Kean 17

U23 players I can remember that we integrated heavily into the squad recently. Which top clubs do significantly more? not too many. Dortmund is not a top club in the same breath as Juve, they can allow themselves to sacrifice results for development.

I would have loved for him to stay as well, but Kean was impatient. He would have found enough room if he wanted to stay.
i thought dybala was 23 already when we bought him, my bad. the other ones either weren't starters (lemina, sturaro lol) or were bought after kean left us (demi, kulu, chiesa), so kean should have been a visionary to know that a rejuvenation will happen at juve.

agreed about his impatience, but he had no reason to think that he could have realistically become a starter in a season or two. during the same summer he left, he also saw spina getting sold purely for plusvalenza then being replaced by nobody in the squad. kean had the reason to believe that we handled most of our youth as part of our human trafficking scheme, and the same policy resulted in haaland picking dortmund. this should not happen. haaland cost them 20m, his next club will pay 75m if the rumors about his release clause are true.

I don't see any reason why the club's inability to develop solid first teamers nor their desire to profit off of them will change
it already changed a bit, see the new purchases and some promotions for this season. i really hope that some u23 guys can join the first team on a permanent basis. for example dragusin is still only 19, he is already good enough to start a couple of league matches vs weaker opposition or in the coppa, he's been with us for 3 years so easily qualifies for a homegrown player, it would be criminal to let him go like we did with spina or kean.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
How do we know Kean was impatient and pushed to leave?

Could just have easily been pushed out in our quest for plusvalenza.
We dont. If we wanted him to be here, he would be here, if we made him feel wanted and sign a new contract. Instead we saw a way to make quick bucks to shuffle around the accounting books and took it. Even tho he is the only legit youth player we produced for the senior team since Marchisio. Who probably would been sold too if it wasn't for the Serie B year making room for him.

Last edited:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
We dont. If we wanted him to be here, he would be here, feel him wanted and sign a new contract. Instead we saw a way to make quick bucks to shuffle around the accounting books and took it. Even tho he is the only legit youth player we produced for the senior team since Marchisio. Who probably would been sold too if it wasn't for the Serie B year making room for him.
wasn't marchisio all but sold to roma, then conte vetoed the deal because he liked marchisio so much during his first pre-season here? :boh:

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
it already changed a bit, see the new purchases and some promotions for this season. i really hope that some u23 guys can join the first team on a permanent basis. for example dragusin is still only 19, he is already good enough to start a couple of league matches vs weaker opposition or in the coppa, he's been with us for 3 years so easily qualifies for a homegrown player, it would be criminal to let him go like we did with spina or kean.
I think the uptick in the promotion of U23 players is due to covid and the economic lumps the club (and several others) face. Juventus had a book filled with poor contracts that did not age well. We literally paid for some players to leave. Lack of ticketing revenue, lost CL prize money forced us to dip into U23.I certainly hope they are actually investing in farm system and developing its players as first team futures. Time will tell I suppose.

- - - Updated - - -

there it is

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 72)