Moggi's biggest mistake (4 Viewers)

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
i maybe alone with this but i think i understand on Moggi and Lippi's stand not to bring new players in midseason..

after reading some materials about lippi i see that he is an old skool type of coach. the type of coach who develope and prioritize team spirit... bringing new players half way through the season basically tells that the team sucks ... not the best way to raise team morale does it... they took the decision on transfers at the start of the season and if it a mistake, its a mistake back then.. correcting it halfway through the season is no option... who would have thought Legrotaglie would turn out that bad?... and seeing that happens, what would any other player could do in half season where usually took a full season to adapt...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Togon

Nov 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by madani ] ++
perhaps we should sell di vaio because he is playing like beginners (11 offsides against deportivo even INZAGHI didnt do that)
No question we should sell him, I agree 100% he isnt juve material.

BUT against Depor, 5 or 6 out of that 11 was CLEARLY on side. :fero:

he would have missed the chanches anyway...

Jul 12, 2002
We've invested too much money in Di Vaio to sell him. HE's shown that he can produce very good form, but how can you expect a player like him to be great all the time when he doesn't play regularly. You'd all be making hte same excuse for Del Piero, so why not for Di Vaio?

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Jun-hide ] ++
Since Moggi joined the club we have won:
5 Scudetti
3 Runners-up

1 Champions League
3 CL Runners-up

Yeah, he isnt that good, after all during his era we rarely finished below 2second place, and went to more CL finals than our entire history.
And this is not to mention the fact that club was struggling financially and decaying franchise like Inter.

And during his time we have bought:

Alex Del Piero
Didier Deschamp
Paulo Sousa,
Vladimir Jugovic
Paolo Montero,
Chritian Vieri (and made a lot of profit too),
Pippo Inzaghi,
Buffon,
Nedved
Thuram,
Davids, ( for a peanut butter)
Torricelli,
Pessetto,
Zizou ( world record value added),
Trezeguet ( It seems like we are going to make profit on him)
Maresca ( From WBA, and virtual unknown)

as well as perhaps creating deepest youth system on earth. And not to mention the fact that he has been instrumental in bringing Lippi when perhaps on both occasions he wasnt most well known nor highly regarded coach.

Moggi does make his share of mistakes but comparative to other GM, he has been one of the most resourceful, creative and effective boss in recent times.

Perhaps there may be sign that: 1) He may start to think himself as invincibly 2) He may not have clear new strategy this time unlike past 2 reconstructions.
If people want big signing then please be free to support Inter. What have they done since 1989?:D
another great post :thumb:

Welcome back Jun-Hide... long time no see...

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++
all be making hte same excuse for Del Piero, so why not for Di Vaio?
Del Piero was once the best player in the world, is a club icon and is extremely marketable.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by madani ] ++
Hey people .Let us all stop talking about all the mistakes he had done. Just think of them as a sunk cost. You can never go back in time to prevent those mistake.
I wish from the bottom of my heart that those mistakes dont appear again. We need Moggi to buy some of the good young players now before it is too late.
We should give on getting cassano or kaka or other players because our rivals wont sell us their players. even if they agree to sell them it will be at great cost
Some of the young players we should buy now before others sign them are:

1)Striker
Fernando Cavenaghi(I saw him play in the youth world cup here in uae last november/december...he is one of the most talented young players i ever saw) he is just the next BATISTUTA and imagine how much he can add to our team. perhaps we should sell di vaio because he is playing like beginners (11 offsides against deportivo even INZAGHI didnt do that)

2) defenders
Mexes,Trabelsi they are both good and might add to the team
There is also a brazilian player called DANIELE or something he also played here in UAE in the youth world cup he is as good as cafu

3)playmakers
D'allessandro,deco,rosicky
I agree..... I'd like to see those same players in juve next season too.

though i'm against signing Cavinaghi now since He'd just stay on the bench and we'd ruin his career. i agree that he's a fabulous player. i've been watching him for a couple of seasons now with River. I think Di Vaio should be given a chance. If we sign Cavinaghi, i hope we'll just loan him out for 2 seasons to a smaller serie A club.

BTW, Welcome to the forums.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Torkel ] ++
Del Piero was once the best player in the world, is a club icon and is extremely marketable.
Yeah? Well, we paid 17 million euros for Di Vaio!

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++
Yeah? Well, we paid 17 million euros for Di Vaio!
I understand your point, but IMO Di Vaio is never going to cut it and I think we should cut our losses short now and sell him.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
No, 17 mill is a lot, especially with the way things were/and are with the footie market now. IMO he hasn't done extremely little for us, and I would say it's a loss.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
true. compared to the market/economy right NOW.

actually now that i think about it your right. he's dont fvck all for the team. not even ONE season of consistency(not that he's gotten the time to play)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Every time you consider the transfer fee paid for a player in today's market, a good yard stick to measure against is the fact that Harry Kewell cost Liverpool around 5m :(

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++
Every time you consider the transfer fee paid for a player in today's market, a good yard stick to measure against is the fact that Harry Kewell cost Liverpool around 5m :(
5m pounds, but still, i agree, it is frustrating!!
Nesta's fee also comes to mind!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I never fvcking know what Moggi is thinking. Even though he said Trez will not be sold in the summer, I think it will be just the opposite. Moggi is just trying to keep the value for Trez up, so we can only speculate, which is probably a good thing.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Torkel ] ++
No, 17 mill is a lot, especially with the way things were/and are with the footie market now. IMO he hasn't done extremely little for us, and I would say it's a loss.
Finally a Torkel I can get on board with :cool::devil::D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)