Moggi's biggest mistake(s)? (1 Viewer)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++
Lets see what was Moggi's biggest mistake ...
I wanna know from all of you....

1-Selling Zidane

2-Selling two talented players ( Micco , Maresca )...

My answer is 2..
i know zidane is one of the best players that came in football generation, but still giving two of our best talented young players is big mistake V BIG!

Anyhow hope it wont disturb you this thread !
Come on: SELLING HENRY IS NR.1

Buy on AliExpress.com

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++

Well, he wasnt being unreasonable. After the amount of time he spent with us, all he wanted was to be on the same boat as the other stars on our team.
I dont know if you noticed, but David's departure affected the balance of our team a great deal, both in defense like you said as well as the midfield. The recently concluded transfer campaign wouldve been a much prettier picture had davids still been here. Yes we probably were in the red financially speaking, but we still made room to accomodate Trez's request of a higher salary somehow.
That's because we didn't bow to Davids's demands...

what Davids asked for is still too much. Juve wanted to lower their wage bill. Buffon and Del Piero had their (contracted) salaries reduced to help. Camo needed a newer contract. Davids wanted what they all made at that point. That goes against Juve's plans. Trez barely got his improved salary a year later!

Dont get me wrong, I think Davids deserves a higher salary, but it didn't fit the bill. Moggi had the right to refuse to offer him the contract he wanted and Davids had a right to leave. it was all fair game, but when Davids didn't play the first half of last season, one of them went too far.

If Davids didn't want to play, then it's his fault. under his current contract he's suppsed to work. this bihavior is unacceptable and i'm glad Moggi didn't bow to his will.

However, if Moggi refused to make Davids play then it's Moggi's at fault. (I know Moggi's a devil, but i reallly doubt it was this scienario since I'm sure Moggi wanted the good of the team. ... then again, he probibly thought Appiah would perform better...

So I dont know.... I wish Davids would have stayed for the team's sake, but I dont hold Moggi responsible.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
Zenoni £14m in the Inzaghi sale I didn't know it was that much!! didn't we sell inzaghi for £16m and Zenoni came the other way? does that mean that Inzaghi was worth £30m?!!
Forgive me if my figures are inaccurate, I go by memory and some of the fees you hear aren't always correct. But from what I recall, we sold Pippo for some £28m and Zenoni cost us about £14m.

River

Jun 15, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++

Come on: SELLING HENRY IS NR.1
Maybe not. Whos to say Henry wouldnt still be that half assed midfielder if he was still at Juve?

Surely the biggest mistake has to be Vieri considering how good he was at the time, how many goals he scored the season after he was sold and how good he finally became :)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Not really, we bought the much cheaper Inzaghi who did his job well while he was with us.

Stars dont make Juventus, Juventus makes stars.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by River ] ++
Maybe not. Whos to say Henry wouldnt still be that half assed midfielder if he was still at Juve?
Yeah but he was given just 6 months to prove himself, I think that's a bit short. Given that Lippi resigned and Ancelotti took over (knowing how good Carlo is with young players) he should have stayed, may not have become as good as he has but still could have made the difference in midfield for that matter.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
Not really, we bought the much cheaper Inzaghi who did his job well while he was with us.

Actually that's where you're wrong. We got Bobo for less than £1m, he was virtually unknown at Atalanta. Then we sold him for £10m, a handsome profit but we probably should have kept him knowing how good he was.

Inzaghi was bought for a whopping £8m, just about the single big transfer we made in that era. And he turned out pretty good to but it would have been cheaper to stick with Bobo.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Yes, but then we sold Inzaghi for nearly 30 mil €. So we bought two players for a combined 10 mil pounds and sold them for a combined 25-30 mil pounds. Not bad.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Well yeah but seeing as Inter paid what £30m or something like that for Bobo, say we had kept him and sold him to Inter ourselves, that would have been a much nicer profit ;)

River

Jun 15, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

Im not considering who replaced him etc, only the player as a talent that was missed out on.

++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++

Yeah but he was given just 6 months to prove himself, I think that's a bit short. Given that Lippi resigned and Ancelotti took over (knowing how good Carlo is with young players) he should have stayed, may not have become as good as he has but still could have made the difference in midfield for that matter.
True

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #33
    I know selling Zidane wasn't a mistake ,, but some of you might look at it in diff way... like , Zidane had became best player in the world , he would have done this to us and so on...

anyhow maresca is his biggest mistake !!

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
    I don't know about biggest but there have been a bunch of deals struck that in hindsight don't seem like the best piece of business.

Acquisitions:
    Dimas
    Esnaider
    Paramatti
    Athirson
    Moretti
    Salas
    Fresi
    Zenoni £14m in the Inzaghi sale
    O'Neill
    Baiocco
    Di Vaio E26m
    Legrottaglie
    Zebina??

Sales:
    Ravanelli
    Vieri £10m
    Boksic
    Henry
    Davids (even though signing him in the first place was brilliant)
    Di Vaio E10m
    Maresca
    Miccoli
    I don't agree that all these are mistakes except Henry.that was unforgetable.
    All teams do wrong transfers players fail in the end or doesn't suit with the style of the team.

sellin zidane with that huge money was excellent job.but in the same time bringing players (buffon-thuram-nedved) with that money was a big mistake.
    that was crazy :frown: and am sure that's why we are suffering now "financially"

And about miccoli.i guess moggi didn't have another choise.nobody would buy del piero.and i don't believe that Miccoli left because we needed money. we needed 3milion cash right for zlatan's deal? so i guess the reason is del piero.
    in 1 year or 2 moggi will sell del piero.and bring back micco.otherwise he would sell all miccoli's right to fiorentina.I wish if we can get rid of alex as soon as possible.he is not the player he used to be.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++

then how do you explain DP
    Good question...

I dont know if he's bigger than the club... and I doubt he's ever fussed. just because he's treated well by the club doesn't mean that he's larger than the team.

Del Piero has earaned, on the field, the treated he receives up till about 1999. After that, his image and marketing value is what makes the juve board treat him well.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #38
    ++ [ originally posted by Juventino783 ] ++
    The Name of the thread should be, the biggest player Flop in Juventus and not Moggis Mistakes, he is the best manager at the world , anyone can trade like him.
    Sometimes !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)