Moggi's biggest mistake(s)? (1 Viewer)

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
With hindsight buying Blanchard was a mistake but if I was in Moggi's shoes back then I probably would have done the same thing.
Blanchard at the time was one of the biggest prospect in the world football and was dubbed by many as "heir" to Didier Deschamp a la Mexes is "a successor" to Laurent Blanc.
I am not going to criticize Legrotagglie for the same reason. Sometimes, players doesnt perform their previous form and it isnt always management's fault.
However, not making certain deal is obviously management's fault, and I agree with Torkel not buying certain players he could and should have is often the biggest mistake Moggi makes. Other than that, Henry is definetely biggest mistake of Moggi's career. Henry was a prostigious talent all along and those who have followed him from Monaco and Frech youth team in the World Championship in Malaysia in 1998 will tell you he has always been outstanding player. Juve and Ancelotti obviously didnt have a patience for young player to develop, and that was their mistake IMO. If Arsenal was able to develop Henry there is no reason why we couldnt have done the same thing given the calibre of Juve's coaching staff. The matter of fact is just as Micco was pushed because of Alex's presence, Juve management sacrificied Henry since Pippo was already star of the team. Funny, given that 10Pippo will not be worth a single Henry.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I wouldnt consider some sales and buys Moggi's fault. After all, it's not like he picks the players. The coach picks the players he wants for Moggi to buy, or tells him what players he doesnt want, for Moggi to sell. The coaches decide who comes and who goes.

Sep 28, 2002
salas and di vaio werent mistakes imo. salas was already a star when we bought him, cant be bad to have a player like that as a back up striker, his career was ruined by injury, not by moggi.

then di vaio came here after a very successful season with parma, after scoring 20 goals. maybe we paid too much, but i believe there wouldnt be many unsatisfied people if gilardino came for the same amount. kinda similar situation, great season with parma, but then who knows how would he succeed here.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
I dont think di vaio was a mistake, a bit expensive yes and sold a bit too cheap.

Big mistake was getting salas and selling Henry only after about 6 months.

I think moggi realizes this mistake and thats why he has opted to sell part of the young players'(maresca n miccoli) contract. So that if they become great players (like henry) then Juve can have an easier time buying them back (Henry, as we all know is an impossible striker to buy rite now) OR cash in on the their sales to other clubs.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
I think he was. Everytime I saw him he did nothing. Also a lot of other clubs made such good moves that summer, in hindsight the Di Vaio deal was way off! Ah... the magic of hindsight.

Jeannette

Aug 16, 2004
I must agree. He was kind of mistake. I didn't see many Juve matches last season, but whenever I had a chance, he wasn't doing good. Sort of mistake to me.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I dont think he was a misstake, he was a reasonable choice at the time. The misstake was paying so much for him (21 mil €).

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by River ] ++

Maybe not. Whos to say Henry wouldnt still be that half assed midfielder if he was still at Juve?

Surely the biggest mistake has to be Vieri considering how good he was at the time, how many goals he scored the season after he was sold and how good he finally became :)
Henry was great before he joined Juve and even greater afterwards. I can't imagine we would have let him played in midfield for all those years. And even if he would still be that half assed midfielder he at least wouldn't rock at Arsenal.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
All I hope for now, with this new regime, is that Juve will allow their young players to develop and grow in-house, such as an Oliveira

I am encouraged that Capello will aloow that to happen, given what he has done with Cassano, D'Agostino, and De Rossi

44BigBert

Aug 20, 2004
speaking of capello, we must give credit to moggi for bring capello to turin.
marginally, i think his several great signings can cover the mistakes he made in this summer.

May 30, 2004
biggest mistake are davids sold ... carini sold .. well i just think soo and ofcourse mr miccoli who will ***** about juvy and del piero till he dies...

o ya keeping zalayeta for this season .. big big mistake .. buying him in da first place ... big miiiiistake .. loaning him and getting him back so dat he suzx more .. da biggest mistake

Aug 27, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
I dont think he was a misstake, he was a reasonable choice at the time. The misstake was paying so much for him (21 mil €).
i agree aswell i dont see buying di viao a bit option he actually was an amazing sub who well scored alot. although 21 million for a sub was well far to much imo

Aug 27, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Modo Bianconero ] ++
biggest mistake are davids sold ... carini sold .. well i just think soo and ofcourse mr miccoli who will ***** about juvy and del piero till he dies...

o ya keeping zalayeta for this season .. big big mistake .. buying him in da first place ... big miiiiistake .. loaning him and getting him back so dat he suzx more .. da biggest mistake
i know keeping zlayatea was the biggest mistake he has done and selling off micoli but he has something in mind and i read that zala recently is doing pretty good he in the last friendly match capello was satisfied with him

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)