Moggi: I Wanted To Kill Myself (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
Buffon is definitely my favorite keeper ever, I just don't see how its possible to declare whom is the best of all time. It's a pretty loose concept to declare a "best of all time" for any position, but its even more ambiguous for keepers.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ascension

Sep 16, 2005
Buffon was not good in Parma or for the national team? I didn't support Parma back then and I could still be smart enough to see the strength of Buffon. Same goes for the WC, I supported Brasil and I could still admit Buffon was the best player of the entire tournament.

Yashin, Schmeichel and Zoff may be fantastic. But if they are fantastic, Buffon is unhuman! :)

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Buffon was not good in Parma or for the national team? I didn't support Parma back then and I could still be smart enough to see the strength of Buffon. Same goes for the WC, I supported Brasil and I could still admit Buffon was the best player of the entire tournament.

Yashin, Schmeichel and Zoff may be fantastic. But if they are fantastic, Buffon is unhuman! :)
If you mean that Gigi is superhuman :strong: then I agree with you.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
While I can fully understand your arguement about Canna & Emerson not being skillful, you are way off the mark to critisise Gigi and his transfer. A number of things you must understand before making such a comment.

1. BUFFON IS THE GREATEST GOALKEEPER OF ALL TIMES

2. The price is reasonable when we bought him all prices were inflated, players were going for silly somes the world over. Are you honestly saying you believe Gigi is not worth £2.3m more than Rio Ferdinand?

3. To buy the worlds best ever goalkeeper you need to give his club the reason to open negotiations. Would you expect Parma to sell him for £12m? They would have been lucky to get a replacement keeper for that, as it was we gave them a whole new team, with the money from Gigi & Thuram.

4. The whole footballing world knew we had huge amounts of money to spend, we had just set a record selling Zizou, & also managed to get another £20m from Milan for Inzaghi.

5. To compare Buffon to Valdes or Cesar is like comparing a Fiat Stilo to a Ferrari. Yes the Fiat will get you from A to B, yes its one of the safest cars in the world, yes its Italian & stylish, sadly a Ferrari is all that & more.
I have not logged on here in a while so excuse my tardiness in replying. I never said Buffon was not good, cos he is but 33m on a goal keeper is madness , buying a defender for 29m is madness as well as they do not score goals. Cech cost 7m and Lehmann cost Arsenal 750000 so you can see why i take umbrage with the amount Buffon cost. The most important aspect of football is putting the ball in the back of the net and for me strikers and creative midfielders should be the ones that cost big money , not a goal keeper
@ Alexander, do not worry, i did not take offence, i would have taken offence if you actually agreed with my opinions judging by your assertions of Canna and Nest been the best ever defenders and Valdes being world classs

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I have not logged on here in a while so excuse my tardiness in replying. I never said Buffon was not good, cos he is but 33m on a goal keeper is madness , buying a defender for 29m is madness as well as they do not score goals. Cech cost 7m and Lehmann cost Arsenal 750000 so you can see why i take umbrage with the amount Buffon cost. The most important aspect of football is putting the ball in the back of the net and for me strikers and creative midfielders should be the ones that cost big money , not a goal keeper
I disagree, thats not the most important aspect in Football which is (scoring goals)

I agree with not paying that much amount of money, but midfielders and attackers should be treated in (transfers) just like defenders and keepers. of course forwards and midfielders can score, but the same goes to defenders and keepers who can keep a clean sheet.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
People go to watch football to see goals and thats the most important part of football, you do not score, you do not win a match ,its that simple. Its not rocket science, all the biggest transfers in the world will invariably invllve strikers and creative players all the awards will invariably involve these players. Goal keepers , defenders and defensive midfielders are essential to a team but without a decent striker, you are not winning any league in any country. Last season without Buffon, Juve were well on top and winning matches, would have that happened if we did not have Dp, Zlatan and Trez. When Buffon came back and there was a slump in form in Zlatan did we play anything as well? Inter went on a 17 match winning streak with a defence thats not that strong as Valencia exposed but they have a very good strike force and thats why they can do that
We are leading serieB with a substandard defence but a great attack, which serieB side can come close to what we have in attack but i bet you there are some sides with better defenders
Look at Milan struggling badly cos of lack of top class strikers, Ronaldo aside, the rest are just nothing better than decent

Ascension

Sep 16, 2005
Your logic makes no sense. You use the argument that Buffon was injured and the team still got the results and then you go on and ask the same question of a Juve team without Trezeguet AND Del Piero AND Zlatan. If you're gonna argue at least do it properly...

And the reason Juventus played well, but not spectacular, was because the coach was Capello and Del Piero was warming the bench. And NOT because Zlatan played badly.

And come on! With the players we have of course we're gonna obtain more points than our rivals!! Without point deficit we're already more than 10 points ahead. This is because we have good (not great) defenders and an overall massively strong squad considering we're in Serie B. Chiellini for instance is classes better than any other Serie B defender from Napoli.

And finally you go on and say Ronaldo is Milan's only good player. Let me mention the good players of Milan for you then:

- Dida
- Oddo
- Nesta
- Jankulovski
- Pirlo
- Gattuso
- Seedorf
- Brocchi
- Kaka
- Ronaldo
- Gilardino

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Your logic makes no sense. You use the argument that Buffon was injured and the team still got the results and then you go on and ask the same question of a Juve team without Trezeguet AND Del Piero AND Zlatan. If you're gonna argue at least do it properly...
And the reason Juventus played well, but not spectacular, was because the coach was Capello and Del Piero was warming the bench. And NOT because Zlatan played badly.

And come on! With the players we have of course we're gonna obtain more points than our rivals!! Without point deficit we're already more than 10 points ahead. This is because we have good (not great) defenders and an overall massively strong squad considering we're in Serie B. Chiellini for instance is classes better than any other Serie B defender from Napoli.

And finally you go on and say Ronaldo is Milan's only good player. Let me mention the good players of Milan for you then:

- Dida
- Oddo
- Nesta
- Jankulovski
- Pirlo
- Gattuso
- Seedorf
- Brocchi
- Kaka
- Ronaldo
- Gilardino
It is always nice to exercise your brain cells before you speak or write, what exactly are we talking about, are we not comparing the worths of strikers and defenders to a team? The point i was making is you do not have to spend huge on a goal keeper to win a league, 33m for a goal keeper is ridiculous no matter how you look at it, he will never sell more shirts than Dp or Totti or players of that ilk so why waste that kind of money on him? He is not going to score you goals to win matches.
You are talking like Capello was not the manager when we were playing and winning matches in the beginning as well. Besides i was not actually refering to whenter we were playing attractive football, i was talking about winning matches. As for milan i said strikers, i did not say players and putting jankulovski , brocchi, dida and gilardino on that list is just comical.

Ascension

Sep 16, 2005
You don't spend money on a player to sell shirts, you spend them wisely on players that fit in with the project. And Buffon validates into that category.

Gianluigi's record speaks for itself. His performances with Parma, Juventus and Italia are massive.

And yeah, strikers or players in general... It makes no difference. Milan have many good players. And Ronaldo is certainly not the only good striker they have. Gilardino was voted best player of Serie A while it is clear also that Kaka is a star.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Denco has a point, attackers even though are not more valuable they are more expensive than defenders,
i disagree that they can offer more than defenders though.
Canna for ex can (could) forbid almost any opponent attacker from scoring,
doesnt this affects the score too?
Doesnt the goalkeeper affects the score too?
Do you remember how many points we lost with lesser keepers?
There were times that, we were superior, we controlled the game and conceded games and points from keepers/defenders mistakes.
The attacker's job is to create and the defender's is to destroy...
What attackers and attacking midfield-ers offer to football more than defenders and DMs is the spectacle ,
thats what we are paying for, a high performance team like Juve knows how to keep the balance and what it takes to be a champion, we need the DP-ros but we also need the Cannas and Buffons as much, you cant win everybody with an unbalanced team,
we proved that against Real a couple of times...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)