Moggi and Capello about Mercato (8 Viewers)

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Del Piero Staying Here-Moggi
5/25/2005 5:18:00 PM
Juventus general manager Luciano Moggi confirmed Alessandro Del Piero will not move away from the Serie A champs over the course of the summer.
“We never thought of selling him. He is a champion and champions should not be sold. He is an excellent player that helped us clinch Lo Scudetto,” said Moggi, who then reiterated no new forwards will be signed.

“We have a great striking force, which Mutu is also part of now,” he said.

Moggi also revealed a special deal he made with Real Madrid chairman Florentino Perez.

“We made a deal with Florentino. We won’t bother him and he won’t bother us,” said Moggi, who used these words to deny Real Madrid tabled a gigantic 70 million Euro offer for Sweden international Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Amer ] ++
Del Piero Staying Here-Moggi
5/25/2005 5:18:00 PM
Juventus general manager Luciano Moggi confirmed Alessandro Del Piero will not move away from the Serie A champs over the course of the summer.
“We never thought of selling him. He is a champion and champions should not be sold. ” said Moggi.
A certain Mr. Zinedine Zidane would beg to differ.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
i dnt tink Juve need much changes at all!as much as i want GILA maybe we shud jst get a 1st option on him instead!we only need some depth and creativity, bring back Maresca, a young defender and creative mid and we will be cooking with gas!

Togon

Nov 2, 2003
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/may27d.html

Capello unveils new Juventus

Juventus boss Fabio Capello has revealed his club’s summer transfer plans and objectives for the new season.

The tactician confirmed that the outfit would be looking to buy quality players in the hope of mounting a serious Champions’ League challenge next term.

"We already have some clear ideas," he told the Tuttosport newspaper. "Bringing back the European Cup to Turin is our principal objective for next season.

"We are looking for players who can make a 10 percent difference to the side rather than just two percent. Seeing as we are not starting from the bottom, this will be very difficult to do.

"I’ve asked the club for a rich squad even if we know that the money box is closed and we can’t violate the books. We’ll do our very best."

Juventus have been linked with Roma’s Antonio Cassano and Alberto Gilardino of Parma, but their arrival would seemingly only occur if the club sold first.

One man who has been linked with a ‘sacrifice’ is Real Madrid target Emerson, even if Capello has rubbished that claim.

"He is not going to leave," added the former Roma boss. "He is one of the best midfield players in the world in my opinion, if not the best."

Capello led Juve to the title at his first attempt but he has been criticised this term over his continual substitution of Alessandro Del Piero.

"Alex’s conduct was extraordinary, as a captain and a professional," noted the Coach.

"I said that he would one day thank me and he returned to the champion he is in the closing stages of the season.

"He is an important player and I don’t enjoy substituting anyone. I just do my job, the one which I am paid for."

Juventus have undoubtedly been solid this season, rather than entertaining, and Capello expects that not to change in the 2005-06 campaign.

"Winning gets people talking and remains in the record books. Entertaining play is forgotten and only relative," he defended.

The master tactician concluded by commenting on Milan’s extraordinary collapse to Liverpool in the Champions’ League Final.

"I thought it would be all downhill for the Rossoneri after Paolo Maldini’s goal," he said. "The blackout in the second half was incredible, even if luck wasn’t on Milan’s side either."

i think that ten percent can be easily improved on our midfield

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
These Cassano OR Gilardino discussions remind me a lot of last season's 'Deschamps or Prandelli' discussions. We all know who we got in the end...

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++
These Cassano OR Gilardino discussions remind me a lot of last season's 'Deschamps or Prandelli' discussions. We all know who we got in the end...
same here..........

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

So who could it be then? Henry?

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++

So who could it be then? Henry?
Haha, probably not. Though your comparison isn't that bad: Deschamps and Prandelli in comparison were rookies in comparison to Capello, just like Cassano and Gilardino are in comparison to Henry.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

Haha, probably not. Though your comparison isn't that bad: Deschamps and Prandelli in comparison were rookies in comparison to Capello, just like Cassano and Gilardino are in comparison to Henry.

It was either Henry or Ronnie considering the same line of thinking that you presented.

Dec 26, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Togon ] ++
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/may27d.html

Capello unveils new Juventus

Juventus boss Fabio Capello has revealed his club’s summer transfer plans and objectives for the new season.

The tactician confirmed that the outfit would be looking to buy quality players in the hope of mounting a serious Champions’ League challenge next term.

"We already have some clear ideas," he told the Tuttosport newspaper. "Bringing back the European Cup to Turin is our principal objective for next season.

"We are looking for players who can make a 10 percent difference to the side rather than just two percent. Seeing as we are not starting from the bottom, this will be very difficult to do.

"I’ve asked the club for a rich squad even if we know that the money box is closed and we can’t violate the books. We’ll do our very best."
Juventus have been linked with Roma’s Antonio Cassano and Alberto Gilardino of Parma, but their arrival would seemingly only occur if the club sold first.

One man who has been linked with a ‘sacrifice’ is Real Madrid target Emerson, even if Capello has rubbished that claim.

"He is not going to leave," added the former Roma boss. "He is one of the best midfield players in the world in my opinion, if not the best."

Capello led Juve to the title at his first attempt but he has been criticised this term over his continual substitution of Alessandro Del Piero.

"Alex’s conduct was extraordinary, as a captain and a professional," noted the Coach.

"I said that he would one day thank me and he returned to the champion he is in the closing stages of the season.

"He is an important player and I don’t enjoy substituting anyone. I just do my job, the one which I am paid for."

Juventus have undoubtedly been solid this season, rather than entertaining, and Capello expects that not to change in the 2005-06 campaign.

"Winning gets people talking and remains in the record books. Entertaining play is forgotten and only relative," he defended.

The master tactician concluded by commenting on Milan’s extraordinary collapse to Liverpool in the Champions’ League Final.

"I thought it would be all downhill for the Rossoneri after Paolo Maldini’s goal," he said. "The blackout in the second half was incredible, even if luck wasn’t on Milan’s side either."

i think that ten percent can be easily improved on our midfield

Sound a lot better than the ordinary Moggi statement " We don't have a penny, so we won't land anyone"

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by DelpieroForLife ] ++

Sound a lot better than the ordinary Moggi statement " We don't have a penny, so we won't land anyone"

Sounds better, but in the end they mean the same thing. :D

Dec 26, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++

Sounds better, but in the end they mean the same thing. :D
I'm not that greedy, I'm only asking for two singing, a young and good CB like Chivu and a creative attacking midfielder or a central midfielder like Xavi...
Moggi plz it is not to much :angel:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)