MLB Thread (3 Viewers)

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
The weather is alright, abit chilly in North/East, but it's impressive to get two consecutive shut outs against the White Sox.
I am watching the Braves vs Giants, glad to see Chipper Jones is healthy and lethal

wait doesnt the season start in may?? :p
Tigers blank White Sox to finish sweep. The White Sox failed to score in last two games.

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
Rowand 2 run double, Giants take the lead 6-5. What a game, 4 runs for the Giants in the bottom of the 7th, a pitching change for the Braves. Braves took the lead with a 3-run home run by Heyward in the top of the 7th

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
You have NO IDEA how happy I am that MLB took over the day to day operations of the Dodgers. Frank McBroke had to take out a 30 million dollar loan just to meet payroll.

I've wanted McCourt out as the owner the minute he got approved to buy the team.

He's a fucking fraud, plain and simple. Now, the IRS is looking into whether or not he paid taxes on 145 million that he took from the Dodgers kitty.

God, how I want them to be sold to an owner that actually cares about baseball, and not about how many homes he can own in Malibu.

This club was once one of the crown jewels of baseball, and this asshole has turned them into a pile of shit. As a Dodgers fan for almost 35 years, what he did to that team just broke my heart.

Attendance is now down 50% from last year. They have a string of almost 25 years straight where they've drawn over 3 million fans, and it looks like that streak is going to end. The fans have spoken, and we've simply had enough of him.
I met Tim Wallach a couple of times. Nice down to earth person. Don't know if he still lives there or has a job in Baseball.

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
The Tigers are losing 10-1 to Seattle? Aren't they the worst team in the league?

Screw baseball.
We lost today, but no we aren't the worst in the league (San Diego Padres run away with that title). It wasn't a great outing for Verlander. Prior to the previous two games, we were 7-3 in last 10 games. Now we are 2nd behind the Indians, big series against them on the weekend. I am so excited about the process of young players like Avila and Brennan Boesch. Magglio hasn't been hitting really well, too impatient at bat swinging at everything just like Jackson, Leyland shouldn't let him bat 3rd, you can't expect Cabrera to drive any runs if the guys ahead of him (Magglio and Jackson) aren't getting on bases, while two guys hitting .300 are batting 6th and 8th Leyland isn't doing a good job at managing the team

OP
ALC

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
  • Thread Starter #134
    I can't believe Philly lost yesterday. Rollins fucked up. Oh well.

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
    May 26, 2009
    That was an amazing game by Halladay, he didn't deserve the loss.
    You guys having Lee at the moment pitching, bottom of the 6th and no run support, the bats need to wake up asap

OP
    ALC

ALC

Ohaulick
    Oct 28, 2010
  • Thread Starter #136
    Yeah, it hurts to see such good pitching go to waste.
    I really hope they find themselves by playoffs time.

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
    May 26, 2009
    It has been great watching the Tigers winning on the road recently. A lot of the young kid have proven to be worthy of playing in the major. Guys like Boesch, Dirks, and etc have been amazing. They are composed at plate, and don't swing just for the sake of swinging (I hope you can read this Inge). Justin Verlander is a true ace of the rotation, and he proved it again yesterday against Seattle, when he wasn't at his best, but was still in control and got 10K. I still think we should let the kids get more playing time and don't go back to Inge, Magglio, and Guillen once they are off the the DL, they are way passed it and it is time to invest in the youth. Hopefully David Dombrowski tries to sign Jose Reye, we can move Peralta to 3B and get Jose at SS and the lead off hitter, Austin Jackson isn't a lead off hitter. They guy already has over 60 k on the year. We need somebody to be capable of getting on base on a regular basis for Carbrera to drive him in.

Let's go Tigers, we are coming to get you Cleveland Indians

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)