Mirko Vučinić (206 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
He's obviously saying that Mirko was crucial and couldn't be replaced last season. We had player(s) who could replace Marchisio in the line-up and do just as fine. But none of the attackers was offering as much as Vucinic.

Right now it's another story because we have an even better attacker than Vucinic. For a solid offer, we could sell now.
Exactly.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
If offer is good we will sell him I think, depends on Vucinic willingness to accept backup role. Hopefully he will be willing because I like the luxury problem some other clubs have in rotating more then 2 good attackers(plus I think he would be best replacement for Llorente, in terms of holding up ball) . Plus I somehow doubt we will buy Jovetic even if we sell Vucinic.

But if we get a tempting offer he is gone IMO. This is only practical opportunity we have in selling him for reasonable sum.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
If offer is good we will sell him I think, depends on Vucinic willingness to accept backup role. Hopefully he will be willing because I like the luxury problem some other clubs have in rotating more then 2 good attackers(plus I think he would be best replacement for Llorente, in terms of holding up ball) . Plus I somehow doubt we will buy Jovetic even if we sell Vucinic.

But if we get a tempting offer he is gone IMO. This is only practical opportunity we have in selling him for reasonable sum.
Basically, this is it.
Even more, I don't think his willingness to accept a backup role will count for much. We obviously went for revolutionizing the attack with 2-3 new players, which means that all the others are for sale. Since we're not a super rich club, we won't sell the 2-3 weakest links in our attack. We'll sell those who'll bring us the most money, both in terms of transfer fee and saved wages.
I hope teams won't even try to sign Vucinic, because I want him here. There will be suitors, though. He'll probably be the first attacker out.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
He will be the least effective off the bench too, Giovinco is shit but he can at least be useful with his pace in the last 20 mins of a game.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
There's no question that out of the four, Quag and Giovinco should be going while Vuci and Matri should be staying. Giovinco isn't the SS that we all hoped he'd be (I'm one of them) and there's no way he can fill 20% of Del Piero's place. Quag's style and approach doesn't suit Conte's plan at all.

Tevez's arrival will raise the bar, after Del Piero I think he's the best SS that has arrived even before playing any official match for Juve. Vuci will be much useful and I think him and Tevez on the pitch when needed will impress.

Matri is Lliorente's replacement and is good enough to replace him.

Apr 15, 2006
Then I'd like to raise a few questions!

Both Vucinic as well as Matri lack that killer instinct that's required from a sub. They may be adequate if they're sent in when we're leading. But if we need a goal, Quags is a better sub. His killer instinct and desire to score quickly is something both Mirko and especially Matri lack. For this reason, Quags needs to stay.

Giovinco isn't the SS that we all hoped he'd be (I'm one of them) and there's no way he can fill 20% of Del Piero's place.
Neither can Vucinic, so shut up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 206)