Miralem Pjanic - CM/AM - AS Roma (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Osman,you're bringing up his performances from 3 yrs ago at Dortmund.
That doesn't really mean much in this context.His time at Bayern has been marred by injuries and underwhelming performances.Gotze is nothing more than merely a name at this point.He has to start all over again.
Plus he's German and probably doesn't have a liking towards Italian football.Avoid.

- - - Updated - - -

football fans are so short sighted :D
No I'd rather take the in-form player over the more talented 'gamble'.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Only thing thats valid is the Germans bit and not liking Italian football. Tho at this point we are more attractive options to majority of German players then previously.

Its simple matter, I see plenty of quality in Götze still, I been watching football too long to count out a player that absolutely, especially a young one that was a dominating force few years ago, completely out as you are. Defenitely would take the gamble on him. Its another matter if its likely to happen, its not at all. But doesnt change he has all he needs to completely bounce back as a player again. I mean I seen Bergkamp be a joke in Inter, Henry a nobody for us, even Vieri a so-so random player with us etc. Players dont work in certain clubs (his own Teammates like Robben, Boateng and even Coman are proof of that), doesnt mean they are down and out for the count...

- - - Updated - - -

No I'd rather take the in-form player over the more talented 'gamble'.
The weird thing is Pjanic despite his great season and obvious good qualities, hasnt been a top team yet in his career because he has been seen as more of a gamble then Götze, who already in his short career shown he can be the IT guy for a team, and has won multiple titles and played in CL final, even decided a world cup final already. He is not as much of a gamble as you paint him to be.

A D A M

Oct 28, 2008
Only thing thats valid is the Germans bit and not liking Italian football. Tho at this point we are more attractive options to majority of German players then previously.

Its simple matter, I see plenty of quality in Götze still, I been watching football too long to count out a player that absolutely, especially a young one that was a dominating force few years ago, completely out as you are. Defenitely would take the gamble on him. Its another matter if its likely to happen, its not at all. But doesnt change he has all he needs to completely bounce back as a player again. I mean I seen Bergkamp be a joke in Inter, Henry a nobody for us, even Vieri a so-so random player with us etc. Players dont work in certain clubs, doesnt mean they are down and out for the count...
Totally agree

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
There is no point discussing Gotze. We won't even go after him.
We have an emergency in midfield - Marchisio will be out for a while and we can't know if he'll be back ok or broken forever. Khedira is injured half the time.

We are buying a CM. Gotze ain't one.

Marotta insisted that we will do our shopping in Italy. Allegri spoke in the last pre-match conference that we only want highest quality this time.
I don't even think it's questionable that we're after Pjanic. We 100% are. Now the question is if we will get him.

Jun 6, 2015
They also bought Sanches remember. With Vidal & Thiago & Xabi Alonso, they don't need shit.
Plus we don't know how Ancelotti plans to utilize Javi Martinez and Kimmich who are essentially midfielders after all and there has even been rumors that Alaba would like to play as CM.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah they arent even the same position as said, they have AM in common but play the role in very different ways. Götze would score more goals and assist some, while Pjanic is the type to patiently build up and be creative force. They could play together, not that it will happen lol.

I sincerely hope we get Pjanic, not only for his quality, but to show we can have the Bayern effect on this league, the ability to take the best player out of your competition. If we get Pjanic, I hope in a year or two the next player we take from "fierce" provincial rivals will be Bernadeschi :)

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Not comparing Modric to Pjanic but let's not forget he was playing for provincial Spurs before making the big switch.
It's a very trivial matter Osman which doesn't really apply in this scenario.What counts is Pjanic is one of the top midfielders in the league.

Jun 6, 2015
Not comparing Modric to Pjanic but let's not forget he was playing for provincial Spurs before making the big switch.
It's a very trivial matter Osman which doesn't really apply in this scenario.What counts is Pjanic is one of the top midfielders in the league.
I'm with you here Pjanic is the better player and the better fit for our team. I think he's actually the kind of player that we'd only be able to fully appreciate after seeing him play week in week out. I think he's much better than he is given credit for.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Pjanic might be not mobile enough to play as AM for Max, I think he doesn't do much running work, so all this rumors are possibly bs. Andre Gomes looks like a more logical choice.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
SKY report that #Pjanic may have informed #Roma that in order to stay with them, he'd want a more lucrative contract

- - - Updated - - -

Sky confirmed the interest of Juventus in Pjanic but the player has informed Roma that he wants to stay with a salary increase.

- - - Updated - - -

From Fake Melo's twitter account :

hash ‏@hashim0307 39m39 minutes ago
Pjanic interview from 2012: "As a kid I followed Juventus because of my idol Zinedine Zidane. It's a team I've always liked"

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Damn, he uses our interest so he can get more.
How much salary he receives in roma?
I need confirmation from someone but i've been googling it a for a while and i found he earns 2M most probably NET.
I hope he asks them to double his salary in that case.He's pushing Roma to act and act quickly perhaps.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
SKY report that #Pjanic may have informed #Roma that in order to stay with them, he'd want a more lucrative contract

- - - Updated - - -

Sky confirmed the interest of Juventus in Pjanic but the player has informed Roma that he wants to stay with a salary increase.

- - - Updated - - -

From Fake Melo's twitter account :

hash ‏@hashim0307 39m39 minutes ago
Pjanic interview from 2012: "As a kid I followed Juventus because of my idol Zinedine Zidane. It's a team I've always liked"

Let's play this game with Pjanic.

He wants a more lucrative contract with Roma.

If he signed with us, he would get a more lucrative contract anyway. And guaranteed CL football. And playing with the likes of Pogba, Dybala,Mandzukic, etc......

What could possibly motivate him to want to stay in Roma, unless he really likes the city that much.

JuveID

Allegri and Beppe Mania
Feb 5, 2015
I need confirmation from someone but i've been googling it a for a while and i found he earns 2M most probably NET.
I hope he asks them to double his salary in that case.He's pushing Roma to act and act quickly perhaps.
2M? It's amazing considering they give de rossi 6,5 million.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
@Osman, there may not be anyone here that loves Gotze more than I do. I've had first dibs on his player thread for 4 years :lol:

That being said, if the opportunity arrives to get Pjanic, just by paying the buyout clause comes about......................

Well..............................

I'm all in.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Hmm...

Whats the latest Mark ?

Allegri yesterday : We need to find players who've the DNA of Juve & are able to raise the quality level of this team."

I wonder who was he thinking about ::hustini2::
Probably him. :D

Latest are that many sources say we'll pay the clause.

I doubt we'd pay that shit in one rate. :beppe: Beppe will probably try and make a deal with roma so he could pay in 3-4 instalments. roma would like Zaza I read.

Luca Momblano[who rarely gets one right] say we got G.Jesus and he'll finish the season there. We better have that wrapped up because for sure a**holes like farca, real, shitty,psg...will wake up and snap him up in one sec.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)