Miralem Pjanic - CM/AM - AS Roma (126 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I would rather get Götze then Pjanic actually, even if latter is more versatile as a midfielder.
I wouldn't at this point. The age difference is negligible, Pjanic has the advantage of already being in Italy, the production is there, and there are no fitness issues with him whatsoever.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
They will sell Rode and probably move up Kimmich too. But Sanches is 18 and box to box. Pjanics only competition are the creative Spaniards.

Xabi is at best a rotational player at his age and declined level (mainly useful for set pieces, and Pjanic alot better at those). Thiago is great but too much of a injury risk. It would be crowded but they need another player like Pjanic still to elevate their options.
But that's what I was saying - It will be too crowded and since the price is fixed at 38m euro, then we'll be fighting Bayern only with wages where I don't think they will offer that much more than us, if any at all. He's not someone they desperately need, so I don't see them offering him ridiculous wages.
In Juve he'll have a guaranteed starting XI spot, in Bayern he won't. Even if it comes down to choosing between us and Bayern, I don't think that Bayern will be certain to get him.
All we need to do is offer decent wages and then Allegri should convince Pjanic to join. We can fight Bayern for this guy, and we can win the fight.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
yes, but it's been a while.
Yeah, but dude is what, 23 and 24? Still beginning of his career. And I hate to use the word, but he has ridicolous high ceiling (more so then Pjanic who I rate, just not in same potential height) if used right again and if in great invironment as he was in Dortmund.

Also to illustrate a minor point in how not to count out players too soon, may I present to you a few who has been through the Marotta run career resurrecting Lazarus pit ;) :D

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
But that's what I was saying - It will be too crowded and since the price is fixed at 38m euro, then we'll be fighting Bayern only with wages where I don't think they will offer that much more than us, if any at all. He's not someone they desperately need, so I don't see them offering him ridiculous wages.
In Juve he'll have a guaranteed starting XI spot, in Bayern he won't. Even if it comes down to choosing between us and Bayern, I don't think that Bayern will be certain to get him.
All we need to do is offer decent wages and then Allegri should convince Pjanic to join. We can fight Bayern for this guy, and we can win the fight.
We can fight for him and win him for sure. Mainly because its an advantage we wont have to go into bidding war we would perhaps lose. And the fact that I presume this guy loves being in Italy after so many years. But the fact of the matter is, Bayern are super attractive option for most players, especially Balkan ones for some reason past decade, but more importantly I see them as our main threat because they are the kind to act quick on deals and have shown interest in past months. Ask @Nostradamus. PSG even if ridicolously rich and can offer record salary, I dont see as much competition for us because I dont see how he would find that as enticing as us when its smaller league but are in similar dominating presence as us and not better in CL. Plus he has already been in France for all of his pre Italy career.

In England City would be the toughest competition, maybe Chelsea, defenitely not Man U, any top player wanting to leave for trophies shouldnt be in a hurry to join them right now.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Pjanic > Gotze at the moment.

Pjanic just had his best season in his career while Gotze has faded into obscurity for the last 3 yrs.

Add to Pjanic's versatility,it's pretty clear who would elevate our team more from these two.

Pjanic is the form player.It really shouldnt be a debate at all.

One signing like Pjanic would elevate us to Bayern/Barca/Madrid status.

- - - Updated - - -

While with Gotze,you take a gamble because he's done nothing for a while.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I would love to sign him. Mainly because the bosnian is more of a natural playmaker who can play deeper if needed, the type we need. But Pjanic plays in provincial Roma, dont forget that. Having your best season at 26 after being inconsistent for most of your career prior (he was amazing in Lyon, thought he would be better then he turned out) and Götze struggling in a big club like Bayern doesnt say much about overall quality, especially since the latter has been title winning impact player who been great in CL for Dortmund and decided World cup at his age already. Struggling but not out, Pjanic has had a better season then Hazard too but it doesnt mean much for assessing the long term quality and career of the players.

We need Pjanic type more then Götze, depending on the formation Allegri goes with. If its our current one, Pjanic is CM and Götze is FW basically. He scored 2 goals as such basically yesterday.

OP
zizinho

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
  • Thread Starter #260
    given our good relations with Bayern i think they would give us Gotze for 30M tops. if he wants to come here is a different question

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 122)