Miralem Pjanić (13 Viewers)

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Miralem doesn't cut it anymore. His turning in a Jorighno-like player took away his biggest strength. A couple of runs Rodrigo made yesterday were so refreshing to see.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
I think yesterday was a fine example of what Juvejay said quite often, he just lacks the athleticism to play in most midfield roles and his passing skills don't compensate his lackings. It was less obvious during the Allegri-era, but I guess he's also past his peak right now. I've got no idea why Barca are interested, but I'm open to swap him with Arthur

Sjaban

Dec 29, 2012
As one of my best friends put it, nowadays footballers (especially midfielders) are required to be top athletes as well. The game demands dynamic, athletic and strong players in midfield on top of football ability. Pjanic doesn't tick any of those boxes and will get caught against those that do..

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Yeah, everyone was waiting for him to grow up, make a next step, looks like it won’t happen here. Barca suits him, as long as they have Messi, other players will over perform there

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Yeah he was never WC at Roma even though many thought/think he was. And also was inconsistent. Usually good (just good, not il top player) first half of season and subpar second half.

As for last three seasons with us and the notion he'll be WC "again" at Barca and that these performances (noticed after three yrs of watching over 100 games) are due to coaches, tactics, player's mood (lol), and anything but player's ability... genuinely wonder how some people's optic nerves and neurons work. I mean it's a fairly simple game, and its analysis or interpretation doesn't involve rocket science. Easy to tell when a player is having a good, mediocre or shit game even if you failed pre-calculus.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and wanting to keep a 30 yo who rarely played well in three yrs over signing Arthur (as imperfect a player he may be) and blaming the mgmt for not being able to trade for a better player or get a cash lump sum.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)