Miralem Pjanić (21 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Not a fan with Sarri at the moment but for Pjanic to be mad at ANYTHING but with himself is annoying the hell out of me. The guy on paper should be miles ahead of our other midfielders. Did he ever have this kind of performance issues at Roma before he came?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
He has allways been chronically inconsistent, with Roma and young Lyon days, he coupled a fantastic half season with a disappointing one pretty much every season.
That's great. So not only do we buy players with chronic injury issues, but we mix that in with players who are largely inconsistent.

What we are getting REALLY good at now is buying players that magically combine both.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I’m glad Pjanic has had a row with Sarri. If I was a player in that team at the moment I’d be having an argument with him as well.

His stupid rigid approach and one dimensional football is failing the club and the players
The system we play and role he is being asked to play is also a big part in his poor performances.

- He has run the 5th most km's in Serie A this season. You don't need to be a fitness coach to realise that doesn't suit him, he is not a Kante or Vidal type player with a big engine.
- The Sarri obsession of having a regista playing 125 passes or whatever is mindless but clearly something he is asked to do in his role.
- He is an instinctive player with a bit of fantasy about him, playing him as basically our 3rd deepest player is a waste. It worked perfectly for Pirlo but they are different players.
- Our slow build up play is giving teams the opportunity to have 11 men behind the ball giving less options to play passes to open teams up. Of course Pjanic could help his case by playing quicker but the system around him and the insistence on the short and frequent passing are factors.
- He played constantly pre lockdown and was never given a rest even when there were opportunities to do so. This links to my first point on his level of running. He was never going to be able to keep that up without getting injured or dropping performances. It was crazy to try it.

I actually think he had a good game vs Napoli, you could see what he was asked to do and he did it well. There is no doubt before that he has been poor and should take some blame but I don't think it as black and white as Pjanic doesn't care or is a poor player.

Last edited:

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
That's great. So not only do we buy players with chronic injury issues, but we mix that in with players who are largely inconsistent.

What we are getting REALLY good at now is buying players that magically combine both.
And that blame can be put squarely put on scouting and management departments

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

it has to be done until the end of the month, so i assume he'll leave within a week. it's been a pretty good 3,5 years, with a complete meltdown and visibly disinterested player at the end. overall, i'd be very happy if all of our 30m purchases proved to be this "bad".

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006

it has to be done until the end of the month, so i assume he'll leave within a week. it's been a pretty good 3,5 years, with a complete meltdown and visibly disinterested player at the end. overall, i'd be very happy if all of our 30m purchases proved to be this "bad".
good bloody riddance to pjanic I say, We get a midfielder who will be of better use to us, keep ffp happy and splash the cash on another midfielder and other signings

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
I was really happy when we got him, he was amazing the season we reached the final vs Real with Khedira in a middle which came as a surprise considering everyone was saying how he can only fuction in a three man midfield and needs protection.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I was really happy when we got him, he was amazing the season we reached the final vs Real with Khedira in a middle which came as a surprise considering everyone was saying how he can only fuction in a three man midfield and needs protection.
Can't really say I was ever Pjanic' biggest fan, sure I was happy when he arrived, but I was never bothered about him leaving. I haven't been emotionally attached as I have been with some of the other departures.

Honestly I think his departure has been on the books for at least a year now, I think this move suits all parties involved

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)