Miralem Pjanić (30 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
fair enough im on a Rabiot for holding mid kick lately though.

i wouldnt play Bentancur there. Not because he is bad but because him and matuidi are the only true B2B mids we have and matuidi has his obvious limitations.

imo it would be crazy to not make Bentancur RCM
Play Rabiot-Pjanic-Bentancur, Bentancur as the B2B more aggressive attacking type, Rabiot and Pjanic can both work as either a decent regista or moving forward to create around the box. Rabiot has made some nice forward runs, though seems to have little end product, Pjanic at Roma and Lyon was brilliant around the box with his passing and through balls. Pjanic earlier this season before the international break looked exactly like Jorginho at his best under Sarri. Now he looks like Jorginho did for much of last season under Sarri. But I’m sure he’ll pick up form again.

Get Tonali it in the summer to rotate with Pjanic in the regista position, eventually taking over when he’s ready, and get a good young B2B to rotate with, and develop behind Bentancur and Rabiot.

- - - Updated - - -

Pjanic has great stamina. He often covers the most distance in our games. I agree with the rest.
He’s a decent tackler when he wants to be. The 16-17 run to the CL final he averaged around 4 successful tackles/match.

Pjanic of 16-17, January forward, and of 17-18 from August to February was fantastic in the 4-2-3-1. He hasn’t done near as well in our 3 man midfields. Perhaps the 2 man mid helps in forcing him to take the initiative, I don’t know. Maybe he too easily settles when he finds himself more able to in a 3 man mid.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Tonali is a Gattuso- Pirlo hybrid. He possesses nowhere near the passing range of Pirlo, but he's got more grinta and hustle. Again, he'd be a very important piece for us, but we need a WC presence in midfield in addition to Tonali if we are serious about winning the CL while CR7 is still here.

That's why I said sacrificing Pjanic to bring in both Pogba and Tonali wouldn't be such a terrible thing. Ramsey, Pogba, Bentancur, Rabiot, Tonali, with Berna (if we can't sell him) as a 6th choice CM option is a very impressive midfield lineup.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I love u guys. We all know our biggest weakness is our MF and we are gonna improve it by selling our best MF... that's the spirit
If Bentancur and Rabiot keep developing the way they've been, and we bring in Tonali and Pogba, our midfield will be visibly stronger, even if we sacrifice Pjanic. He is, hypothetically, our best MF, but more often than not he doesn't play like it. It's like buying a Lexus and driving it like a Skoda.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
If Bentancur and Rabiot keep developing the way they've been, and we bring in Tonali and Pogba, our midfield will be visibly stronger, even if we sacrifice Pjanic. He is, hypothetically, our best MF, but more often than not he doesn't play like it. It's like buying a Lexus and driving it like a Skoda.
Pogba’s been mediocre as fuck at ManU. And has an absolute shit attitude. Maybe he works out returning here, or maybe we sell Pjanic to spend 100mil plus on a guy who has rubbished his own career and never gets it together again.

- - - Updated - - -

If Bentancur continues developing, and Rabiot continues getting into his best form, and Pjanic plays near his best even semi-consistently, adding Tonali and another young high potential B2B type already visibly improves our mid.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Pogba’s been mediocre as fuck at ManU. And has an absolute shit attitude. Maybe he works out returning here, or maybe we sell Pjanic to spend 100mil plus on a guy who has rubbished his own career and never gets it together again.
Pogba with his buddy Dybala and the Uber Professional CR7 in an environment he's already familiar with (that's not a circus)? I'm going with 80%+ chance of him regaining past form.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Stamina
Aggression
Strong Physic
Ability to run with the ball
Good tackler
I think this more accurately describes the Pjanic we signed and not the Pjanic of today.

First off Pjanic has excellent stamina and frequently covers the most ground out of our team so I don't know what you are on there.

His aggression and tackling are greatly improved these days he is not weak in those areas. where i will agree with you is that he is not physically strong but its not a requirement if he is good at reading the game and decent technique in the tackle.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
If, that's basically mean they still aren't better than Pjanic. I know he can be really frustrating in a lot of games but the guy is currently by far our best MF IMO

Jan 22, 2016

- - - Updated - - -

If Bentancur continues developing, and Rabiot continues getting into his best form, and Pjanic plays near his best even semi-consistently, adding Tonali and another young high potential B2B type already visibly improves our mid.
Pogba hasn't been dog shit at Manchester.
He hasn't been as good as his juve days but He is by far their best player and dominated every single Stats last year at Manchester.
Plus his games for france show how good he is when surrendered by competent players

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Tonali is a Gattuso- Pirlo hybrid. He possesses nowhere near the passing range of Pirlo, but he's got more grinta and hustle. Again, he'd be a very important piece for us, but we need a WC presence in midfield in addition to Tonali if we are serious about winning the CL while CR7 is still here.

That's why I said sacrificing Pjanic to bring in both Pogba and Tonali wouldn't be such a terrible thing. Ramsey, Pogba, Bentancur, Rabiot, Tonali, with Berna (if we can't sell him) as a 6th choice CM option is a very impressive midfield lineup.
Tonalli in my eyes is like a verrati type regista, like you said, a hybrid of DM with technique to dribble and good pass range. He is a must buy imo, just in case he becomes the next best thing for italy, he looks very talented. We should not hesitate on this one.

About pogba, i had my doubts but ill be honest, after seeing the reinassence of higuain and dybala.... I have got new faith. Lemme explain.

I think that a big part of dybalas and higuain resurgence is because they both have experienced how ugly a career could go if you dont put oyurself together and work for it. In higuains case, he was on paradise here, and then got mistreated. After being in a year of undeserved purgatory, he returned here as a reject... but had the will to prove wrong the board even when he was being told to get out everyday of the preseason. I think this hardened his will so much that today the guy is reborn.

Dybala had 2 ugly last seasons under allegri. Bad performances and badblood between him and the coach. Things escalated so much that in the end the board decided to get rid of both. Dybala was shown the door multiple times this last summer without him even kowing he was getting sold. This was like the ultimate salt on the wound for him.
This situation made him mature and rethink about what was happening on his career. So he shaked off his issues and decided it was time to get control of his career once again... showing the board why they bought him in first place. This ugly experience made him grow.

All this said, to get to the pogba case:
In his last season here, the guy was a primadonna. He had the 10, he had no seniours above him on midfield to guide him. He believed he was all that. His performances dipped and ultimately he decided he was too big for this team and wanted the manchester glamour and money. After 3 seasons, i think he and raiola realized the shit they got themselves in. Pogba has been thru hell in this campaigns and i think this could have make him mature, just like dybala.
He cant take things for granted and maybe he has realized that time is ticking and need to get serious.

In the juventus enviroment, he can shine this time...above all because he doesn need to carry the burden of the responsability of being te big fish. Sarri could guide him to return to his best.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)