Miralem Pjanić (27 Viewers)

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
If you move on from Pjanic then you have to change the way you play. Bentancur and Rabiot can do his job for 80% of the matches but when you face the big teams who want to come take the ball from you, they will cause a problem.

Changing the way you play might not be a bad thing, I won't argue those merits, it's hard to say. But simply putting someone else in Pjanic's position might not work the way you think.

Bentancur is surprising us more and more every year though.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
fair enough im on a Rabiot for holding mid kick lately though.

i wouldnt play Bentancur there. Not because he is bad but because him and matuidi are the only true B2B mids we have and matuidi has his obvious limitations.

imo it would be crazy to not make Bentancur RCM

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Rabiot is not tidy enough with the ball to play there. He doesn't have a good long pass, teams won't need to press him and will just sit deeper. And he is great LCM.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
is the regista currently making many long passes?
No, partly because he is pressed constantly, he has time to receive ball, maybe one-two touches, sometimes without even looking around and that's it. Pirlo was able to do it even under pressure, but Pirlo is a genius.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
If you move on from Pjanic then you have to change the way you play. Bentancur and Rabiot can do his job for 80% of the matches but when you face the big teams who want to come take the ball from you, they will cause a problem.

Changing the way you play might not be a bad thing, I won't argue those merits, it's hard to say. But simply putting someone else in Pjanic's position might not work the way you think.

Bentancur is surprising us more and more every year though.
I agree with this.
4-2-3-1 would be nice.
Woj
Cuads-De Ligt-Bonucci-Alex Sandro
Bentancur-Rabiot
Costa-Dybala-Ronaldo
Higuain

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I wouldn't sell atm, rather move him further up. He's not good enough as a regista, there's no doubt about that. Bentancur or Rabiot should be playing there.
With his traits im not sure he would work as b2b.... Maybe as am... but in this juve team we need that our 2 mosr active midfielders are very dynamic, and betancur rabiot provide that....

Pjanic on the toher hand is very flimsy physically and in his current weatheres down physical form.... Well.... Im not sure.

He also commits some silly fouls and gets carded. Now imagine making him hustle even more.

- - - Updated - - -

that said, i think we need to see more of the betan pjanic rabiot midfield to let them gel.

Then we can have a clearer picture

Last edited:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
He won't work as a b2b player. He doesn't have a single attribute suited for that role.
Max tried him at b2b , and he failed miserably. Then he changed his position and made him a permanent regista.
He won't work as a b2b player. He doesn't have a single attribute suited for that role.
Max tried him at b2b , and he failed miserably. Then he changed his position and made him a permanent regista.
list the attributes needed for B2B that pjanic lacks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)