Miralem Pjanić (24 Viewers)

Apr 19, 2007
he is the worst playmaker ever
Hes not the playmaker. Dybala is also the worst defender! Sell

- - - Updated - - -

Playing against good and bad teams changes his role completely. Against bad teams we dont want to move the ball up the field quickly most of the time. Getting into a track match plays into the hands of a worse team a lot of times.. So he receives the ball and makes the forwards drop in to defend. Our team pushes up and we can dominate the position the game takes place on the field.

Against better more attacking sides he needs to move the ball a bit quicker and break the lines better. Make more key passes and switch the point of play.

Im not saying hes the best at this but hes in charge of tempo and the speed at which we play. I highly doubt he has some fetish for backpasses and Sarri is telling him to play longer balls and he simply cant. Its a tactic to control the game. Look at what the forwards are doing whil he holds the ball,spins and umps it back. They all retreat back to help defend

Last edited:

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Interesting how the criticism of Pjanic in this thread is so similar to the criticism of Jorginho by the English media and fans last season.

The common denominator is Sarri and his use of the regista position.

May 23, 2013
The only position he's been consistently impressive in at Juventus was next to Khedira in a two man midfield in the 2nd half of the 2016/17 season. I've never liked him at regista, apart from his early season form under Sarri.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
He is no where near good enough to be a starter for us. The most frustrating player in our team have no idea why he is rated so highly. The sooner we find a replacement the better and I prefer if we played Bentancur for the rest of the season.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
He is physically limited and he isn't as talented as Pirlo to make up for it.
Basically this.

Pirlo was physically limited but thw guy had a killer pass and in his prime here was very good at dribbling and passing the ball.

Pjanic is like a very poormans version of him right now. No killer passes, no long balls, and the same physical weaknesses as retirement pirlo. On top of that he is commiting stupid bad passes in build up when we are in possesion in our area, and this is new.. He wasnt like this before.

He should be benched until he recovers form, and use rabiot or betan as registra

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
... no long balls,...
before everybody sells pjanic, just read this:
https://app.football-italia.net/?re...-tried-sit-lead#article/footballitalia-148649

I don’t think the long ball is a great idea, partly because we don’t have many strikers who are strong in the air, but also because it can get us 6-7 goals per season, but I believe will also lead to us conceding another 10.

also i read somewhere (probably on tuttojuve, can't find it now) that the physio staff already told sarri before the udinese match that pjanic has too high mileage and his body is starting to show signs of overuse. guy was praised before the last international break, now he's the next bidone. just tuz things i guess.

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
What a scam lol.
Well we actually bought him to weaken our league competitor anyway.

Our next transfer tactic should be:

- buy best players of our league competitor and use them as backup/rotational player
- and then buy top talents that has better European exposure, such as Mbappe and mahrez

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
MP has not lived up to the expectations we had after his transfer. In one season he plays 20 average games, produces 10 dogshit performances, 5 good games and 2-3 World-class.
The early season he starts well and gradually fades away into obscurity by the end of it.
There was a time when I thought he was indispensable but not anymore.

Изпратено от моят HUAWEI LYO-L21 с помощта на Tapatalk

Last edited:

Clamarc

Sep 26, 2018
Just sell this guy there's no point having him in the squad. Having a strong DM will be much better than having this guy as regista, he's not crucial in the posession game like Pirlo/ Marchisio was where almost every ball played through them

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
i think he is often prevented from playing effectively in the center cause other teams hound him and he isnt really the player to dribble out of it.

if you switch him and rabiot he would have more space on LCM to play deadly passes

- - - Updated - - -

i think he is often prevented from playing effectively in the center cause other teams hound him and he isnt really the player to dribble out of it.

if you switch him and rabiot he would have more space on LCM to play deadly passes

rabiot on the other hand has mad strength and composure on the ball along with the confidence to effectively take players on. Plus if you switch pjanic outwide then teams wont be able to effectively press rabiot and leave pjanic wide open

May 23, 2013
Just sell this guy there's no point having him in the squad. Having a strong DM will be much better than having this guy as regista, he's not crucial in the posession game like Pirlo/ Marchisio was where almost every ball played through them
I wouldn't sell atm, rather move him further up. He's not good enough as a regista, there's no doubt about that. Bentancur or Rabiot should be playing there.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
We've got more players to offload in the pecking order tbh. Can, Khedira, Matuidi and Berna all should leave before Pjanic is considered useless.

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
I would sell Can, Khedira and Matuidi long before I would even think about selling Pjanic.

The people who want to sell Pjanic presumably want to do so because it will make us more money? I doubt a 30 year old Pjanic will generate that much.
For sure Pjanic is not the biggest problem with midfield. I just expected more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)