Miralem Pjanić (62 Viewers)

OP
zizinho

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
  • Thread Starter #5,506
    4th choice in which teams? Man City, Real Madrid and that’s it.
    how is he 4th choice in City though? Pjanic > Fernandinho/Gundogan. at Real, hed be competing with Modric and Kross, so probably 4th choice. from next season on however, that will change

Mookieb10

Apr 5, 2018
    how is he 4th choice in City though? Pjanic > Fernandinho/Gundogan. at Real, hed be competing with Modric and Kross, so probably 4th choice. from next season on however, that will change
    You can argue is he’s 3rd or 4th choice at city and barca all day; however, one thing that is clear is that he should never be 1st choice at any top club. So the question is, do you keep him and build or do you sell him.

The answer to this question rests on the offer. 120m?? No doubt. You must sell. You can buy SMS and afford 4 years of Ander Herrera’s wages with the money.

I went to a Juve game last year, I am from the US so I can’t get to Turin often, I gained the most appreciation for the work Pjanic did. Constantly looking over his shoulders, taking mental pics etc. very impressive, But he’s overrun in meaningful matches.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    You can argue is he’s 3rd or 4th choice at city and barca all day; however, one thing that is clear is that he should never be 1st choice at any top club. So the question is, do you keep him and build or do you sell him.

The answer to this question rests on the offer. 120m?? No doubt. You must sell. You can buy SMS and afford 4 years of Ander Herrera’s wages with the money.

I went to a Juve game last year, I am from the US so I can’t get to Turin often, I gained the most appreciation for the work Pjanic did. Constantly looking over his shoulders, taking mental pics etc. very impressive, But he’s overrun in meaningful matches.
    I think his fitness has dropped in the last two years, and he just hasn't had the legs for 90 minutes playing at a high level against top CL teams. He was still excellent last year in the 3-1 vs Madrid though, and was quite good against Atletico in the 3-0. You can see how important he is, by how much worse our mid looks when he's not there. All the same, he's been struggling with getting run into the ground and making careless mistakes when pressed in quite a few big games these past two years.

But 16-17 he was a beast in meaningful matches... dude averaged 3.8 tackles, 2.2 clearances, 1.6 blocks, 2.2 key passes in the the CL knockout stages that year against Porto, Barca, Monaco.

I'd be torn for 120m... Our midfield needs a world class CM even with Pjanic here... We sell Pjanic, we need 2 world class CMs of his level or better to say we improved our mid. So unless we have those two CMs already purchased, or know that we can get them, selling Pjanic would be dumb.

OP
    zizinho

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
  • Thread Starter #5,513
    Why everyone here wants to sell club's best midfielder and keep the likes of Matuidi, Can, Khedira?
    The 1st mistake you make is trying to understand tuz

- - - Updated - - -

Id take SMS with Pjanic, not instead of him. And Herrera? I wouldnt even waste time on him unless hes a freebie on ~Can wages and comes to be 4th choice in case Matuidi leaves

Jethro

Mar 6, 2018
    Id replace him with Veratti in a heartbeat. However Pjanic is the least of our problems. We need better midfielders around him before we can start looking for his replacement.
    Why? Verratti also demans more money than Pjanic i believe. He isn't better than him.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    Why? Verratti also demans more money than Pjanic i believe. He isn't better than him.
    Verratti is Italian. Players are about the same level, and both equally inconsistent. IMO Pjanic has had better highs... but I could see valuing Verratti’s toughness and ball-winning more (although Pjanic showed he can be fantastic in this regard in 16-17 CL). Him being Italian will always be a big selling point.

Either way, it’s a sideways step.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 59)