Miralem Pjanić (41 Viewers)

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
He was that guy at Roma. He would get out of pressure situations by dribbling out of them. Now, all the other team needs to do is man mark him and it completely takes him out of the game. Actually, most of our players cant handle being pressed
Oh, so that's why the biggest criticism he received at Roma is exactly the same as it is today. Great on his day, but goes missing way too often. Sadly "his day" only amounts to about 1 in 3 games.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Oh, so that's why the biggest criticism he received at Roma is exactly the same as it is today. Great on his day, but goes missing way too often. Sadly "his day" only amounts to about 1 in 3 games.
I think I'm more in favour of getting a midfield without a regista alla pjanic.

I'd prefer more functional, technically sound and athletic type players who can divert the creativity to the forwards
It's too easy to shut out current midfield down

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
I think I'm more in favour of getting a midfield without a regista alla pjanic.

I'd prefer more functional, technically sound and athletic type players who can divert the creativity to the forwards
It's too easy to shut out current midfield down
Same for me. Never been a big fan of having an old fashioned regista, even if we dit make it work in the past.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Same for me. Never been a big fan of having an old fashioned regista, even if we dit make it work in the past.
It works if you have a Pirlo or a Xavi but it's too easy to stop and with someone like Pjanic it forces the teams midfield line to fall far too deep

For example

Ramsey can Ndombele/SMS would turn me on far more

Clamarc

Sep 26, 2018
To be fair, Pirlo was the same. He needed guys like Vidal/Marchisio and Gattuso/Seedorf to do the heavy lifting while he worked his magic.
Do you think Pirlo will play bad if he play alongside Can, Matuidi? I think he'll be still the same quality player as he ever was

- - - Updated - - -

It works if you have a Pirlo or a Xavi but it's too easy to stop and with someone like Pjanic it forces the teams midfield line to fall far too deep

For example

What do you think of Eriksen?

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Do you think Pirlo will play bad if he play alongside Can, Matuidi? I think he'll be still the same quality player as he ever was

- - - Updated - - -

What do you think of Eriksen?
We won't get him

Like I said I want functional and dynamic mids that can carry the ball up to the trequartisti/wingers, the can create

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009

For example

See, I'm not sure that would work right now. Which is why I personally would rather play without one, regardless of who it actually is.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
See, I'm not sure that would work right now. Which is why I personally would rather play without one, regardless of who it actually is.
I used them as an example of rare cases
They are players that see the play 20 seconds before it happens, incredibly smart and knew how to move and create time for themselves

Pjanic forces our midfield to go far too deep and it creates a massive disconnect with the forwards and means opposition midfield can just swarm us

Clamarc

Sep 26, 2018
We won't get him

Like I said I want functional and dynamic mids that can carry the ball up to the trequartisti/wingers, the can create
I'm not asking if Juve can buy him or not. But asking what's your opinion about him. Is he fall into the category you mention as dynamic midfielder?

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I'm not asking if Juve can buy him or not. But asking what's your opinion about him. Is he fall into the category you mention as dynamic midfielder?
I had more of a Ndombele profile
Or even an SMS (at the top of his game)

I see eriksen as more of an CAM
Not to say we couldn't make him work

aadly

Apr 30, 2016
He is one of the most overrated players ever , I have followed him since when he was at lyon he was good there and I wanted him to join us back then once e moved to Rome i never saw anything special , he is a mid /low team player he can fit in shitty teams like Rome and Lyon , I hope someone is stupid enough who will be willing to buy him for 70+ m

Clamarc

Sep 26, 2018
I had more of a Ndombele profile
Or even an SMS (at the top of his game)

I see eriksen as more of an CAM
Not to say we couldn't make him work
Do you think the midfield trio of Eriksen-Ramsey-Ndombele is fapworthy?
I think position doesn't really matter (apart from backline and GK) in modern football since most teams always have their players move constantly with or without the ball to create passing lanes. Except Juve

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Do you think the midfield trio of Eriksen-Ramsey-Ndombele is fapworthy?
I think position doesn't really matter (apart from backline and GK) in modern football since most teams always have their players move constantly with or without the ball to create passing lanes. Except Juve
I think Ramsey can Ndombele would suffice

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
I think Ramsey can Ndombele would suffice
If Can, Bentancur are starters, the mid will still be shit, doesn't matter who you put beside them. There will be no good movements -so other mid can't play of them, no controlling the ball in tights spaces or under pressure -so other mids have to play careful in anticipation of counters, and no ball carrying- so gg if the other mids are marked.

tvrtko

Mar 14, 2019
Srsly, if your biggest issue is Pjanic when comparing Matuidi - Pjanic - Can/Benta vs. Marchisio - Pirlo - Pogba/Vidal then idk

Imo, Pirlo was better than Pjanic indeed, but I'm not sure how even Pirlo would cope with playing alongside such low-key midfielders
Pjanic disappears at moments, but our other midfielders are entirely invisible

There's only so much you can do when your entire midfield gets shut down, and main reasons for that are Matuidi, Can and Bentancur - ffs our AM/SS Dybala or Berna have to drop so deep to carry and hold on that ball because the midfield can't handle the pressure on its own

Clamarc

Sep 26, 2018
Srsly, if your biggest issue is Pjanic when comparing Matuidi - Pjanic - Can/Benta vs. Marchisio - Pirlo - Pogba/Vidal then idk

There's only so much you can do when your entire midfield gets shut down, and main reasons for that are Matuidi, Can and Bentancur - ffs our AM/SS Dybala or Berna have to drop so deep to carry and hold on that ball because the midfield can't handle the pressure on its own
Where did I say I'm comparing MVP to Can, Pjanic, and Matuidi. I ask if Pirlo will still be good if he play alongside Can and Matuidi? and my opinion Pirlo will still be the same quality player as he always was. You can't blame Pjanic midfield partner when he was the one who played crap. Bentancur was one of the better performer in the 1st leg, last night he only came when the tie was done. Can did decent last night and even ran past several Ajax players couple of time when they pressed him hard. Matuidi is always bad technically but this shouldn't be an issue for player like Pjanic. Pirlo played alongside Gattuso who was not a technical player either

tvrtko

Mar 14, 2019
Where did I say I'm comparing MVP to Can, Pjanic, and Matuidi. I ask if Pirlo will still be good if he play alongside Can and Matuidi? and my opinion Pirlo will still be the same quality player as he always was. You can't blame Pjanic midfield partner when he was the one who played crap. Bentancur was one of the better performer in the 1st leg, last night he only came when the tie was done. Can did decent last night and even ran past several Ajax players couple of time when they pressed him hard. Matuidi is always bad technically but this shouldn't be an issue for player like Pjanic. Pirlo played alongside Gattuso who was not a technical player either
If you're saying that Pirlo was better than Pjanic I understand and agree, but Gattuso, Marchisio, Vidal and Pogba would be miles ahead of Matuidi, Benta and Can.
Other than that, imo even Pirlo wouldn't perform as good as he did if he played alongside Matuidi and Can/Benta.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)