Miralem Pjanić (20 Viewers)

Aug 2, 2005
How many assists Pjanic had this season? He was distributing the ball here and there almost all season.
Not sure if this is his part to our game or our tactics is not helping him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 23, 2013
he plays alone in midfield basically, done a heck of a job defensively too, covering Ruganis and Cuadrados ass often
How does he play alone? He has Khedira who I know you rate highly and Black Sturaro alongside him. Not to mention the regista job is to be cover.

My beef with him at regista is he just doesn’t take control of the mid like Marchisio and Pirlo. Should be played further up....

OP
zizinho

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
  • Thread Starter #3,596
    How does he play alone? He has Khedira who I know you rate highly and Black Sturaro alongside him. Not to mention the regista job is to be cover.

My beef with him at regista is he just doesn’t take control of the mid like Marchisio and Pirlo. Should be played further up....
    hes the only distributing mid we have, Khedira and Matuidi are btb mids, who when we play 433 often stay high and help Higgy in pressing. you take out Pjanic of the game, whos gonna playmake? its easy for teams to shut us down this way, yet he still manages to make us tick. but you hate him, so you will never admit how good he is

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
    Jun 9, 2011

Playing him further up is the solution but who do you play behind? Marchisio ?

Boksic

May 11, 2005
    Good game but these stupid yellows are becoming a problem.

His game was compromised early on with his stupid booking and risked getting sent off because of it.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
    May 22, 2009
    hes the only distributing mid we have, Khedira and Matuidi are btb mids, who when we play 433 often stay high and help Higgy in pressing. you take out Pjanic of the game, whos gonna playmake? its easy for teams to shut us down this way, yet he still manages to make us tick. but you hate him, so you will never admit how good he is
    As a "distributing mid" he's average at best.

It's not as if we actually play better when he's on the pitch either. Like I heard my neighbour say at the Sampdoria game when he had to come off injured: "Doesn't matter, it's not as if he does anything anyway."
    Which is obviously a bit of an exageration, but I definitely understand why someone would say that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)