Miralem Pjanić (47 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
They were the biggiest hustling players last night, bizzare, flair and and soft fancy becomes spartan dedication that easily.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
Strange times.

Pjanic's goals and assists have dried up quite a bit over the last 3 months with the formation change. At the same time he has vastly improved, especially at making his presence felt on the pitch with more consistency.

If you had told me before the season that Miralem would become an absolute beast in a two man mid, with less freedom to go forward, and less emphasis on creating chances I would have laughed. He's embraced playing as a physical DM and dictating the tempo of our play, and seems to be absolutely top class at doing it. It's borderline shocking to watch.

- - - Updated - - -

So I was curious just what Pjanic accomplished this match....

8 tackles, 5 interceptions, 3 clearances, 3 key passes.

Wtf. 8 tackles? Do we live in bizarro-land? Our little princess has turned into an angry beast. The incredible pocket hulk to borrow from madtv.

Stat-padding like a real mofo
@Fr3sh @Hustini @Bianconero_Aus @DAiDEViL

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Strange times.

Pjanic's goals and assists have dried up quite a bit over the last 3 months with the formation change. At the same time he has vastly improved, especially at making his presence felt on the pitch with more consistency.

If you had told me before the season that Miralem would become an absolute beast in a two man mid, with less freedom to go forward, and less emphasis on creating chances I would have laughed. He's embraced playing as a physical DM and dictating the tempo of our play, and seems to be absolutely top class at doing it. It's borderline shocking to watch.

- - - Updated - - -

Wtf. 8 tackles? Do we live in bizarro-land? Our little princess has turned into an angry beast. The incredible pocket hulk to borrow from madtv.

wtf? :lol:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Strange times.

- - - Updated - - -

What the hell possessed him

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
He's playing better in his deeper role than he did as an AM. Back in those days earlier this season it felt like we are playing with a man less for huge parts of the match. Then again, despite those ghostly performances, his stats were amazing and at one point in November or December, he led the goals+assists list. He played AM one more time after the formation change, away to Napoli, and he immediately made an assist for Khedira's goal. Yesterday he went further up the pitch once or twice and he made that amazing pass for Higuain.
I wonder if it's possible to get the best out of him in attack while playing this deeper role? Probably not, but boy would he be amazing if he had the legs to cover all that ground in midfield, and yet make forward runs to give the assists.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Strange times.

- - - Updated - - -

Miralem is love :delpiero:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
He's playing better in his deeper role than he did as an AM. Back in those days earlier this season it felt like we are playing with a man less for huge parts of the match. Then again, despite those ghostly performances, his stats were amazing and at one point in November or December, he led the goals+assists list. He played AM one more time after the formation change, away to Napoli, and he immediately made an assist for Khedira's goal. Yesterday he went further up the pitch once or twice and he made that amazing pass for Higuain.
I wonder if it's possible to get the best out of him in attack while playing this deeper role? Probably not, but boy would he be amazing if he had the legs to cover all that ground in midfield, and yet make forward runs to give the assists.
Do we still have Agricola's files?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 42)