Miralem Pjanić (42 Viewers)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Strange times.

Pjanic's goals and assists have dried up quite a bit over the last 3 months with the formation change. At the same time he has vastly improved, especially at making his presence felt on the pitch with more consistency.

If you had told me before the season that Miralem would become an absolute beast in a two man mid, with less freedom to go forward, and less emphasis on creating chances I would have laughed. He's embraced playing as a physical DM and dictating the tempo of our play, and seems to be absolutely top class at doing it. It's borderline shocking to watch.

- - - Updated - - -

So I was curious just what Pjanic accomplished this match....

8 tackles, 5 interceptions, 3 clearances, 3 key passes.

Wtf. 8 tackles? Do we live in bizarro-land? Our little princess has turned into an angry beast. The incredible pocket hulk to borrow from madtv.

Stat-padding like a real mofo
@Fr3sh @Hustini @Bianconero_Aus @DAiDEViL
Those are prime vidal numbers. is weird indeed.

He's playing better in his deeper role than he did as an AM. Back in those days earlier this season it felt like we are playing with a man less for huge parts of the match. Then again, despite those ghostly performances, his stats were amazing and at one point in November or December, he led the goals+assists list. He played AM one more time after the formation change, away to Napoli, and he immediately made an assist for Khedira's goal. Yesterday he went further up the pitch once or twice and he made that amazing pass for Higuain.
I wonder if it's possible to get the best out of him in attack while playing this deeper role? Probably not, but boy would he be amazing if he had the legs to cover all that ground in midfield, and yet make forward runs to give the assists.
Now that u mention this.. i even think that if we find a proper DM ....we can ven try the 4312 Allegri tried 2 seasons ago. But instead of having vidal in the hole...we can put Pjanic.

Now that this new Pjanic can press and tackle...we would have an all around defensive/creative player to complete the 4312.....something that we werent able to do with vidal because obvs he lacked flair and creativity...while miralem is an assisting machine and has GREAT vision for thru and lob passes.

Would be interesting in case we needed to rest mandz or Cuads or mix things up a little

------------Buff-----------
Alves-Bon-Chiello-Sandro

--Khedira--Marchisio--DM

-----------Pjanic-----------

-----DYbs-----Pipa--------

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
He's playing better in his deeper role than he did as an AM. Back in those days earlier this season it felt like we are playing with a man less for huge parts of the match. Then again, despite those ghostly performances, his stats were amazing and at one point in November or December, he led the goals+assists list. He played AM one more time after the formation change, away to Napoli, and he immediately made an assist for Khedira's goal. Yesterday he went further up the pitch once or twice and he made that amazing pass for Higuain.
I wonder if it's possible to get the best out of him in attack while playing this deeper role? Probably not, but boy would he be amazing if he had the legs to cover all that ground in midfield, and yet make forward runs to give the assists.
Perhaps once we've snatched Tolisso, Pjanic can do just that in a 3 man midfield or indeed behind the strikers again if even more midfielders are signed. It would be nice to find a way for him to play that role again. With his newly acquired vigor he would be an absolute machine playing in the hole. Even better than he has been in the past.

I think Allegri can make his teams win in europe with most formations, he just needs the right players. 4-2-3-1 works for this current squad, but next season? Who knows! It will be interesting to see what Marotta does in the market - does he buy wingers or box-to-box type mids? This will determine Pjanic's positional future at Juve.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
He's been brilliant ever since the formation change. About 3 months now.

And even though he was quite a bit more average pre-Christmas, his goals and assists were a large part of why we were several points clear at the top of our group and 1st in our CL group. So it's not like he was poor by any stretch. Just less influential and went missing for large parts of games, but still was a game changer for us with goals, assists, and chance creation.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
He's been brilliant ever since the formation change. About 3 months now.

And even though he was quite a bit more average pre-Christmas, his goals and assists were a large part of why we were several points clear at the top of our group and 1st in our CL group. So it's not like he was poor by any stretch. Just less influential and went missing for large parts of games, but still was a game changer for us with goals, assists, and chance creation.
Thats why he was renamed as the stat padder.

But if you look it at the other way, it could be that he is that good even when playing "bad" and not be connected into the game for large parts.

To be honest i was kinda dissapointed because he was very very good at roma and suddenly he came here and was struggling way too much. But it was a system issue too so is understandably.

But even after the system change, he did his part and it seems he really embraced his new role and trained it. Now he is a complete package and doing the kind of performance i was expecting of him, maybe even more because he has never been known for his defensive game.

OP
zizinho

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
  • Thread Starter #2,790
    Those are prime vidal numbers. is weird indeed.

Now that u mention this.. i even think that if we find a proper DM ....we can ven try the 4312 Allegri tried 2 seasons ago. But instead of having vidal in the hole...we can put Pjanic.

Now that this new Pjanic can press and tackle...we would have an all around defensive/creative player to complete the 4312.....something that we werent able to do with vidal because obvs he lacked flair and creativity...while miralem is an assisting machine and has GREAT vision for thru and lob passes.

Would be interesting in case we needed to rest mandz or Cuads or mix things up a little

------------Buff-----------
    Alves-Bon-Chiello-Sandro

--Khedira--Marchisio--DM

-----------Pjanic-----------

-----DYbs-----Pipa--------
    now why the fuck would we do that now that we found the perfect role for him and a formation the team works so well in?

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    now why the $#@! would we do that now that we found the perfect role for him and a formation the team works so well in?
    Because we can?.
    Because we can have variations depending on our needs instead of being a one trick pony like with our 352?. (i.e. resting players).
    Because he is a top tier assistman?.
    Have you seen current Pjanic playing as a treq? No right? then do not assume we cant deploy him as one.

Dont be narrowminded.

Its a suggestion , calm your titties.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
    Don't touch Miralems position ffs, man has been playing at WC level. Damn yesterday it was maybe the best single all-around performance from the Juventus CM since idk, forever.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    Don't touch Miralems position ffs, man has been playing at WC level. Damn yesterday it was maybe the best single all-around performance from the Juventus CM since idk, forever.
    Allegri will not do that and for good reason, dont worry. He is there to stay.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    Yeah. I'm a wee bit confused as to why anyone would want to move Pjanic to another position/formation in the midst of him playing in such a brilliant world class fashion. He doesn't need to play further forward, and if we go by what Allegri says about him, he likely won't very often, as Allegri sees him at his best in front of defense whether that be as a CDM in a midfield 2 or a regista in a midfield trio.

It's not like he won't take free kicks and corners still. Or not provide assists like the two Higuain should or could have buried against Barca.

OP
    zizinho

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
  • Thread Starter #2,795
    Because we can?.
    Because we can have variations depending on our needs instead of being a one trick pony like with our 352?. (i.e. resting players).
    Because he is a top tier assistman?.
    Have you seen current Pjanic playing as a treq? No right? then do not assume we cant deploy him as one.

Dont be narrowminded.

Its a suggestion , calm your titties.
    ofcourse we can field him at treq, we played him there this season few times, its no big revealation that he can play there. but you seriously want us to switch to a 4-3-1-2 a day after we beat Barcelona 3-0 on aggregate with Pjanic being absolute class in both games, playing as DM? that would be a pointless and unnecessary change

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    I dont say i demand him to change ffs guys chill. it was a comment about how good of an assitman he is.
    Gesus

- - - Updated - - -

ofcourse we can field him at treq, we played him there this season few times, its no big revealation that he can play there. but you seriously want us to switch to a 4-3-1-2 a day after we beat Barcelona 3-0 on aggregate with Pjanic being absolute class in both games, playing as DM? that would be a pointless and unnecessary change
    Its brainstorming, nothing else.

And to correct you, we have not seen CURRENT PJANIC, as treq. Don try to get smart with me.

he was tried there at the beggining of the season when he was on a limbo. Current Pjanic is head and shoulders above the one who first came here. He is very very complete now.

OP
    zizinho

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
  • Thread Starter #2,797
    Yeah. I'm a wee bit confused as to why anyone would want to move Pjanic to another position/formation in the midst of him playing in such a brilliant world class fashion. He doesn't need to play further forward, and if we go by what Allegri says about him, he likely won't very often, as Allegri sees him at his best in front of defense whether that be as a CDM in a midfield 2 or a regista in a midfield trio.

It's not like he won't take free kicks and corners still. Or not provide assists like the two Higuain should or could have buried against Barca.
    Allegri and Pjanic himself both say that this position infront of the defense is the best for him. Pjanic also said Allegri wanted him here to play the deep playmaker role, AND he can still go forward to join the attacks and play a through ball from this position too (as seen vs Barcelona at times). the way we use him now is perfect

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003

:tup: those were allegris words

OP
    zizinho

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
  • Thread Starter #2,799
    I dont say i demand him to change ffs guys chill. it was a comment about how good of an assitman he is.
    Gesus

- - - Updated - - -

Its your brainstorming, nothing else.

And to correct you, we have not seen CURRENT PJANIC, as treq. Don try to get smart with me.

he was tried there at the beggining of the season when he was on a limbo. Current Pjanic is head and shoulders above the one who first came here. He is very very complete now.
    so Pjanic started being thr CURRENT PJANIC as soon as we started playing this new formation, i wonder why is that ::hustini2::

for the record, it wasnt at the beginning of the season that we played him at AM, it was shortly before we changed to the 4231

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    so Pjanic started being thr CURRENT PJANIC as soon as we started playing this new formation, i wonder why is that ::hustini2::

for the record, it wasnt at the beginning of the season that we played him at AM, it was shortly before we changed to the 4231
    because he lasted a while to embrace what the coach wanted for him. But to be honest, how can we know?.
    Something changed in his way of playing, he trained, he got more composed , i dont know. but in early season he was having a lot of weird patches of form. And even in 352 , were he had more freedom to go forward and attack...he was struggling.

Now he has even more responsability in a line of 2 and teh guy is suddenly delivering the goods. For a player with a skinny frame like him, this is very weird. He is tackling and pressing like a true DM, while keeping his offensive skills intact.

Is weird

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 38)