Miralem Pjanić (29 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
i loved his contribution until his last ~half a season here, and contrary to popular opinion, i thought he was pretty reliable and consistently offered what he's capable of (just look at the consistency of those numbers below), but his time is up at the level we're aiming for. stats are also misleading: this season he mostly played as a sub for a dominating team, vs tired and defensive opponents. of course he'd pass relatively more and he'd put more forward passes than the others. his duel success rate is the only surprise here; he's much less physical than the others, and he was always much worse in duels as a starter. (no stats available for '18/19 serie a.)

1622530161755.png

bottom line is that while it was nice while it lasted, we should look for much more dynamic mids at this moment.

Jun 6, 2015
But this is evidence that the stats really say nothing:
1622529113276.png
It really is not.

You just need to understand the numbers and their limitations. As S4tch explained above the per 90 numbers can be a bit misleading when the player is mostly played as a substitute. The sample size (600 min) for Pjanic this season is much smaller than for the other players in that comparison, thus you can expect their numbers to reflect their level of performance more accurately than Pjanic's numbers. Another thing I also think can be a bit misleading is the colour coding that site uses, it makes it all seem a bit too black and white. How you select the stats for the comparison can also make a big difference.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2015
not even in that case. barca wouldn't want a minusvalenza, and 31-year-old pjanic on a high book value isn't something we should accept.

psg can have arthur for paredes+$$$ if they want him.
If Pjanic comes back I expect it to be on loan. We won't pay Barca his book value.

Last edited:

singus

Sep 22, 2020
not even in that case. barca wouldn't want a minusvalenza, and 31-year-old pjanic on a high book value isn't something we should accept.

psg can have arthur for paredes+$$$ if they want him.
But they have a minusvalenza already in Pjanic, no? His bookvalue was how much? 60 or 70M ? And with his age and current "level", how many % of those are they gonna recuperate you think?

In this debate you have consistently ignored Pjanic' book value and age + form, to draw the picture you want.

Please correct me if I am wrong on the above, Im not an expert on this type of accounting. But it simply doesnt compute for me that for 2 players traded for same value (more or less), where one who is at the end of his career (at least at top level) and CANT be traded for more than 10 peanuts, suddenly is the more valuable asset than one who is 24 yo and hopefully yet to enter his prime.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
But they have a minusvalenza already in Pjanic, no?
not possible by definition if you still own the player. calculating either a capital gain (plusvalenza) or capital loss (minusvalenza) requires to sell a player and then calculate the difference between the sale price and the current book value.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)