Miralem Pjanić (107 Viewers)

OP
zizinho

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
  • Thread Starter #6,602
    He didn't get to play as a regista for very long, but when he did he was great - to the point that Pirlo was barely missed. Of course, that was a Pirlo nearing the end of his career.
    I liked him the best in 14-15, and then he was mostly a RCM in our 4312, then its a toss up between 15-16 and 11-12, when we talk about his 3 great seasons here. Youre right he didnt get to play much at regista due to his injury ending his run, but that one big matchup we had he disapeared, and i can only judge him based on what we saw, not what could have happenes. A shame considering he had so much more to offer for years to come

- - - Updated - - -

Back to Mire, expecting him to up his game for the coming months. We are gonna need him at his best for the big CL ties

Tolath

Jun 3, 2018
    People (afghan, who else) putting Marchisio and Pirlo in the same sentence when talking about registas, like theyre the same tier lol. Where are the world class matches from regista Marchisio in the CL knockouts? I can think of one, Dortmund in 2015. Against Bayern, we looked clueless with him and like a different team when Nanes replaced him. Pjanic had 2 campaigns playing as a regista in a 3 man mid for us, and both seasons he was integral, 1st against Real then against Atletico. I love Claudio, but this myth about him being a GOAT tier regista, and Pjanic being nowhere near his level is dumb. No wonder though, since its afghan whos constantly bringing it up
    Personally I don't think Marchisio was a regista in his prime but He had a very good shot nice passing and he could control the tempo of the game.Something we really miss even as a sub.

Also i don't think Pjanic is a bad player just he is in poor form lately and i think when a player is in poor form needs a rest but we have none that can play in his position even as a sub

Apr 19, 2007
    Personally I don't think Marchisio was a regista in his prime but He had a very good shot nice passing and he could control the tempo of the game.Something we really miss even as a sub.

Also i don't think Pjanic is a bad player just he is in poor form lately and i think when a player is in poor form needs a rest but we have none that can play in his position even as a sub
    Bentancur can

Tolath

Jun 3, 2018
    I know but we are sacrificing him from another spot on the pitch.

I want us to try Bentancur or Rabiot as regista with the other and ramsey or berdadeschi in the 3 man mid.

Just trying to find a way to rest pjanic in order to be back in his early season form and maybe check all the options and combinations we have until it works.

OP
    zizinho

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
  • Thread Starter #6,606

Yes, he has these runs of poor performances each year, but then takes it up a notch for the CL knockouts. Let's see if sarri can find a way to bring the best out of him when most needed like Max was doing the past 3 years.

But you're right we need to rotate more and keep him fresh. Maybe try 4231 for a couple of games, or 3412

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004

Yes we do - Rabiot can play as a holding DM. He isn't a "regista" but neither is Pjanic.

Clamarc

Sep 26, 2018
    People (afghan, who else) putting Marchisio and Pirlo in the same sentence when talking about registas, like theyre the same tier lol. Where are the world class matches from regista Marchisio in the CL knockouts? I can think of one, Dortmund in 2015. Against Bayern, we looked clueless with him and like a different team when Nanes replaced him. Pjanic had 2 campaigns playing as a regista in a 3 man mid for us, and both seasons he was integral, 1st against Real then against Atletico. I love Claudio, but this myth about him being a GOAT tier regista, and Pjanic being nowhere near his level is dumb. No wonder though, since its afghan whos constantly bringing it up
    Yes Pjanic is nowhere near Marchisio. Marchisio was really important as regista, in the beginning of season 15/16 Juve started bad because of his injury then once Marchisio back to starting 11 Juve back to winning ways. And why you only judge player because of one or two games? He was always consistent performer unlike Pjanic and he was good against City and Sevilla that season

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, he has these runs of poor performances each year, but then takes it up a notch for the CL knockouts. Let's see if sarri can find a way to bring the best out of him when most needed like Max was doing the past 3 years.

But you're right we need to rotate more and keep him fresh. Maybe try 4231 for a couple of games, or 3412
    Ah I get it you're just Pjanic cock sucker. I know you'll blame Sarri if Pjanic not performing

Last edited:
    OP
    zizinho

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
  • Thread Starter #6,612
    Yes Pjanic is nowhere near Marchisio. Marchisio was really important as regista, in the beginning of season 15/16 Juve started bad because of his injury then once Marchisio back to starting 11 Juve back to winning ways. And why you only judge player because of one or two games? He was always consistent performer unlike Pjanic and he was good against City and Sevilla that season

- - - Updated - - -

Ah I get it you're just Pjanic cock sucker. I know you'll blame Sarri if Pjanic not performing
    That is only a run of 23 games though, you don't have the sample size to attribute him as WC. And then you have that one game where he was out of his depth. You can say it's just one game, but it was the biggest game of our season. It's where our best players should up their game, and Pjanic regularly does so. As long as that's the case, I don't care how inconsistent he is against serie a fodder

Clamarc

Sep 26, 2018
    That is only a run of 23 games though, you don't have the sample size to attribute him as WC. And then you have that one game where he was out of his depth. You can say it's just one game, but it was the biggest game of our season. It's where our best players should up their game, and Pjanic regularly does so. As long as that's the case, I don't care how inconsistent he is against serie a fodder
    Bullshit excuse. Now you're claiming Pjanic regularly performing when earlier you said he only had 2 good games against Real and Atletico (I don't recall he played good against Atletico) and in truth he always disappear in big games.
    Ofc it was only 23 games because Marchisio was stopped by injury and even after that he was still capable putting in decent performance in CL, providing pass to Dybala which led to Alves first goal. And wtf with that logic that you don't care if he's not consistent in Serie A. So if we lost Serie A title you will blame everyone except this trash overrated footballer?

OP
    zizinho

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
  • Thread Starter #6,615
    Bullshit excuse. Now you're claiming Pjanic regularly performing when earlier you said he only had 2 good games against Real and Atletico (I don't recall he played good against Atletico) and in truth he always disappear in big games.
    Ofc it was only 23 games because Marchisio was stopped by injury and even after that he was still capable putting in decent performance in CL, providing pass to Dybala which led to Alves first goal. And wtf with that logic that you don't care if he's not consistent in Serie A. So if we lost Serie A title you will blame everyone except this trash overrated footballer?
    You make no sense, I never said those were the ONLY great games by Mire, just brought them up as example since they're the biggest ones we played each season. He got subbed vs Atletico and we concede twice instantly, we crush them 3-0 in the time Pjanic played. Same with Real the season before. And we are only talking about games when they played regista in a 3 man mid since afghan insists Pjanic sucks in that position, otherwise I would have mentioned games from 16-17 for both of them and wouldn't have used such a small sample size for Marchisio. The logic that I don't mind a player not going 100% against the Hellases and Udineses AS LONG AS hes one of our top performers in epic CL clashes like we had with Barcelona, Real and Atletico in recent years? Yes that's quite dumb of me isn't it

Clamarc

Sep 26, 2018
    You make no sense, I never said those were the ONLY great games by Mire, just brought them up as example since they're the biggest ones we played each season. He got subbed vs Atletico and we concede twice instantly, we crush them 3-0 in the time Pjanic played. Same with Real the season before. And we are only talking about games when they played regista in a 3 man mid since afghan insists Pjanic sucks in that position, otherwise I would have mentioned games from 16-17 for both of them and wouldn't have used such a small sample size for Marchisio. The logic that I don't mind a player not going 100% against the Hellases and Udineses AS LONG AS hes one of our top performers in epic CL clashes like we had with Barcelona, Real and Atletico in recent years? Yes that's quite dumb of me isn't it
    So it's only regista but still I think Pjanic is inferior to Marchisio. Your comparison is bit unfair too since Marchisio didn't had a chance to play many UCL games as regista because injury stopped him while Pjanic has 3 years.

Even after his injury he was still better compared to most of Juve current MFs. It's just his body can't accept it anymore

OP
    zizinho

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
  • Thread Starter #6,617
    So it's only regista but still I think Pjanic is inferior to Marchisio. Your comparison is bit unfair too since Marchisio didn't had a chance to play many UCL games as regista because injury stopped him while Pjanic has 3 years.

Even after his injury he was still better compared to most of Juve current MFs. It's just his body can't accept it anymore
    I never intended to compare them, the comparison and discrediting of Pjanic comes from "the other side", aka some delusional fools who like to shit on our best mid because he took Marchisios place in the team. They'd rather broken down semi retired Claudio to start each game than an actual footballer, so they take joy in every bad game Pjanic has. If he never got injured, he'd still be starting for us and wearing the armband right now, which is the actual sad part. But that's not Pjanics and Khediras fault and folks need to move on

Tolath

Jun 3, 2018
    It's not Khedira's fault of course that some brainless people wanted to keep him in the team instead of Marchisio.
    I don't blame Pjanic i said that Marchisio even if he could play 30 mins max will be useful this year and last one definitely more useful of the likes of Khedira.

regarding midfield as i believe its mostly responsibly of our lack of form i will like to see Sarri try Rabiot as regista for a game.
    Bentancur from the other hand he will missed a lot from his current position.a sacrifice we cant handle at the moment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 106)